Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2003, 05:45 AM
Dead
Locke_boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Locke_boy Send a message via AIM to Locke_boy
Post RPing and PKing don't mix.

Thanatos, Selzar, even Boukon himself. All PKers. Selzar and Thanatos seem to be out for my blood, and Boukon .. well, he killed me, but now he doesn't, but I know he PKs just the same. Firstly, I'd like to say that the Samurai kingdom has been crap since Boukon became the leader. If anyone would like to contest that, go ahead .. but outwardly, I have seen only bad things.

What I'd like to know is why a kingdom leader would even let such fools into his kingdom. Thanatos and Selzar are both known for being .. well .. themselves. Why would any good kingdom leader let them in his kingdom? I don't see any logic here, folks.

I figure that each kingdom needs a leader who will impose strict RPing rules, and should these rules be broken, that the player in question be punished or discharged. I don't know what the funk is going on with Forest anymore, but I haven't had much troubles from them .. Pirates haven't been a problem .. some Zormites .. eh. Dustari isn't perfect, I know, but I'm there, and most people actually use their brains. Samurai, now, I don't need to get into that.

RPing in kingdoms should be nothing short of MANDATORY. If you don't want to RP, don't join a kingdom, and stay on peaceful. I know I may seem like I'm complaining .. heh, well I am .. but I'm just trying to make this game better for the future.

My proposal .. remove Boukon as the leader, and put in power a leader who will enforce strict RPing rules, including NO unnecessary PKing. :: coughs :: I'd say to let me be the leader, but I know that won't happen (I don't know WHAT the requirements are, but sometimes it just seems like you have to be a huge ***** to become high-ranked in a kingdom) .. even though I'm quite sure I could do a good job. Just put someone .. eh. You know what I'll say. Forest .. well, they have a history of recruiting people with no RPing skills .. which shows. Zormite has its problems too, but I know that Zen is a very competent leader. Dustari .. Tseng and Huru are both intelligent people, they know what they're doing. Whose the King, anyway? I don't know. He's never there. Pirates seem okay .. although I don't usually seem to see Pirates around. Odd.

This server was obviously meant to be a MMORPG. Let's look at what those words mean ..

MASSIVELY - Okay, it's a massive server, got it.
MULTIPLAYER - Lots of people, obvious.
ONLINE - How else?
ROLE-PLAYING - Hmm .. now that's something that NO ONE DOES.
GAME - Games are meant to be fun, and this game is meant to be fun through RPing.

Look .. someone fix this kingdoms situation ..
Old 02-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Rahz was an idiot too. I tried to talk to him on debug about kingdom affairs and he lashed out on me. Computer froze so I never saved the history. x.x I hate stupid people. I think boukon is a stupid person. Remove him? :O
Old 02-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Dead
Quote:
Originally posted by zell12
Rahz was an idiot too. I tried to talk to him on debug about kingdom affairs and he lashed out on me. Computer froze so I never saved the history. x.x I hate stupid people. I think boukon is a stupid person. Remove him? :O
I wouldn't say Rahz was a stupid person .. I was close to him, and he is pretty intelligent, but he didn't always do the right thing.. and it seems he can be sort of moody sometimes .. :|
Old 02-24-2003, 10:46 PM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Re: RPing and PKing don't mix.

Quote:
Originally posted by Locke_boy
Dustari .. Tseng and Huru are both intelligent people, they know what they're doing. Whose the King, anyway? I don't know. He's never there.
Me. Though as of late I've been on vacation, and catching up on my schoolwork, so I'm not on half as much as I should be, but Tseng is competent and knows how I like things to be run and how they should be done, so things are in good hands till I'm back on a frequent basis again.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Dead
Re: Re: RPing and PKing don't mix.

Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

Me. Though as of late I've been on vacation, and catching up on my schoolwork, so I'm not on half as much as I should be, but Tseng is competent and knows how I like things to be run and how they should be done, so things are in good hands till I'm back on a frequent basis again.
Yeah, I remember now, heh .. in the time I've been in Dustari, I saw you on once .. but I know real life can be "hectic", so I don't mind your absence.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:00 AM
I'm the Yankee Boy!
MKSLAYER is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MKSLAYER Send a message via MSN to MKSLAYER Send a message via Yahoo to MKSLAYER
If samurai would get a new leader it would be some one thats in it may'aps me cause jin left and im the only senior member left . if some high rank n**b gets it then you can expect a mighty uproar from me. Rahz and Boukon are both my close friends but not if they apply some n**b high up *cough*a lot of princes*cough* while im stuck in a monk rank. personaly its badly planned out :-/. think about it. level heh so what. i've been in the kingdom longest out of 98% of people in samurai (or in the 90's). Im a monk! i dont have a problem with the rank but

1) I was the first person to take to be Rahz's heir after Yashin
2) I am one of the leading seniors and one of the few to RP
3) To actually go with RP idea's not stupid ones
4) Not to randomly PK people to death because they walked in front of me
5) I am not a power gamer but an elite NICE person (if people are nice to me)

kk there it is im not proposing anything but i must say our kingdom is becoming unorganized. not only that but how can i drop from royal gaurd captin to a friggen monk?!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:41 AM
"Businessman" of Zormite
Kaiser2 is on a distinguished road
Actually, according to RP rules, if the PKer is off tag, and kills someone, it is alright, the leader of the kingdom has no control over the person then, and the peron isn't even *in chracter*.
Personlly, I think it should be changed that you can't be PKed on tag, because it's basically "ono, I tripped and died." and there is no RPing in that.

*Lance: Jenn: you're the biggest fool tseng
*Lance: Jenn: because you're trying to create order in a place of chaos
Jagen: create order is a gk spell?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:40 AM
Dead
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser2
Actually, according to RP rules, if the PKer is off tag, and kills someone, it is alright, the leader of the kingdom has no control over the person then, and the peron isn't even *in chracter*.
Personlly, I think it should be changed that you can't be PKed on tag, because it's basically "ono, I tripped and died." and there is no RPing in that.
The RP rules also say you can't go off-tag and PK on-tag players. :: coughs extremely loud ::
Old 02-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Banned
Selzar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Selzar Send a message via Yahoo to Selzar
Shut up Locke,
I am pking you because Im on battle mode, and your not allied.
Stop complaining if we were allied I woudn't touch you or be able to.
And besides , I hate you, another reason why I kill you.
When I PK sometimes I roleplay,sometimes I don't.
And I have been in Samurai for a while.
I don't like that we have thanatos here.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:27 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Selzar
Shut up Locke,
Is he listed under "Enemy"?

If not, it's not usually smart to attack someone who is neutral.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
2k2 isn't ever going to be a center for RPing... get over it.

All you do on 2k2 is gain levels and kill people. I dont see why people play 2k2 really =x
Old 02-25-2003, 05:37 PM
Dead
Quote:
Originally posted by Zurkiba
2k2 isn't ever going to be a center for RPing... get over it.

All you do on 2k2 is gain levels and kill people. I dont see why people play 2k2 really =x
That's nothing more than your opinion. All that's needed are stricter kingdom leaders..
Old 02-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Dead
Quote:
Originally posted by Selzar
Shut up Locke,
You attack me when I am on-tag. Not allowed.

As far as I've seen, you've NEVER RPed. A good example of your non-RPing was anU's event with the RoAM.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Banned
Kinatt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kinatt Send a message via Yahoo to Kinatt
I disagree zurkiba its all about rules and regulations, however there are few and leadership is poor for the most part.. badly organized and horribly laid out by the players.. I think if there was another vote for kingdom leaders and a democratic way to do it, it would be fine. Or have a way to vote out people in your guild maybe including the king. That way the leader can't be idiotic and be fine. I think if RPing were DRASTICALLY forced it would work however that is up to the kingdom itself, Forest does it, dustari does it, Zormite.. 1/2 way does it, Crescent pirates I HAVE NO IDEA, and samurai completely avoids the subject.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally posted by Kinatt
I disagree zurkiba its all about rules and regulations, however there are few and leadership is poor for the most part.. badly organized and horribly laid out by the players.. I think if there was another vote for kingdom leaders and a democratic way to do it, it would be fine. Or have a way to vote out people in your guild maybe including the king. That way the leader can't be idiotic and be fine. I think if RPing were DRASTICALLY forced it would work however that is up to the kingdom itself, Forest does it, dustari does it, Zormite.. 1/2 way does it, Crescent pirates I HAVE NO IDEA, and samurai completely avoids the subject.
2k1 RPing is better than 2k2 RPing because 2k2 RPing is what the King wants to do.

2k1 RPing is what the players want to do.