FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
Can't wait

Old 02-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astram View Post
Can't wait
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
no, and GDT is dead too, the only reason it's still around is because they ignored ben's request to have it disbanded.
niiiiice
Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Lance pops in with beautiful promises then just leaves us high n dry :<
Old 03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Lance pops in with beautiful promises then just leaves us high n dry :<
He may have to rescript everything from square one because it's either...

1) Done using an outdated style scripting.

2) Messy and not worth using what several other managers have tried to string together.

3) Not up to the standards that only Lance knows about for some odd reason.

Lets wait for 5 years for him to tell us "things are being worked on." before we bother him again.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
osnap
Old 03-07-2011, 11:22 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
what does this mean!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:43 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
what does this mean!!!
That G2K1 efforts will continue to never be seen.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
G2k xi

Weee!~
Old 03-08-2011, 02:04 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
rip

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 03-08-2011, 04:16 AM
Prinking Droblem
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
He may have to rescript everything from square one because it's either...

1) Done using an outdated style scripting.

2) Messy and not worth using what several other managers have tried to string together.

3) Not up to the standards that only Lance knows about for some odd reason.

Lets wait for 5 years for him to tell us "things are being worked on." before we bother him again.
2k1 is outdated because it is 10 years old. i still think it was thebomb.com
all managers and devs, including what i did, could never amount to what birdbird/koni/other ballers did.
Lance has a good heart but it truly did die when birdbird left

boom .
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
2k1 is outdated because it is 10 years old.
It's primarily the scripting and possibly general standards that are out-dated, not the concept.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:02 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
General standards? Koni put out what seem to me like very impressive graphics, in the meantime servers like zodiac have the spotlight with much less on visuals, and i'm certain scripting can be used well enough since you show your skills with it on classic.

I'm sure someone would agree, just get creative with the graphics, like you did on classic (proper shadows on the bushes/signs when you throw them) Something similar to atlantis with the gralats being changed (it does not have to be just like theirs, but change it somehow, it would be new and probably welcome by lots of players) and many other small ideas that could bring a new look to an old but well liked server.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, get feedback and show little bits of your work here and there like atlantis does, nobody can steal it if they wanted unless the want to get into trouble for using graphics limited to one server.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
This may mean nothing or just go unnoticed, but if an issue is broken scripts or GS1 scripts, I will gladly help convert and update scripts to current standards of Graal Script 2.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Prinking Droblem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
It's primarily the scripting and possibly general standards that are out-dated, not the concept.
if the scripts worked back then how do they not work now ?_?, maybe they don't work with the new client :0?

i miss a server with a booming economy with an equally booming kingdom sector. perfect mix :F

people would kill for a white gangster hat...and for a bomy. people would work 100's of hours for stupid items/status....it was so great QQ.

birdbird was the original engine of incorporating lights into levels, visual feasts...he truly mastered it more so than any developer, to this day nobody can make a a level/map/whatever shine like that fool could.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:07 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
A lot of people are militant against Graal2001's birdbird style in this day, though.
Go talk to Rufus about that.

Anyway, I can verify that almost everything works on Graal2001 right now.
I think that it is all scripted in an older style and language. But it all works exactly the same as it did the last time anyone stepped foot on Graal2001. It actually works the same as it did when the server was on the serverlist and slowly dwindling.

You can:
-farm apples
-rent a market stand
-mine
-ride the train (which works perfectly well but needs touching up)
-bake bread
-ski
-kart racing works same as ever
-play hockey
-play kingdoms event
(all the events pretty much work I believe)
-fish quest works
-zalactic labs is in ship shape
-you can still use the fireworks you get in the slums
-i bought all the musical instruments and tried them out. they could use updated sound effects

you can't:
-ride the boat at silverstun's sea
-go to dustari (lance seems to have made it so that you get disconnected over and over if you go there. i actually am stuck because of this and can't log in)
-go to Zormite (this location seems kinda screwed)

If anyone is wondering about the state of anything else I could tell you.
Basically if the old code is used, then the game is near completion. If new code is to be implemented then my guess is that I would probably need to pay someone before that seems like a possibility (which I would consider).