Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
banning certain items in events

there are way too many items and weapons that are forbidden in events. it's extremely annoying to have to go over these lists of things before I start an event. not only is it annoying on my part, but I'm sure players don't want to sit there and have to wait until I'm done explaining before they can play the event. it would be nice if I could just gather people, start the event, and not have to worry about players using these items.

if they use an illegal weapon, and I kick them, they complain I didn't explain the rules. if I explain the rules and happen to forget about a certain item, the player will use it and I'll kick them but then they will complain that I didn't say it was illegal. I lose either way.

I'm suggesting that someone make a weapon npc that disallows players to use certain items and weapons if they're in event levels. there are certain checks in certain weapons (like p4s and stuff) that don't allow them in events, but that's very sloppy.

with this system there will be a lot less people complaining about disadvantages in events, and it makes it easier for ETs to host and not worry about having to kick people who use these items.

ty
Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
there are way too many items and weapons that are forbidden in events. it's extremely annoying to have to go over these lists of things before I start an event. not only is it annoying on my part, but I'm sure players don't want to sit there and have to wait until I'm done explaining before they can play the event. it would be nice if I could just gather people, start the event, and not have to worry about players using these items.

if they use an illegal weapon, and I kick them, they complain I didn't explain the rules. if I explain the rules and happen to forget about a certain item, the player will use it and I'll kick them but then they will complain that I didn't say it was illegal. I lose either way.

I'm suggesting that someone make a weapon npc that disallows players to use certain items and weapons if they're in event levels. there are certain checks in certain weapons (like p4s and stuff) that don't allow them in events, but that's very sloppy.

with this system there will be a lot less people complaining about disadvantages in events, and it makes it easier for ETs to host and not worry about having to kick people who use these items.

ty
I think the system checks for an this.isEventDisabled variable or something similar, I'll go through and add it to all the weapons that should be disabled
Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I think the system checks for an this.isEventDisabled variable or something similar, I'll go through and add it to all the weapons that should be disabled

Pretty sloppy to have to edit each weapon individually to add the same line of code to all of them, not to mention not very efficient. You would do better to run the checks in the weapon-wielding system itself (and/or the item-using system for non-weapon items), rather than each weapon individually. Make an array of the items that cannot be used there and make it so the player can't wield certain weapons or use certain items while in the event levels.

Also makes it easier to re-allow these weapons/items in the future if you guys ever decide to lift the "ban," since all you would have to do is remove the names from the array.