Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Classic Conversion

I'm still confused as to why, after all these years, Storm didn't simply choose to convert the original Graal the Adventure content.

I've heard all the stupid reasoning behind it, but the reasoning holds little value when you consider that after all this time, Classic has a total of four quests. If I remember correctly, the NPC-Server was added sometime around February of 2004. I'm certain that 1 or 2 dedicated scripters could have converted a portion of Graal the Adventure that would lead to more content than is currently present.

Can someone please intervene and set the server straight? I don't even know the last time Master Storm was online and setting direction for the Development Team.

Can Stefan and Unixmad allow for the Graal the Adventure levels to be converted by someone else seperate of the current management on Classic? I (don't) understand the need for coded hit detection and movement, but I'm sure someone could use the systems that were done for Classic and have a working Graal the Adventure within a reasonable time frame.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Wow, deja vu.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I'm still confused as to why, after all these years, Storm didn't simply choose to convert the original Graal the Adventure content.

I've heard all the stupid reasoning behind it, but the reasoning holds little value when you consider that after all this time, Classic has a total of four quests. If I remember correctly, the NPC-Server was added sometime around February of 2004. I'm certain that 1 or 2 dedicated scripters could have converted a portion of Graal the Adventure that would lead to more content than is currently present.

Can someone please intervene and set the server straight? I don't even know the last time Master Storm was online and setting direction for the Development Team.

Can Stefan and Unixmad allow for the Graal the Adventure levels to be converted by someone else separate of the current management on Classic? I (don't) understand the need for coded hit detection and movement, but I'm sure someone could use the systems that were done for Classic and have a working Graal the Adventure within a reasonable time frame.
Agreed, the last Graal Classic/The Adventure before GS2 was awesome. It had much space to explore and still had stuff left from early stages of Graal The Adventure. Nothing went into the trash.

Classic would possibly get back some of their players because of sentimental value. Who has forgotten the Blue and Red trident you could find. Or Fox building that had secret ways to go everywhere in graal city. Destiny had a purpose (it wasn't just some random place where half the houses you can't enter). It had the gravity fortress! Babord had a purpose too and a good quest.

I don't know why we start with 6 lives instead of 3 as it should be, and I don't know why we start with a LVL 2 sword when we should have to do a quest to get it. I believe it was found in lizardons temple in early stages. What happened to collect all graals? Where's Midas golden realm? God, I miss those times. Too bad everything has to change.

I've heard that Thor Fryhtan is developing towards a more known Graal Classic but in a new storyline and new style. Well, I like the old style and the old storyline. Which makes it classic. I like all the work Tyhm did. Rehire him and re-add all levels pre-2005/GS2 and convert the scripts.

I hope I made my point in this post. And I certainly hope that anyone just doesn't skip through this post just because it's a bit long.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Wow, deja vu.
I think you picked the wrong phrase.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
I think you picked the wrong phrase.
Nope, I don't think I did.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Rufus and I have an idea that would be a great server, and has some relation to Graal the Adventure. Sadly, it will never see the light of day.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 08-08-2008 at 10:02 PM..
Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Nope, I don't think I did.
Yah I take it back after thinking it over.

Regardless!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
I support zip4manager2008
Old 08-08-2008, 11:56 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
me too
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 08-09-2008, 12:32 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
I agree like where is my elven blast place ect?! classic is far from classic.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:27 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
I agree like where is my elven blast place ect?! classic is far from classic.
Elven Blast? Wasn't that hidden in the forest and later removed? I remember the guild (elven kingdoms) I was in used that as a hidden base.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:29 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Wasn't it the book gained at the end of Sardon's castle? After fighting the wizard? It never worked though(at least when I played) because they didn't have MP.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:30 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Wasn't it the book gained at the end of Sardon's castle? After fighting the wizard? It never worked though(at least when I played) because they didn't have MP.
if this is true, what the hell am I thinking of?
Old 08-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Eh... don't get yourself all confused, there is a very high chance I'm wrong. I just remember a book at the end of Sardon's Tower quest that caused fired to spin around you outwards and it sounded like it fit the bill.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Angel of Nightmares
Nightmareangel has a spectacular aura aboutNightmareangel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nightmareangel
Elven Blast was hidden in the old Elf village through the tree maze above Zero's Moon Tower. It was taken out in 2001... if I remember right b/c only the person using it could actually see the animation. Plus it was pretty powerful and fast. It was the one that shot out a bunch of leaves in a straight line. The thing at the end of the Sardon thing was the flame spiral I believe.

"Boredom is that from which insanity is born."

Former Classic Game Coordinator Adminstrator of Doom