Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which scamming plan would you prefer?
Option 1 20 50.00%
Option 2 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 11:55 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I'm sure we've all been scammed before. Everyone remembers the first time they get scammed, it's a horrible feeling to lose something you have worked hard to get. It would be nice to have a staff member there to back you up, at least the first few times it happens. Era has one of the shadiest, dirtiest communities on Graal and it needs to be cleaned up. One step in cleaning up the community is to make reasonable effort to reverse scams.

Some people might say "this person is so stupid to get scammed, etc" and "it's unfair that some people would get restored and some wouldn't."

That's what I'd like to see changed. It shouldn't be "this person is stupid for being scammed," it should be, "this person is stupid for scamming."

The rule would only allow a person to get restored 2-3 times before they are finally just blocked from being restored from scams, so essentially the person will still learn their lesson, "oh no, I'm getting close to my limit."

It is not unfair that some people would get restored and others would not get restored, because it's fair in the sense that everyone would get a chance at having their case investigated. Just like everyone who enters the lottery has a fair chance at winning it, not everyone can win, or a murder case can be investigated, but there's no guarantee that the detectives will solve the case. At least this gives some people the chance to get their item restored, rather than no effort for anyone to be restored what-so-ever.

The person who scams someone would get banned or jailed for scamming, and if the item couldn't be restored, the person would still have to pay the consequence of jail/ban.

Someone said, "well if scamming is illegal then people will be more trusting of others and more people will get scammed." This isn't true, in the sense that scammers would know they would get banned/jailed and the item would probably get restored, and it would be a lost cause to scam. This would create a cleaner, and more friendly atmosphere for Era.

This is just a single step for a better community in Era. We can all play our part in improving the community, but it should at least start here, with a few rule adjustments. Scamming should not be a part of game play, and you shouldn't have to scam to enjoy your game.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 09-29-2008, 12:17 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
it's set in stone that scamming admins will be legal under option 1. please stop arguing about it now lol :P
Old 09-29-2008, 12:27 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
"Hi I'd like you opinions on how things should be to improve Era. Only you're limited to two preset choices set by Era's staff."
You won't improve the server at all doing things like that
Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 AM
xChugxLifex
either scamming is legal or not. that's 2 options, hence why the poll is only 2 options. it has nothing to do with limitation.

any further posts that do not relate to the discussion will be deleted.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
I actually don't blame them for making scamming legal. It gets REALLY repetitive and irritating having to go through the trade and drop logs to see who scammed whose gun. There have been people that have been scammed more than once in a week. People need to stop being gullible and going for these dumb drop trades.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Im a bit concerned on Option 1, why dose it say "useing FAQ/ET tag to scam will be revsered" but it doesnt say anything about GP/LATs so on scamming?
Old 09-29-2008, 01:02 AM
xChugxLifex
should admins (as players) be able to scam? if you guys expect to be able to scam admins wouldn't it be fair to let them scam you? I'm surprised I didn't think of this earlier. It's something to think about.

I'm sure if I scammed a player, they would be in the support center in a second flat filling out a ticket on me, but then you guys think it's right to be able to scam me. :P

I think I might put the scamming admins legalized option on hold because I think I hold a valid argument here.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Let admins scam players.

So long as they dont use any of there staff powers, tags and such.

And let players know ahead of time via News or such.

If we can scam them its fair they can scam us... as long as its a legit scam ( sounds wierd saying that lol )

But I'd rather have it where if players can scam players, then everone should be able to scam everone. z.z
Old 09-29-2008, 01:17 AM
xChugxLifex
honestly, I would still tell my staff not to scam. I'm just trying to see what you guys think.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:43 AM
FreezeBurnX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FreezeBurnX Send a message via Yahoo to FreezeBurnX
Quote:
should admins (as players) be able to scam? if you guys expect to be able to scam admins wouldn't it be fair to let them scam you? I'm surprised I didn't think of this earlier. It's something to think about.

I'm sure if I scammed a player, they would be in the support center in a second flat filling out a ticket on me, but then you guys think it's right to be able to scam me. :P

I think I might put the scamming admins legalized option on hold because I think I hold a valid argument here.
Seriously, what kind of point is this? Staff scamming is clearly using their image to scam. I mean, staff is suppose to be symbol of what is correct. Players trust staff, they would never expect a staff would scam them, this is a completely different scenario.
As Tigairius stated, there's clearly an inversion of values here. You're not dumb if you got scammed, you're dumb if you're a scammer. It's very sad that people lend their trust and item and end without any of those. Again, as Tigairius said, everyone was once a beginner and know how it feels when you get scammed. But I don't agree on his solution, I think this can result in abuses. I mean, who would keep the count on this? People would get on other accounts that did not exceed the quota just to "safely" lend an item. I believe scamming should be legal, there is no way staff can keep track of what was traded. Sometimes it might be hard even to determine if something was really a scam, how can you know if someone traded an Uzi for a Handgun but the deal was actually an Uzi for two Handguns?

There's no way to really forbid scamming, but when I used to play there was the mall and there was a trading system, this information just needs to come to all newbies.

I believe that there is nothing that can be done related to item lending scamming. This is not a trade at all. Do this at your own risk, staff should not have to babysit players.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:07 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
honestly, I would still tell my staff not to scam. I'm just trying to see what you guys think.
Admins are the face of the server. They need to respectable enough to not scam and smart enough to not get scammed.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Understood is on a distinguished road
If a staff member gets scammed, I highly doubt they won't do anything about it
Old 09-29-2008, 02:37 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Scamming shouldnt be legal on any server
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 09-29-2008, 03:20 AM
comet is on a distinguished road
I can't believe Era made scamming legal in the first place.
Make it illegal, please.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:23 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
If you haven't illegalized scamming by now you can't change that. If you change it so scamming's illegal you'll probably lose quite a few players. I only disagree with the fact that admins can retrieve their equipment back if they were to get scammed.

Please refer to the quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Admins are the face of the server. They need to respectable enough to not scam and smart enough to not get scammed.
Closed Thread