Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 PM
dragonfire08 is an unknown quantity at this point
not sure why graal lags for me crono, heres my specs

windows 7 ultimate x64 service pack 1
ati radeon hd 5770 pcie 2.0 gfx w/ amd 12.11 beta 4 driver installed
amd phenom II x6 2.8ghz cpu

not sure of my exact RAM and HD names/specs but i know theyre fine because i've ran test programs for them. i can currently run modern warfare 3, dishonored and rage on full graphics settings with vsync off, sometimes i need toturn shadows off too but i always achieve frames in the 100s with these games. graal shouldnt lag for me lol my computer is in nice shape.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire08 View Post
found another bug. when having the "external" playerlist open in v6 in directx mode you cannot "dock" the playerlist without losing the "x" out button on the playerlist. hitting f7 again will undock it and give you the "x" out button back though
You can drag the window away from the border to undock it.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:56 PM
u misunderstand me mr knorr
Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire08 View Post
not sure why graal lags for me crono, heres my specs

windows 7 ultimate x64 service pack 1
ati radeon hd 5770 pcie 2.0 gfx w/ amd 12.11 beta 4 driver installed
amd phenom II x6 2.8ghz cpu

not sure of my exact RAM and HD names/specs but i know theyre fine because i've ran test programs for them. i can currently run modern warfare 3, dishonored and rage on full graphics settings with vsync off, sometimes i need toturn shadows off too but i always achieve frames in the 100s with these games. graal shouldnt lag for me lol my computer is in nice shape.
What kind of lag is it? Is it smooth for a while and then suddenly FPS drops, followed by smoothness again? This used to happen to my laptop and I never figured out the problem. Same exact o/s as my PC, same HD speed (5400rpm, don't ask why my main gaming PC had that), same GFX brand (nvidia at the time, now it's amd but I have no problems), and both have over 2GB of ram.

Very strange issue. :[
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I don't know if it's been addressed yet, but it's kind of annoying not being able to set or enable the fullscreen resolution there's a drop-down box for in the options menu.

I don't want to see it dropped as an option, because right now players are tiny and I can't change or enable it with the newest version.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
Forgive me for not wanting to read 108 pages to find this.... but is there a way we can use our own .wba themes on graal?

Edit: Okay - I have worked it out - neeevermind.

Last edited by Ducati_Link; 10-25-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Old 10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Put in the levels/guistyles folder and restart Graal, then it will show in the list.
The fullscreen resolution is only available with DirectX mode.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
What kind of lag is it? Is it smooth for a while and then suddenly FPS drops, followed by smoothness again? This used to happen to my laptop and I never figured out the problem. Same exact o/s as my PC, same HD speed (5400rpm, don't ask why my main gaming PC had that), same GFX brand (nvidia at the time, now it's amd but I have no problems), and both have over 2GB of ram.

Very strange issue. :[
my game runs smooth until these things happen

- if i run without having my screen move, meaning as if i had /focus on during a spar or something my lag is fine, but when my screen moves as i run my frames drop.

- the cooldown timer on zodiac causes fps drops

- hovering my mouse over a play while moving cause a fps drop

- pretty much any heavy npc/effect spam causes huge lag, like 10fps

idk man i had graal 5 running fine on a pentium 3 700mhz 192mb ram nvidia something 32 mb gfx card on windows xp pro just fine lol. youtube would never quit lagging though .
Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Something that'd be cool to try and fix is when you lock your computer with graal open, it locks up the game, so when you unlock your computer you have to restart the client. I don't know if others find this annoying but I do. It'd be cool to see it finally fixed espcially if it's just something simple.

It's genius.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Graal Administration
The playerlist and options window should work better now. It now destroys the playerlist and options window when the OpenGL/DirectX mode is switched, and it prevents wrong values of the playerlist position. In the next release we will also try fix the destruction/switching of the windows.
If the playerlist is still not showing, then close Graal and delete scriptfiles/playerlistoptions.txt to clear all the playerlist options and stored position.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Graal Administration
Anything else to fix before the official v6 release?
Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I noticed that you fixed the highlighting thing we had issues before, you go Stefan!

I don't know what the default style options are currently but you should make 'Default' the default in-game style, and vplusblue the default external style.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:28 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do it. Any other changes can be made after.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:00 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The theme FP4 posted should be the default external skin for Windows users. It will keep the players coming from v5 more happy.

Graal is not opening in the position that it previously was when re-opening it.

PM position is not saving after closing and re-opening Graal. (external)

Can't highlight the Level: text in player's profiles. (external)

Still have the weird bug where when you close external PM windows and playerlists background Windows will show instead of Graal. Like it's automatically alt-tabbing out of Graal or something.

Crono is not GM of Graal. :]]]
Attached Files
File Type: zip windows_xp.zip (499.0 KB, 522 views)
Old 11-01-2012, 04:46 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
The theme FP4 posted should be the default external skin for Windows users. It will keep the players coming from v5 more happy.
That one needs a lot of work (Scrollbar is ****ed, Weird Textbox/ComboBox Issues), I'm currently just using a modded vPlusBlue with the regular Windows buttons and tabs from the XP theme.

Not sure how many people know this or not but if you rename the wba to zip, you can go in and modify everything inside it. The lack of documentation makes it a pain and you pretty much have to brute-force different settings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vplusblue_mod.zip (215.1 KB, 526 views)

Tags
graal v6, windows