Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 05:42 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
This one still isn't fixed.
When I drag the playerlist over my window this happens
This problem has already been addressed by Stefan as a Windows problem rather than a Graal problem and could only be fixed by putting the player list in a separate thread but that would be a pain in the arse. This kind of effect only occurs on pre-vista Windows clients since Vista and beyond cache window's image to prevent that effect.

Read through this entire thread so you are up-to-date
Old 01-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
But why does it work fine in the older/current version?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
and could you add a "warpto" button on the playerlist? (The ones we have on the old playerlist)
I'd really appreciate that because I always use that function.
If you login to the login 2 server you'll get the updated playerlist which has a warpto button.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
But why does it work fine in the older/current version?
Current uses a coded external playerlist, while the new version uses a scripted(GS2) playerlist.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:28 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Current uses a coded external playerlist, while the new version uses a scripted(GS2) playerlist.
Can't they just like copy the external one from the old version, and allow you to choose between scripted(GS2), and external?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:32 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
Can't they just like copy the external one from the old version, and allow you to choose between scripted(GS2), and external?
He's doing away with all that. It's to make the client more compatible between the platforms, as Windows is currently the only client that still uses coded playerlist and such.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 01-24-2010 at 07:53 PM..
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
He's doing away with all that.
i just hope i can disable HTML on the new one. i hate having people sending me images of mutilated genitals and other malicious HTML coding inside the PM box
Old 01-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
i just hope i can disable HTML on the new one. i hate having people sending me images of mutilated genitals and other malicious HTML coding inside the PM box
Check the playerlist on login2. Should already be a way to disable HTML.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated View Post
They should, but probably won't. Stefan has avoided discussing it, probably because he knows no one likes the new playerlist compared to the v5 dockable one.

Quote:
He's doing away with all that. It's to make the client more compatible between the platforms, as Windows is currently the only client that still uses coded playerlist and such.
I don't think it's so much for "leveling the playing field" between platforms, or even to make the clients match. It seems to me to be more about getting rid of the Delphi windows with scripted ones that can be modified from the Login server... which seems totally pointless given the removal of so much functionality this brings.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:04 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
and could you add a "warpto" button on the playerlist? (The ones we have on the old playerlist)
I'd really appreciate that because I always use that function.
Please read the first post about getting the most updated playerlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
They should, but probably won't. Stefan has avoided discussing it, probably because he knows no one likes the new playerlist compared to the v5 dockable one.
That's not necessarily true. The new playerlist on login 2 isn't really that bad.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-24-2010, 09:13 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
That's not necessarily true. The new playerlist on login 2 isn't really that bad.
It's not better than the external one we currently have on v5 though, imo.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
It's not better than the external one we currently have on v5 though, imo.
I hate the external playerlist. If all of it was external, it would be fine. But having the list be external, but the PM windows not be external... that's just annoying.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:51 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I hate the external playerlist. If all of it was external, it would be fine. But having the list be external, but the PM windows not be external... that's just annoying.
Which is why I posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono
If changing the FPS around isn't possible then atleast keep the option to use the external playerlist window we've got now on v5 and re-add the external PM windows from v2/v4 on the Windows client. :|
Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned?
zephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to allzephirot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to zephirot Send a message via MSN to zephirot
I'd love if you guys used Rage's GIM (I think it was the name?), twas cool as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Can you just shut up ?
MAGA
MFGA
MEGA
Old 01-24-2010, 10:16 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't dock on the side of the screen, which makes it an unbearable downgrade for those who used the feature.

Tags
graal v6, windows