FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Did you see my post asking how this will work? :P

Will this have a generator like Minecraft and let the players create / destroy blocks or will be have levels made by LATs?
As you can see from the screen shots, we don't need levels staff to make out map.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:18 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Just to let you all know, 0PiX0 has offered to help out with the coding for GrimeCraft, so we won't be hiring coding staff any more! Sorry. We are still looking for everybody else though!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Are you going to set up spawn protection? It's going to be hard to manage a server when you have no control over who enters, you see.
Minecraft is a bit simpler because of whitelisting and spawn protection, but a 2D world like terraria is hard to handle with more then 20 people running around there.
Since I'm guessing your server is going to be pretty popular if it finishes, you should be prepared for that kind of stuff.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Just make a bunch of Graal texture packs for Minecraft.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Are you going to set up spawn protection? It's going to be hard to manage a server when you have no control over who enters, you see.
Minecraft is a bit simpler because of whitelisting and spawn protection, but a 2D world like terraria is hard to handle with more then 20 people running around there.
Since I'm guessing your server is going to be pretty popular if it finishes, you should be prepared for that kind of stuff.
That's just about at the bottom of my to-do list. I have no idea what this "spawn protection" is and how it works, but if it's some kind of protection against getting killed or w/e, I have no interest in making any kind of battle system or something so players can kill each other.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
That's just about at the bottom of my to-do list. I have no idea what this "spawn protection" is and how it works, but if it's some kind of protection against getting killed or w/e, I have no interest in making any kind of battle system or something so players can kill each other.
He means protecting the blocks at spawn against griefers.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Now I understand. Yes, they'll either be made of invincible blocks, or we can have a code to find the nearest safe block, and spawn the player there.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Grime is a horrible word to use here, lol. :[
Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Grime is a horrible word to use here, lol. :[
Only because it reminds me of you <3
Old 12-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Only because it reminds me of you <3

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Delterian Hybrid
We have been making some incredible progress ever since Fulg0reSama and 0PiX0 joined the team. Here is just a taster of what we have already accomplished in a few days!

Chat System
0PiX0 has made us a beautiful little chat system that displays players chat across the level. It's a neat little communication device that clearly shows messages from other players, with some cool effects added for transition too!

Movement
The movement is up and working! It's got an amazingly smooth movement style with slide/skid effects for player and acts differently depending on your terrain (water, dry land)

Background system
Although it's not currently 100% finished, it's bound to be completed soon, when we get the sky graphics done. It's basically a background effect that moves with the player as they shift along the map.

Images have been attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chat System.png
Views:	165
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	54046  
Old 12-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'm interested in logging in and checking out this movement.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Just a notice

Since V5 doesn't like to work well with our systems, V5 clients won't be able to access the server.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:58 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
dude you need to add awesome weapons like on worms, so you can blow up stuff could like have that as an event maybe

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
dude you need to add awesome weapons like on worms, so you can blow up stuff could like have that as an event maybe
I really like this idea.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.