Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Future Expectations?
PC Graal has a great future. Retro games will never die out. 7 17.95%
Not much will change, the upcoming updates may help Graal grow, but it won't be groundbreaking. 19 48.72%
It will continue to die slowly, people need to move on and stop chasing the past. 8 20.51%
Graal will be dead soon. 5 12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned
Vinka has a spectacular aura aboutVinka has a spectacular aura about
Post Future Expectations?

What are your expectations for PC Graal's future?

Graal can't stay at the same level, it will either grow or die out.

I haven't been around for too long, or been involved in many discussions about Graal's past, but I believe most of the magic has faded - and most of us are still sticking around hoping for Graal to take a U turn. Visiting now and then to see if anything's changed..

I'm not entirely sure what to expect, either with the arrival of Facebook Graal and PC Graal becoming F2P (one can only hope..), Graal will blow up. Or it won't make any difference to PC Graal, just like iPhone Graal, it'll bring some extra cash for Cyberjouers.

I'm interested what you guys think,
Vote in the poll and/or discuss below!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I've been around for years now, and I sadly have negative thoughts about Graal's future. I just hope like anyone else that things will change.
Graal F2P would be an amazing step.

But for now:
Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
I voted for never dying. I've got some faith in this money pit.

Weee!~
Old 04-13-2011, 11:01 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
I voted "It will continue to die slowly, people need to move on and stop chasing the past."

I don't agree with the second part of the sentence, and the owners can definitely fix it, but I think they choose not to.

I'm not mixing iPod or Facebook up with PC either.. PC is dieing, iPod has a good chance depending on management of the servers, and of course I have no clue about Facebook. But the farther out the owners move onto new things, the less they will do for PC.. And I haven't seen them really do anything for PC in a looong while. :]

I wouldn't doubt they would raise prices on iPod too later on, and I don't feel facebook will be all that great.. It is probably as free as any other game that wants money gives you special money to buy certain things others cannot get. I'm not saying it wont be as good as most of Graal is now though. I also believe there will be more adults which makes me happy. <- also a bigger paying community for the owners. >.>

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Statistics beg to differ the 'death' of Graal, player-count of Graal has been increasing and the main reason is because of iPhone Graal. It's free advertisement for the PC platform. Many players on the iPhone are fully aware of Graal on the PC.

Quote:
Player Statistics:
Unique Logins: 25069
Trials: 21096
Upgraded from Trial: 922
Hours Spent Total: 576053
Hours Spent Avg.: 22
Gelat Sales: 940k
Zodiac's Player Graph
http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/120

Both Zodiac and Era show signs of player-count increase in the past year as well.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Graal is WINNING.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Pc Graal has way to many big obvious flaws to grow bigger and better then what it already is today, the facebook and iphone stuff is nothing new, I assume its basically the same stuff we have but just shown to a new audience.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Statistics beg to differ the 'death' of Graal, player-count of Graal has been increasing and the main reason is because of iPhone Graal. It's free advertisement for the PC platform. Many players on the iPhone are fully aware of Graal on the PC.

Zodiac's Player Graph
http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/120

Both Zodiac and Era show signs of player-count increase in the past year as well.
True, on facebook all the time there is players arguing PC is better. I feel, most of the time, it is deceiving players to think they should pay to have an account. I also know trials get on and quit because servers don't explain the PC controls and how to play their servers... One of my iPod friends told me for two months he didn't know about the Q menu, and I had to teach him how to use F7 to message me.

But I don't think Trials should count in the statistics unless they come back over and over again. That would be like saying me playing Runescape for five minutes to try it counts for the active users on Runescape D:

I only use that as an example because it was the only game I couldn't try for two weeks. So horrible in my opinion.. D:

I'd also like to know how far the graph goes..
If 922 trials upgraded since last year or the last few months, then I admit I'm definitely proven wrong lol.. Sounds too astonishing to be true..

But yeah, iPod and Facebook are both advertisement for Graal it self, so will facebook be. I'm sure iPod fans will argue iPod is better than facebook as well and have people switch as well.

Just saying there are too many unknowns in the statistics to persuade myself. Also shows me people have too much money to waste. x.x;
And so far no one has voted that it will be dead soon anyway...

Either way it is still going to die slowly until they step up with something big like getting rid of P2P's which I feel started killing the population from the start. Possibly advertise Graal more then having the game. Facebook ads would help a lot once it hits facebook.

There use to be more then 4-5 servers on the server list. Hundreds of people on each server.. :'[ miss those days..

Everything dies slowly. -.^
Newpapers are dieing slowly.
Hopefully I am proven terribly wrong,
and Graal finds a health potion.

-Edit-
Actually in that whole bit, I was thinking PC.
After iPod, Facebook, the owners may find other ways to get money from its audience and expand. It's still going to die slowly, but possibly slower than my own lifetime. x.x; Depends more on the owners.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Graal is WINNING.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:04 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
PC graal is on a steep slope upward
Old 04-14-2011, 02:12 AM
David K?
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
LMAO xD

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-14-2011, 02:31 AM
Workin' on It
PhilSmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Many players on the iPhone are fully aware of Graal on the PC.
This is true however:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
I also know trials get on and quit because servers don't explain the PC controls and how to play their servers... One of my iPod friends told me for two months he didn't know about the Q menu, and I had to teach him how to use F7 to message me.
Having joined PC fairly recently (a trial about a year ago) I remember not knowing at all what to do. How to move was easy, but chat, pm, changing worlds was a different story. Not knowing how to chat, I could not ask this kind of stuff. X-X

This brings up the whole "tutorial for all of Graal" idea. I will not get into that, but if your statistics are from just this year (2011), Graal is totally on a steep slope upward.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:48 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Graal has potential, but that doesn't matter since Stefan and Unixmad don't seem to care about it at all.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Banned
Vinka has a spectacular aura aboutVinka has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Graal has potential, but that doesn't matter since Stefan and Unixmad don't seem to care about it at all.
Exactly.

Whether or not this'll remain true in the future, I'll face this as the truth.

In fact, this is officially my last post. If any of you find me posting again you can honestly shoot me.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
Well you had a good run.

Vinka
No Longer Here

Weee!~