Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 03:15 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
GS2? In my editor?

Is it more likely than I think?

This may have already been asked before, (maybe even by me) but is there any chance players will be able to mess around with GS2 in the level editor? I'm actually interested in learning the new system, but I can't run any scripts I create until they're online, and it takes a lot of constant recoding + uploading most of the time to check anything. I know the old system is still being phased out, and I'm actually rather optimistic about the new stuff.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:33 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Yeah, I really don't see how this could be that hard x_X
Old 07-23-2008, 04:01 AM
No.
DarkReaper0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DarkReaper0
I'm just BEGGING for gs2 offline
Old 07-23-2008, 04:13 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
I'd love to see GS2 in the editor too. The sad thing is that the focus has shifted so much towards online tools that getting an offline editor with GS2 support seems improbable .
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:18 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It won't happen ... I find it pretty useless, anyway. There's no need for debugging scripts in level editor; in many cases it's better to create a class anyway.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:36 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I don't think it'd be too hard, if they let you run NPC servers off your computer(no, not like the Gservers, just the NPC server, to allow the compatibility).

But no, it won't happen.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:43 AM
oh snaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It won't happen ... I find it pretty useless, anyway. There's no need for debugging scripts in level editor; in many cases it's better to create a class anyway.
For experienced GS2-users, it is pretty useless. But, for someone still exploring GS2, it can be a very good learning tool.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:49 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
For experienced GS2-users, it is pretty useless. But, for someone still exploring GS2, it can be a very good learning tool.
No, for experienced scripters who have all the rights they need on a server, it would be useless, for the rest of us, it would be the only tool, as well as the perfect one, for learning or using gs2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I don't think it'd be too hard, if they let you run NPC servers off your computer(no, not like the Gservers, just the NPC server, to allow the compatibility).

But no, it won't happen.
I'm sure it can be done with some kind of emulator. I don't see why it would need to run an actual server from your computer.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:00 AM
oh snaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
No, for experienced scripters who have all the rights they need on a server, it would be useless, for the rest of us, it would be the only tool, as well as the perfect one, for learning or using gs2.
Not sure why you quoted my post and then rephrased it . I guess it was a mistake, but either way, I agree.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:49 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I'm only interested in learning right now. I don't exactly have a grip on GS2, and it's pretty much impossible for me to test out at the moment.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:09 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Might as well just make a way for people to develop online. For example, they could make a server where anyone can learn to script or whatever.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:16 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Pay to learn to script. What fun. -_-
Old 07-23-2008, 07:06 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Pay to learn to script. What fun. -_-
Not what I meant. I mean a public set-up server (with some special options to allow anyone to log in and have access to just a private level and rw WEAPONS/acc/* and such)
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Since they want everyone to start using the scripted stuff anyways....who knows. Maybe it would be too much hassle to take the virtual machine doing the scripting out and put into the editor. It also would lack serverside.

What they should do is set up the sandbox server for everyone (like a test wiki) much like what has been suggested here and in many threads before this.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Banned
One cool way would be a level on a server that only you have access to edit. You could make it any way you want (both in level editing and scripting), and even allow people in it.
That would be good for both level editing and scripting

Tags
centipedes, future in your face, gs2, level editor, machine code, scripting, tom cruise