Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Smile New story, need help

There are so many things possible that could be added on Zone, so many ideas floating around, we should really get more stuff done. One thing is the story.

Let's write a new background story, a new history for Zone and put traces of it in the maps. It should involve real player names, think of stuff like a letter on a table in some tent saying 'The aliens are coming closer and closer, we try to protect our base but are losing more people each day. I don't know how much we have left. Commander S. Knorr' (or replace aliens with the 'evil empire' or so). We can put letters, pictures, statues, destroyed buildings and more into the maps. We can even put 'copyright' messages like 'Hover 1.01 Build By Mastermind Corporation'. The different story parts should be somehow connected but don't need to be too serious, it's mainly about having a good time and put some trace of yourself into the game so that you can be proud of it being part of it.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:51 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Zone needs to pick up where GK left off, so the gold servers have a little bit in-common

"Eons ago, our kind mastered the sea. Ruling the waters and land alike, with steel swords and wooden warships, our kind was unchallenged. We mapped the ocean. We navigated the dungeons. We pleased the gods and built impenetrable castles. Our kind ruled the world from a tiny archipelago. At our command, we have hoards of men and legions of bomies. Until one day: The moon fell. We continued to try and hold our once powerful castles from the enraged creatures that now inhabited our land, and from the enemy forces just across our waters. But it was a losing battle, every day we survived against other armies was just one day closer to the end of the world. So we did the one thing we could do: We took to the skies. we found new lands to conquer, new planets to rule, new wars to fight."

Which ever planet represents Earth (?), throw some castle ruins or something like GK's underground dungeon in. Rename all these stupid factions/teams so they reference GK, or at least something Graal related. Warhammer 40k does it nicely with Warhammer Fantasy lore, the Elder are aliens based on elves, Orks being orcs, etc. Make a "space pirate" faction, a generic "galactic federation", a barbaric group of Neptunian aliens and then a high-class regal aliens.

Zone needs some kind of deep plot, and GK is setting right next to it with a useless plot. Put two and two together. Without the big plot, Star Wars would just be a generic Sci Fi special. You need to have a story that at least makes it seem like the game goes beyond just what you're playing. On top of that, make the faction/team your part of permanent. Once you join "Sweep Fleet" (which should be renamed), you're a Sweep Fleet soldier. If you keep having the option to switch who you're fighting for, it doesn't make much sense. And don't go and use some "oh we're fighting aliens". That's not going to work because there are no aliens on Zone.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
We are pretty much all aliens on Zone hehe
We will need to decide though which kingdom has won the final war, or put hints/traces that make people think which kingdom was ruling or so (but put another more hidden hint somewhere else which could make though think that some other kingdom or people was actually winning or destroying or escaping to another planet, put some graal2001 story in it with the flying moons and bomy planet?)

But like I said before I would perfectly happy if the story is not related to kingdoms, that could restrict us too much and then people will not really be interested in helping. Everyone could add his part of the story but we should not really care too much about a common canon.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Nice idea, I'm interested in reading some of the stories
Old 04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I think you should develop an individual storyline for Zone, unrelated to both Graal2001 and Graal Kingdoms. It is quite hard to move stories forward on servers when they've got additional servers that rely on them as a backstory.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Graal Administration
Yes it can be too restricting. Will be more fun if everyone has the freedom to invent some cool stuff, like speak about a rebellion some hundred of years ago led by his anchestors which ended the tyranny on alpha planet.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Chalk one up to me!
bahamutstevetff will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..... NO JUST KIDDING!

i think each planet should have a background to it, i think this would be easier if they where given names, "Born on planet Deathmatch" for example, isnt right.

ive noticed that as zones gotten older, the weapons have changed a lot and the games become less skill based, so a kind of "The might of one warrior is history, and higher technology dominates the battlefielf" area for the story would be nice.

"As the Mighty warriors slowly succumbed to time, there greater skill overshadowed by the prolific knowlage of the revered alien scientist of the Oozaru clan, The Oozaru clan took their might weapons to the uninhabited planet of iricia, where they set up bases and quickly established their technological superiority by obliterating the planet known as alpha. The Hayashi Clan, who have dominated the universe for centuries with their army of puissant warriors and indomitable skill, took note of the growing animosity and power of the Oozaru Clan and set out on a mission to silence them.
A Great battle ensued over many years through out the universe, but showed the might of the hayashi clan was slowly proving to be no match for the Oozarus ingenuity.
One by one, the greatest warriors of thier time fell in battle; the trademark appirces of the Hayashi clan, weilded by superior skill, where no match for the ultimate destructive arms created by the greatest scientist in relevent history.
Hitherto, the Hayashi forces fought with all their might and power but eventually it would come to be that the clan dies out, and a tyrannous rule of greater technology began. However, few survivors of the Hayashi clan lived on, to form a rebbelion and stay true to the former way of the warriors, losses of such great warriors such as Storm, FireBox, Jin and Siwin left a gaping hole in every true soldiers heart.
The spirit of hayashi lived on, and rebellions where formed, former fighters came out of the darkness of the technological oppression, which was being spearheaded by daniel and his minions. (sorry dan, but since your the new boss, lets make you a figurehead in the story) Warriors such as Bahamut, Tenchry and Bigtime came foward, and raised a resistance army on each planet, their main forces sent to the origional warzone on the arctic planet Iricia, where the rebel faction Storm Riders (named in memory of a fallen legend) fought constantly against the tyrants known as the Sweep fleet, and this war still wages on....will you join it?"

its not perfect, but i actually enjoyed righting it, i think this sort of storyline would be good for zone because it actually kinda reflects the true history of zone. :P
Old 04-24-2009, 01:09 AM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
There should be a huge map strictly for single player things, like a futuristic city (like Era's naub map except futuristic) and you can enter buildings and try and kill a mass of aliens, they could be spar bots with alien attire.

Basically missions and "quests" like on other servers.

And finally, staff realize we need something new on Zone because the average playercount is 3...
Old 04-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Chalk one up to me!
Send a message via MSN to bahamutstevetff Send a message via Yahoo to bahamutstevetff
Deathmatch could be a planet owned taken forcefully by the new tyrant ruler, to force rebels to take part in bloodsports as punishment and high-class entertainmant -little extra snipper of info added to my storyline
Old 04-24-2009, 01:28 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
What are the races (of aliens) on Zone? Storm Rider and Sweep Fleet don't exactly sound like breeds of aliens, maybe try renaming them.
Replace Hayashi with Xanadu, just because its more widely known.
Zone hardly sees more then 10 players these days.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
I support Steve's idea. and I'm gonna contribute some things to it.

We can also more or less explain the origin/planet of each race we have on zone already (the races in the outfit terminal hehe)

like, Green Aliens, the Revo race, was born in the planet known as Wild Cross, a planet with alot of vegetation and secret bunkers. etcetc.

Red Aliens, the Tenchry race, habitants of the planet KOTH. a planet with lava rivers... and open space?o.o'.

and of course, different races could join any clan. =P
Old 04-24-2009, 01:40 AM
Chalk one up to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
What are the races (of aliens) on Zone? Storm Rider and Sweep Fleet don't exactly sound like breeds of aliens, maybe try renaming them.
Replace Hayashi with Xanadu, just because its more widely known.
Zone hardly sees more then 10 players these days.
in my story, storm riders and ect where names given to factions of fighters in the rebellion. Hayashi stays because hayashis role in my story is history, and better yet, truthful history, most of my storly line fits in with zones actual player related history, which is why i said it.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:15 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamutstevetff View Post
Deathmatch could be a planet owned taken forcefully by the new tyrant ruler, to force rebels to take part in bloodsports as punishment and high-class entertainmant -little extra snipper of info added to my storyline
Deathmatch could be a small moon owned by the bigger organization and used for gladiatorial tournaments
Old 04-24-2009, 02:32 AM
Chalk one up to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Deathmatch could be a small moon owned by the bigger organization and used for gladiatorial tournaments
that was kind of what i said worded differently.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:34 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Why does it need to be the playhouse of tyrants punishing rebels? Have you never watched wrestling?