Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2014, 03:58 AM
Participant
BrentWood can only hope to improve
Send a message via Yahoo to BrentWood
Gang Admin...?

Just wanted to get some of you're opinions on Seth the current gang admin. I personally have some thoughts of my own, but I think I will save them after reading some of the other comments. I'd like something to smile or laugh about before I deliver my message/thoughts.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:02 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
best gang admin ever
Old 05-31-2014, 04:07 AM
Participant
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
best gang admin ever
lols @ "best"
Old 05-31-2014, 06:07 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
In my opinion; he hasn't really done anything but moderate the position. When I was up in there **** was getting done daily, not matter how small; ideas would always come directly from players messages/pms and go right back to the players within a matter of days. It didn't always work, I probably argued over more ideas on these forums and scrapped them than things you'd actually see. But trying never hurt nobody.

I've even spoon-fed him some pretty big deal stuff in recent memory and nothing really came of it. I get he might not have the same development ability/connections of others like JEM/Myself at the position, but hell he's more active than we ever were. Feels to me likes he's treating it as a real job (not a freelance development platform/video game) and he doesn't want to make a mistake or something. He shied away from even small changes like gun stuff last I talked to him.

Just my opinion though -- what's this thread about anyway? He hurt your fanny and you want him ousted or something?

tl;dr 6/10 on SM, hasn't royally screwed anything yet.. but hasn't tried to either.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:36 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Gang Bangmin
Old 05-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Participant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
In my opinion; he hasn't really done anything but moderate the position. When I was up in there **** was getting done daily, not matter how small; ideas would always come directly from players messages/pms and go right back to the players within a matter of days. It didn't always work, I probably argued over more ideas on these forums and scrapped them than things you'd actually see. But trying never hurt nobody.
To be honest, I'm not here to bash or antagonize him. I just wanted to get ideal of everyone's perspective on him. I honestly think he could do a better job; but I don't think he his doing a horrible job. He seems like he's at a stand-still. Its funny to me that he begged to get the job, and now he's not doing anything differently. Essentially the gang(s) have been the same since when he took the position. I'd give him a 4/10, since he recently has been inactive.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:37 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Seth's not a bad guy but he hasn't done anything because he doesn't know how to. He's not even active either.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:04 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
i don't play much but if he begged to be it like you said, and he hasn't done anything like you guys have been saying, then he probably did it for dat power. not saying he is abusive, because i haven't heard anything about that from him. just someone that likes having the benefits without having to do much work.

or he is just a planner and doesn't want to rush anything. he seems like a perfectionist.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:08 AM
BigMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought Sales is jailed
Old 06-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
He'll ease into it, hopefully.

I remember when Rogue was given his first shot at GBA, he did what he could and learnt a lot over time, give the kid a chance to shine, he will come out of the shell soon.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Participant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
He'll ease into it, hopefully.

I remember when Rogue was given his first shot at GBA, he did what he could and learnt a lot over time, give the kid a chance to shine, he will come out of the shell soon.
I guess you're partially right. I can't help to think about this when Seth comes to mind though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsel View Post
I've been positions like GBA before, where instead of doing visible work that people say "oh wow, he made ____," I was doing things constantly behind the scenes. It was always "This broke, fix it" or "This guy went inactive, replace him as leader." That's the kind of position management is in, and it gives everyone an automatic bad reputation when all you do is keep things normal (and never get to give that new thing).
Old 06-02-2014, 02:51 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentWood View Post
I guess you're partially right.
I might be mistaken but I don't think he has ever held a viable Staff Position to begin with. He is a fresh cab off the ranks trying to do everything right, he will learn to take risks to get big rewards soon enough. I'm sure he could turn to anyone on the Staff Team or even old Staff like Rogue for help if he needed it (with development etc).
Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 AM
lTBSl will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lTBSl Send a message via MSN to lTBSl
You're all right Seth has no development abilities what so ever and from what Seth said is that when he presented Ideas to management they got shut down...Thats his words, not mine. Gang Admin to me is sort of a filler position you really dont need one, general admins can fill that role. Gangs can run themselves and you should just have a gang committee that meets every week and gathers ideas and presents them to administration.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lTBSl View Post
You're all right Seth has no development abilities what so ever and from what Seth said is that when he presented Ideas to management they got shut down...Thats his words, not mine. Gang Admin to me is sort of a filler position you really dont need one, general admins can fill that role. Gangs can run themselves and you should just have a gang committee that meets every week and gathers ideas and presents them to administration.
You also need to hold weekly PTA meetings, education is important.