Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
I am not doing more than adding the issues to the issue tracker on GitHub, I'll see about a few of them when I have time again in a few weeks. If someone needs help with compiling it feel free to ask. The current autotools build setup is kind of terrible right now, might create a CMake file at some point.
Not sure really what to do about the slowing problem, I spent a lot of time trying to fix that already but I kind of ran out of ideas for the cause of it. Blaming it on GTK seems a bit cheap but it does look like that's the problem. I'll try to compile it with that really new GTK version at some point but it apparently has a lot of issues on Windows.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 07-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Well that is really nice, I tried to fix them too but then I could not because my compiler's flux capacitator was emitting too many bogons because of the solar radiation
Old 07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Maybe if he could not get it to compile on Windows he could make it compile and consider that his first contribution

Or just use, you know, Linux, much like anyone who has programmed anything useful for Graal recently

Last edited by Crono; 07-20-2010 at 02:48 PM..
Old 07-20-2010, 02:24 PM
(LAT)
Enchanted Wolf XxX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via MSN to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Wolf XxX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
fry is just too polite to tell you guys to **** off for being freeloaders.
It was Fry's choice to make it, and post it for FEEDBACK, do you know what feedback is? He's the one who posted it for everyone to use and comment on.

Last edited by Darlene159; 07-22-2010 at 05:16 AM.. Reason: Refrain from calling other members names.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Alright settle down kiddies.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Okay hopefully this version fixes the layer editing/selection issues.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Fry coming through in the clutch
Old 07-21-2010, 11:48 PM
(LAT)
Send a message via AIM to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via MSN to Enchanted Wolf XxX Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Wolf XxX
How do you update it? I uninstalled, reinstalled with your link and it still shows 0.2.1
Old 07-22-2010, 01:05 PM
You just need to run the new installer, I just forgot to update the version for the editor, sorry.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:27 PM
(LAT)
Oh, okay.

It's still 0.2.1
Old 07-22-2010, 05:51 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf XxX View Post
It was Fry's choice to make it, and post it for FEEDBACK, do you know what feedback is? He's the one who posted it for everyone to use and comment on.
It's not like Loriel didn't work on it..
Old 07-23-2010, 05:21 AM
(LAT)
Just not workin for me, I don't wanna stir anything up.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Wolf XxX View Post
Just not workin for me, I don't wanna stir anything up.
what fry is saying is that in the newest version, the version number is wrong but the code should be right

if you installed the newest version and it still does the thing that fry said it fixed i guess something ~*else*~ is wrong and you should tell us

but do not tell us that the version number is wrong
Old 07-29-2010, 02:20 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Having trouble compiling Gonstruct on Linux. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with all of the dependencies installed on my system. Does anyone know the source of the problem and hopefully how to solve it?

Here is the error I receive from the terminal after using the make command:

PHP Code:
felixlionheart@ubuntu-desktop:~/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8make
[  7%] Built target core
10%] Building CXX object src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/GLArea.cpp.o
In file included from 
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.cpp:1:
/
home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:3:19errorgtkmm.hNo such file or directory
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:4:29errorgtkgl/gtkglarea.hNo such file or directory
In file included from 
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.cpp:1:
/
home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:6error‘Gtk’ has not been declared
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:6errorexpected ‘{’ before ‘EventBox’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:6errorinvalid type in declaration before ‘{’ token
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:6warningextended initializer lists only available with -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:7errorexpected primary-expression before ‘public’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:7errorexpected ‘}’ before ‘public’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:7errorexpected ‘,’ or ;’ before ‘public’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:9errorexpected unqualified-id before ‘int’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:9errorexpected ‘)’ before ‘int’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:10errordeclaration of ‘~GLArea’ as non-member
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:13error‘virtual’ outside class declaration
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:14error‘virtual’ outside class declaration
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:14error‘GdkEventExpose’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:14error‘event’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:14errorexpected ‘,’ or ;’ before ‘{’ token
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:15error‘virtual’ outside class declaration
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:15error‘GdkEventConfigure’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:15error‘event’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:15errorexpected ‘,’ or ;’ before ‘{’ token
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:22errorexpected unqualified-id before ‘private’
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:28error‘GdkEventExpose’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:28error‘event’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:29error‘GdkEventConfigure’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:29error‘event’ was not declared in this scope
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:30errorexpected declaration before ‘}’ token
make
[2]: *** [src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/GLArea.cpp.oError 1
make
[1]: *** [src/level_editor/CMakeFiles/gonstruct.dir/allError 2
make
: *** [allError 2
felixlionheart
@ubuntu-desktop:~/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8
Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:3:19: error: gtkmm.h: No such file or directory
/home/felixlionheart/Desktop/fry-graal-gonstruct-d7a0df8/src/level_editor/GLArea.hpp:4:29: error: gtkgl/gtkglarea.h: No such file or directory
You have to install the dependencies listed inside the README file