Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2003, 05:48 AM
TerrorBite is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Balance LOL

hmmm well all I can say is if you are a new guy and don't have mythril armor, high shield of deflection, guantlet of marksmanship, and helmet of might or sorig... well just don't even think about being powerful LOL. I just want to thank all those alchemists for making these items possible... I am so glad that they made items that are greater than anything else in the game and... what for? almost nothing! WOW! Anyways I want to thank them for making dishonor the way of life in graal, and for making a game that was great for me... well not fun at all.

Why do you ask? Simple... what is the point? If I made it to level 17 (currently highest level person I have seen) I would still be an easy kill for a person at equal level if I did not have the alchemy items that were created. ^.^ anyways don't expect Chibi TerrorBite ^.^ or in samurai Chibikko Taitesu to be on graal much until something is done about this... since well... there is... no point in playing! ^.^

anyways as for the suggestion!

Very Simple! remove the cheated items, the players knew they were cheated since they don't even show up! So they paid high prices for some of them and would get mad... but at least sparring would be a reality and events would be enjoyable! Sparring... ahh the only thing I looked forward to in 2k2 after leveling up a bit... then BAM! lookie here someone has armor that makes them super fast and a shield that makes their ac so low that you might as well be using a wooden stick!

Ok enough for my argument... I'll check back everynow and then, but I woudln't recommend this game to anyone until it is balanced ^.^. just no point in playing ^.^

Sayonara ^.^
Old 01-31-2003, 05:54 AM
Banned
Rax is on a distinguished road
Re: Balance LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by TerrorBite
hmmm well all I can say is if you are a new guy and don't have mythril armor, high shield of deflection, guantlet of marksmanship, and helmet of might or sorig... well just don't even think about being powerful LOL. I just want to thank all those alchemists for making these items possible... I am so glad that they made items that are greater than anything else in the game and... what for? almost nothing! WOW! Anyways I want to thank them for making dishonor the way of life in graal, and for making a game that was great for me... well not fun at all.

Why do you ask? Simple... what is the point? If I made it to level 17 (currently highest level person I have seen) I would still be an easy kill for a person at equal level if I did not have the alchemy items that were created. ^.^ anyways don't expect Chibi TerrorBite ^.^ or in samurai Chibikko Taitesu to be on graal much until something is done about this... since well... there is... no point in playing! ^.^

Very Simple! remove the cheated items, the players knew they were cheated since they don't even show up! So they paid high prices for some of them and would get mad... but at least sparring would be a reality and events would be enjoyable! Sparring... ahh the only thing I looked forward to in 2k2 after leveling up a bit... then BAM! lookie here someone has armor that makes them super fast and a shield that makes their ac so low that you might as well be using a wooden stick!

Ok enough for my argument... I'll check back everynow and then, but I woudln't recommend this game to anyone until it is balanced ^.^. just no point in playing ^.^

Sayonara ^.^
ahaha you cant remove it because not everyone alchemyized to get these and it was legal to do it back then and If you remove all of them the people that payed alot for it will be pissed off too.Just make a shop that sells only recipes but at high price for these armours and weapons and make the shop sell all the ingredients needed to make them too
Old 01-31-2003, 06:15 AM
Freelance Web Designer
JrTerrorist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JrTerrorist Send a message via MSN to JrTerrorist
Bye Chibi..

Yes, I'm really Arcadius Canavi.
Games I Play: CS, CS:CZ, CS:S, DoD, HL2, Halo2, World of Warcraft, NS
Games I used to Play: SWG, L2, EQ, FFXI, MoH:AA, BF1942
www.gamersmark.com > you.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:18 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Does it really matter? Isn't the server going to be reset when it's completed?
Old 01-31-2003, 06:35 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Removing the alchem'd won't help. You'll still get massacred by General Thanatos with his Naginata of 7 IWDs, who can be on any kingdom he wants no matter how dishonorable he is because he has 7 IWDs

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 01-31-2003, 07:40 AM
Freelance Web Designer
JrTerrorist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JrTerrorist Send a message via MSN to JrTerrorist
Theres gonna be a reset?!

Yes, I'm really Arcadius Canavi.
Games I Play: CS, CS:CZ, CS:S, DoD, HL2, Halo2, World of Warcraft, NS
Games I used to Play: SWG, L2, EQ, FFXI, MoH:AA, BF1942
www.gamersmark.com > you.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:35 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by JrTerrorist
Theres gonna be a reset?!
when 2k2 is complete they will make another server that has the completed version on it I think
Old 01-31-2003, 08:40 AM
Psionic Youth
You can't reset, because people worked hard for their stats. You can't take away power, because people worked hard for their power. You can't cheapen stuff, because then it sucks to have paid full price. You can't let it stay the way it is, because then newbies will be Forever Screwed.

Sol'n - Inferno swords were a good start. Make quests for alchem-style weaponry. Can't be improved, doesn't need to be improved - does the same damage as a +9 +3 IWDs. Those with 6 IWDed nagis won't care - in fact, they'll likely complain that time is wasted on stuff that doesn't help them - but it'll be a stepping stone for those of us who can't afford superrare superexpensive scrolls of improvement, or squandered our money on The Unimplimented....

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck

Old 01-31-2003, 11:49 PM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyhm
Removing the alchem'd won't help. You'll still get massacred by General Thanatos with his Naginata of 7 IWDs, who can be on any kingdom he wants no matter how dishonorable he is because he has 7 IWDs
That pretty much describes the entire server

Physical power.

Then the irony is that they try to balance out the game by adding more things requiring physical power.
Old 02-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Psionic Youth
We may need more big things to entertain the eldar, but we really need more small and medium things to bridge the gap for the newbies. It's not half fair that the eldar got where they were through features that no longer exist - random alchemy, high experience bonuses from tough monsters, bonus experience for killing a levelled monster...

Old 02-01-2003, 06:45 AM
Banned
Make quest that only newbies can do like a quest room only people from level 1-5 can enter and after u do quest you get like a random ingredient that dont exist yet for alchemy and people with recipes that need some thing like xao's wing would pay newbs big bucks to get those for them but the quest needs to be pretty hard and you can only do it like once per 5 hours or so
Old 02-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Foxy
Butz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Butz
Quote:
Originally posted by Rax
Make quest that only newbies can do like a quest room only people from level 1-5 can enter and after u do quest you get like a random ingredient that dont exist yet for alchemy and people with recipes that need some thing like xao's wing would pay newbs big bucks to get those for them but the quest needs to be pretty hard and you can only do it like once per 5 hours or so
People would lower their level in order to do it if they really wanted to.

FoxKelfonne @ DeviantART(updated: Dec 14, 2010)
Many Thanks to konidias for my avatar

Shawn Kelfonne - Aegis Mage of Dustari
Old 02-01-2003, 06:56 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Butz

People would lower their level in order to do it if they really wanted to.
good then we would have more weak people then and the quest is pretty hard so u need a few low level to go with you and u can only do it once per 5 hours anyways so :]
Old 02-01-2003, 11:32 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
The only thing/fighting/roleplaying that takes skill and teamwork on the server is naval warfare
Old 02-01-2003, 11:37 PM
graaliholic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to graaliholic
Re: Balance LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by TerrorBite

Another friend gone...

Anyway, idea will probably get shot down, but just add every item that is unique (alchemy, event prizes, etc) and make them into difficult quests, so other people and new players have a chance of keeping up with the older players or if they miss events or if they can't spar well, as thats what 98% of events are based on. Its not fair when someone has -20 AC and -5 WC with 25+ in a few stats because of these items, with everyone else left far behind, with no chance of EVER catching up.

Quote:
From an Instant Message Conversation
ChrisTheDuckMan: wts
ChrisTheDuckMan: you > me
Justin: pwned bish! ;-)
ChrisTheDuckMan: atfu