Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2002, 10:01 PM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chronos
Haunted house/dungeon changes/general

Penalties from death (losing valuable stats) is completely stupid. I don't want to knwo who thought it up, because I would have to slap them. You want us to play on G2K2 Unix and Stefan, yet you make it statistically impossible to try to have fun and challenge yourself. You die. You become crappier. So you're stuck killing bunny rabbits anyway.

The Haunted House is good, except for the fact that there's only 1 general room you can enter unless you have a key, which has dropped from once-an-hour to once a minute. Make more rooms for fighting so players don't steal each other's kills. (Wonder why I'm asking? I lost 6 kills in a row to our friend Jurilak, the ass.)

If you made the server fun you'd get more players, and more money, and that's all that matters nowadays. Tedium and wastes of time are not a good avenue of the same purpose.
Old 09-07-2002, 10:12 PM
Crovax_Dark_Lord is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Crovax_Dark_Lord Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax_Dark_Lord
I used to love 2k2, I thought it was the best, I didn't play on any other server, but now, I have a sickly feeling in my stomach as I make the biggest descision of my life, reset (cos I lost so much stats) or keep my 28000exp (low cos I died so much) (My life revolves around Graal) Please unixmad, if you did a serverwide reset, not a full one just reseting players stats to thier origonals, or even re-releasing potions of restoration.
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45596
Old 09-07-2002, 11:21 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
If I were you I would not reset. When you die several times you don't fall back to 0, so its not too bad. You can buy the potions in the magic shops, selling stuff from killed monsters give you a lot of money. Without loosing stats dieing wouldn't give any penalty and it would be less challenging.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:33 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Nothing in stores is below 500plat. How do you expect us to buy these things? Selling mushrooms that are worth like, 7 silver coins?
And also, why not make it so that the % of damage done to a monster done by you, you keep... So that way the party can help you, but not take all the stats from the monster. But the items that drop is a problem, seeing how it would be unrealistic to give whover killed it one of the items it dropped each.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:34 PM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
I like the place but people don't let me use Burning Hands, and my only other spells are Magic Bullet (which doesn't seem to do damage anymore) and Magic Missile (which is very difficult to aim).
Old 09-07-2002, 11:41 PM
Stefan we lose 3000-4000 xp a death, losing stats isn't that big of adeal, but once you die 5 times, it really starts to hurt.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:15 AM
Universal Commie Dictator
Asuka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Asuka
Yes why don't you just lose exp and a percentage of your money instead of your stats?
Old 09-08-2002, 01:22 AM
That sounds acceptable too. You should make it 1/10th xp instead of 1/5th also. You know for a fact, Stefan, that the server isn't stable enough, and you still make us *pay* to play on an ALPHA server. We still pay, and we're getting tortured. 80% of all deaths on the game are lag. I know mine are. I'd be level 6 by now and I'd be much happier with the game I'm playing. It's not so much to ask that our accounts dont' lose 3 hours of work in a single death like we have suffered.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Banned
Pith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Chronos
That sounds acceptable too. You should make it 1/10th xp instead of 1/5th also. You know for a fact, Stefan, that the server isn't stable enough, and you still make us *pay* to play on an ALPHA server. We still pay, and we're getting tortured. 80% of all deaths on the game are lag. I know mine are. I'd be level 6 by now and I'd be much happier with the game I'm playing. It's not so much to ask that our accounts dont' lose 3 hours of work in a single death like we have suffered.
Did stefan force you to pay?
Did stefan force you to play?
Did stefan force you not to buy a better pc or get a better connection?
Did stefan force you to fight monsters?

If you dson't like it then don't play!
Old 09-08-2002, 02:17 AM
Did Stefan promise a fun exciting server?
Yes.
Did Stefan say his NPC server would crash randmoly?
No
Does Stefan compensate for this?
No.
Does Stefan force you to pay to play a server which is in Alpha (Down constantly, not even a rough draft)
Yes.
Was I told that I can be lame-killed easily and lose hours and hours of work in one lag spike, caused by the server, not my brand-new alienware computer with a T1 connection?
No.

I want compensation for having to pay and waste so much time building my character to have it be torn down by bad game mechanics.
Old 09-08-2002, 02:53 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally posted by Chronos
Did Stefan promise a fun exciting server?
Yes.
Did Stefan say his NPC server would crash randmoly?
No
Does Stefan compensate for this?
No.
Does Stefan force you to pay to play a server which is in Alpha (Down constantly, not even a rough draft)
Yes.
Was I told that I can be lame-killed easily and lose hours and hours of work in one lag spike, caused by the server, not my brand-new alienware computer with a T1 connection?
No.

I want compensation for having to pay and waste so much time building my character to have it be torn down by bad game mechanics.
If you had a T1 you wouldn't lag... I dont lag and I have DSL.

And I can solve this problem easy... dont die.

Last edited by Zurkiba; 09-08-2002 at 04:20 AM..
Old 09-08-2002, 06:16 AM
I do have a T1. But if you, for example, download from a 56k, you'll still get only 5kb/sec etc. Same goes with servers...it's not a strong server, so I lag when it does. And it lags a lot.
Old 09-08-2002, 06:42 AM
Prepare to be monopolized
Ghost Pirate is on a distinguished road
I think you should lose 2 or 3 items when you die and you shouldn't lose level from exp lose

Help fight the war on idiotism! Make your own War with IDIOTISM signature and spread the word.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:54 AM
Banned
Selzar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Selzar Send a message via Yahoo to Selzar

Theyre right stefan, it is a pain losing stats and EXP, make us loose 1/10 XP and some cash thats good,some people DONT have dsl or cable modem not everyone can have it but some people do, just make use lose 1/10 XP and some cash, its hard to buy restoration potions when thre 700 plats in stores if you would just make them back to 49 I dont think people would complain just as much!

<INSERTED BY ER1C FOR YOU>

AND it is ALSO a pain when you lose TONS of stats then you have to take like 3 hours of rolling! its so ANNOYING, you should make it like valikorlia, you get to CHOOSE your OWN stats!

<INSERTED BY ER1C FOR YOU>
some people LIKE to random PK, but peaceful mode is stupid if there were no stat loss and LEVEL loss people would have MORE FUN in this game , the only thing you can do on the game is Mine/Hunt Monsters how about make the game funner and take out stat loss / level loss, and peaceful and let the people HAVE F U N we pay money to have f u n yet it gives frustration!

Last edited by Er1c; 09-08-2002 at 11:44 AM..
Old 09-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Re: !

Quote:
Originally posted by Selzar
AND it is ALSO a pain when you lose TONS of stats then you have to take like 3 hours of rolling! its so ANNOYING, you should make it like valikorlia, you get to CHOOSE your OWN stats!
There is a button called Edit... it allows you to edit the one post you have... so please dont post two posts for one single topic... just click on edit and change your post.

It lets the moderators go "Gee that guy posts everything in one post and he isn't a post seeking ***** like some others... I like him". Otherwise people like me twitch when they see two posts that have a two min differnce between them on the same topic.