Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 03-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Pimmeh Pimmeh is offline
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
Posts: 1,586
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readability analyzer
HARD: this text contains either long sentences and/or long or uncommon words. This implies a low readability index. By modifying the selection of words and the sentence lengths the readability can be easily improved.

AVERAGE: the difficulty of the text seems to be average. The majority of well-written content falls into this category.

EASY: This text is easy to read. Easy to read, well-written documents can be easily understood by audiences with any education level.
Average equals good, Rufus. You cannot expect all Graal users to be literary genii.
__________________
Oh, Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Average equals good, Rufus. You cannot expect all Graal users to be literary genii.
Quote:
HARD: this text contains either long sentences and/or long or uncommon words. This implies a low readability index. By modifying the selection of words and the sentence lengths the readability can be easily improved.
AVERAGE: the difficulty of the text seems to be average. The majority of well-written content falls into this category.
EASY: This text is easy to read. Easy to read, well-written documents can be easily understood by audiences with any education level.
There are a lot of different players with a lot of different education levels, so a potential News Administrator should be trying to look for a happy medium with their articles. That is why the easy ratings (and my links) are provided. You're right, you can't expect all Graal users to be "literary genii" but the players deserve one if they can have one and this has nothing to do with literature.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Clockwork Clockwork is offline
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,071
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Clockwork
This just in: Rufus and Pimmeh arguing about sentance structure and use of words.

Just as well Rufus.

"There are a lot of different players with a lot of different education levels, so a potential News Administrator should be potentially trying to look into a happy medium, which is why the easy ratings (and my links) are provided. You're right, you can't expect all Graal users to be "literary genii" but the players deserve one if they can have one and this has nothing to do with literature."

Thats 2 sentances. The first one is way to long. Just as well, though, you use words I have trouble fitting into normal conversations. Words such as medium.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,738
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
This just in: Rufus and Pimmeh arguing about sentance structure and use of words.

Just as well Rufus.

"There are a lot of different players with a lot of different education levels, so a potential News Administrator should be potentially trying to look into a happy medium, which is why the easy ratings (and my links) are provided. You're right, you can't expect all Graal users to be "literary genii" but the players deserve one if they can have one and this has nothing to do with literature."

Thats 2 sentances. The first one is way to long. Just as well, though, you use words I have trouble fitting into normal conversations. Words such as medium.
You said "just as well" twice you redundant prick.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Clockwork Clockwork is offline
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,071
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Clockwork
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You said "just as well" twice you redundant prick.
This also in: I lol'd.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
This just in: Rufus and Pimmeh arguing about sentance structure and use of words.

Just as well Rufus.

"There are a lot of different players with a lot of different education levels, so a potential News Administrator should be potentially trying to look into a happy medium, which is why the easy ratings (and my links) are provided. You're right, you can't expect all Graal users to be "literary genii" but the players deserve one if they can have one and this has nothing to do with literature."

Thats 2 sentances. The first one is way to long. Just as well, though, you use words I have trouble fitting into normal conversations. Words such as medium.
Well to be fair, you've made a couple of spelling and grammar errors when attempting to critique my post, but that's not what I'm trying to get across here. I'm not applying because I simply do not posses the ability to create entertaining articles that are readable for all education levels, and although I used this system when creating my University application (which was accepted by all 5 ) it took me a while to make. People that are applying for the position should very much take their spelling, grammar and readability of writing into consideration amongst the pleasantries.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Clockwork Clockwork is offline
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,071
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Clockwork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Well to be fair, you've made a couple of spelling and grammar errors when attempting to critique my post, but that's not what I'm trying to get across here. I'm not applying because I simply do not posses the ability to create entertaining articles that are readable for all education levels, and although I used this system when creating my University application (which was accepted by all 5 ) it took me a while to make. People that are applying for the position should very much take their spelling, grammar and readability of writing into consideration amongst the pleasantries.
~Sentence.

I'm sorry! :P
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Bell Bell is offline
Registered User
Bell's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,824
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Instead of arguing here, why not use your language talents and go apply.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...play.php?f=209

I swear there isn't a topic on Graal that isn't argued to death for the sake of arguing.
__________________
For support contact
http://support.toonslab.com/
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Instead of arguing here, why not use your language talents and go apply.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...play.php?f=209

I swear there isn't a topic on Graal that isn't argued to death for the sake of arguing.
I'm the only one who hasn't applied and I've already stated why
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Admins Admins is offline
Graal Administration
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Admins
Posts: 11,693
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I don't really care about language, my English is not the best either. The problem is that everyone (with Gold, that's a few thousand) can post news on graal.net and those news will be put on the serverlist to show Graal players what interesting things are happening which they otherwise would miss if they don't log into each server each day or speak to people a half hour or more. People can already add the news but probably don't feel that their updates made to the server are worthy to be put in the news or they don't see it as important. But I often see that staff on servers are accomplishing quite great tasks and add nice stuff. I only see those things when I go on servers and speak to people though, so I probably don't see half of the things and so do most Graal players. The news admin should go on servers and find out what happened and post it on the news: events, new monsters or maps, new things in the planning. He/she can hire a team or motivate the server staff to post the news themself, as long as the news are posted and not forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admins View Post
I don't really care about language, my English is not the best either. The problem is that everyone (with Gold, that's a few thousand) can post news on graal.net and those news will be put on the serverlist to show Graal players what interesting things are happening which they otherwise would miss if they don't log into each server each day or speak to people a half hour or more. People can already add the news but probably don't feel that their updates made to the server are worthy to be put in the news or they don't see it as important. But I often see that staff on servers are accomplishing quite great tasks and add nice stuff. I only see those things when I go on servers and speak to people though, so I probably don't see half of the things and so do most Graal players. The news admin should go on servers and find out what happened and post it on the news: events, new monsters or maps, new things in the planning. He/she can hire a team or motivate the server staff to post the news themself, as long as the news are posted and not forgotten.
The language used in a news article reflects upon the game and and its professional credibility. Aside from that, the language also reflects the amount of people who can actually read a news article and the amount of people who will read a news article. If the articles are written badly, they're not going to be read, it's as simple as that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Bell Bell is offline
Registered User
Bell's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,824
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
I personally would like to see someone that can give descriptive, fun and interesting news posts than worry about whether they had missed a ( , ) or used theres instead of there's.

Some of my best lol's have been reading Stefans grammar errors. I'm sure there have been some horrified gasps at my own grammar or sentence structure.
__________________
For support contact
http://support.toonslab.com/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I personally would like to see someone that can give descriptive, fun and interesting news posts than worry about whether they had missed a ( , ) or used theres instead of there's.
As the News Admin i'd expect this person to be able to filter out well written news articles that are both easy and enjoyable to read as opposed to cheeky ill-structured fruitfests of "WELCUM TO UN ^________^ (^) 2DAY WE UPDATED TH EPORT but it sanked =.=".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Darlene159 Darlene159 is offline
Administrator
Darlene159's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,470
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I personally would like to see someone that can give descriptive, fun and interesting news posts than worry about whether they had missed a ( , ) or used theres instead of there's.

Some of my best lol's have been reading Stefans grammar errors. I'm sure there have been some horrified gasps at my own grammar or sentence structure.
Same here.
__________________
FORUM RULES
GRAAL BIBLE (Lots of useful info)
INFO ABOUT REPUTATIONS.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Bell Bell is offline
Registered User
Bell's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,824
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
As the News Admin i'd expect this person to be able to filter out well written news articles that are both easy and enjoyable to read as opposed to cheeky ill-structured fruitfests of "WELCUM TO UN ^________^ (^) 2DAY WE UPDATED TH EPORT but it sanked =.=".
Rofl, well, I wasn't saying they could be that bad. Those types of posts just burn holes in your eyes.
__________________
For support contact
http://support.toonslab.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.