Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
"Listen" GUI

As I'm sure most of you know the /listen command needs an overhaul. I'm personally tired of killing something with a lightning wall and getting repeatedly spammed with "you fry so and so". I figure a GUI menu with checkboxes marking things you WANT to hear, as opposed to stuff you could really care less about.

Things such as, monster killing someone, player killing someone, you hitting someone, your summons hitting someone/something, etc. It'd just reduce a lot of lag when it comes to doing a map, pking, training or using dests in the HH.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 AM
vidar is on a distinguished road
agrees 100% dam thorns causes a lot of spam and in turn causes lag massively
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Sounds good, I'm not even sure if the different levels of verboseness are documented.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Good suggestion, i even hotkeyed '/clear' because of how much lag i get when i'm using walls or have high verbose.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Nature2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Nature2 Send a message via AIM to Nature2 Send a message via MSN to Nature2 Send a message via Yahoo to Nature2
Very good idea!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:22 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Good suggestion, i even hotkeyed '/clear' because of how much lag i get when i'm using walls or have high verbose.
Lol, I made my "/clear" hotkeyed to D.

But, yea this would be a perfect idea!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I only imagine that this would be a pretty exhausting list. Right now I imagine they have a predefined few levels(what is it, 0-20?) of /listen. That means all they have to do for commands is a simple check: if (clientr.verbose > x) sendMsg();
However, if there is nearly an option for every command, that's a lot of work for the scripters AND players. Probably the most ideal case for players would be an option to load the options of the current listens and just work from there. Case remains for staff though -- that's a hell of a lot of options to keep track of.

Still a good idea, I'm sure.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I only imagine that this would be a pretty exhausting list. Right now I imagine they have a predefined few levels(what is it, 0-20?) of /listen. That means all they have to do for commands is a simple check: if (clientr.verbose > x) sendMsg();
However, if there is nearly an option for every command, that's a lot of work for the scripters AND players. Probably the most ideal case for players would be an option to load the options of the current listens and just work from there. Case remains for staff though -- that's a hell of a lot of options to keep track of.

Still a good idea, I'm sure.
I think Nullify was suggesting groupings, apposed to 'an option of nearly every command'. Some groups I've thought about could be:
Monster Spawning/Item Creation, or simply Creation - would only apply to some staff e.g. EM's, Dev's;
Damage Caused, like when you zap someone with lightning wall or your burn someone with your flaming sword also when it's done to you. Includes dmg caused from status effects e.g. you make x convulse and throw up);
Status Effects, when you poison/blind etc or receive it
Old 02-17-2010, 08:09 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Well, one of the problems is that a lot of those "you fry blank" messages are controlled by the mudlib and will have to be changed by Stefan. We could do it eventually but it will require rescripting all of those messages into GScript2.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 02-24-2010, 11:34 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
We could do it eventually
Tig- getting sht done.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:18 PM
vidar is on a distinguished road
haha woot woot that crap drive me crazy haha
Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 AM
HelpingAtStuff is on a distinguished road
Agreed.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I'd love to see this happen. /listen ### never really gets rid of the most annoying messages, like when you're shopping for stuff or killing things, and so on.