Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTaikunXx View Post
That's enough for the beginning. Gk doesn't have more either. Just focus on the "storyline".
I think a consistent theme (i.e., let's not use zone-style lasers on GK) is much more important than a storyline.

Although I do feel a back story (i.e., the bomy moon crashing into the kingdom islands) is a great start but any sort of story line seems unnecessary.

Does anyone disagree or agree?
Old 05-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think a consistent theme (i.e., let's not use zone-style lasers on GK) is much more important than a storyline.

Although I do feel a back story (i.e., the bomy moon crashing into the kingdom islands) is a great start but any sort of story line seems unnecessary.

The idea on the storyline was to give each questline its own little story. So there wont be a main story, but many little stories which people can do via questing.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 05-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Todd45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Here is a list of content for the release of Kingdoms iPhone.

What do you think? Enough?
Or should we add more for the release? Or better save more content for updates?

We need your opinion here.

Stuff for release:
  • Kingdoms (Dustari, Crescent Pirates, Zormite, Forest, Samurai), CastleWars
  • PvE, PvP, Dungeons, Maybe 1 Crypt/Instance
  • Shops for several things, Barbershops, Crafting
  • Skills: Mining, Fishing, Farming, Cutting trees and making bords for the beginning, more as updates later
  • Spell System (with proper cooldowns etc…)
  • Guildsystem
  • Quests
  • Armor like Mails, Helmets, Bracers, Amulets etc with real stats.
  • Tradeshops with Tradetables, dropping items, Trade between players
  • Playerhouses / Guild HQs
  • Gods with Buffs. (Player related buffs)
  • Few events for the release. More later.
  • Auctionhouse (Players can buy/sell items here)
  • Horses for travelling
iGK sounds great to me. These feautures pretty much make it equal to what graal kingdoms is already. The tileset looks great, the updated monster gfx is nice. There isn't a bad thing I can really say about iGK right now. The only thing I would want in on iGK is the Message of the Day system that was recently added on GK for release. Other than that, this seems like a pretty stable release platform. Just don't forget about us PC players too!
Old 05-31-2014, 02:46 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

I agree about a consistent theme. However I feel storyline is kinda important. A storyline is what makes you feel more involved in the actual game play. It eleviates the stress of grind for exp to spar or grind for cash to have cool items. It serves purpose in guiding you for what you should be doing generally. Like pokemon for example. You follow a set of gyms usually in a predetermined order so that it gets just a little harder each time (similar to how gk should do leveling leading you thru areas when your ready). Really if you dont use a storyline you are causing minor to severe conflicts in gameplay. You are foremost relying on the players imagination to have fun since well theres no story you kinda have to make it up.. as we all know as we get older we use it less and less so your target audience starts shrinking.. You then run the risk of causing people to have different imaginations and well its like working in a factory speaking only english around people primararily speaking spanish .. and at my work i know how hard that can be at times ... wow... but I don't mean language, i mean like say u got a kingdom event going on and some jerk is just doing random bored people stuff and starts interupting you because he doesnt realize your role playing. in a typical storyline its usually clear what you are doing in a certain area.

Quote:
The idea on the storyline was to give each questline its own little story. So there wont be a main story, but many little stories which people can do via questing.
Similar to like delteria's questing how you can go out of order or is there any particular order? if there in order the small stories add up to a main one. and having many stories is the only way its even possible to do a main story.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:55 AM
IXIs_Last_Stand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Here is a list of content for the release of Kingdoms iPhone.

What do you think? Enough?
Or should we add more for the release? Or better save more content for updates?

We need your opinion here.

Stuff for release:
  • Kingdoms (Dustari, Crescent Pirates, Zormite, Forest, Samurai), CastleWars
  • PvE, PvP, Dungeons, Maybe 1 Crypt/Instance
  • Shops for several things, Barbershops, Crafting
  • Skills: Mining, Fishing, Farming, Cutting trees and making bords for the beginning, more as updates later
  • Spell System (with proper cooldowns etc…)
  • Guildsystem
  • Quests
  • Armor like Mails, Helmets, Bracers, Amulets etc with real stats.
  • Tradeshops with Tradetables, dropping items, Trade between players
  • Playerhouses / Guild HQs
  • Gods with Buffs. (Player related buffs)
  • Few events for the release. More later.
  • Auctionhouse (Players can buy/sell items here)
  • Horses for travelling
I think that is enough for a release, maybe release the other updates as small planned updates (once a month or so). Seems like a better and improved version of GK, hope it does well.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:35 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Depends if it plays like typical mainstream MMO's or the traditional GK style.

If it's like the MMO's where I go from one town to the next as I level up doing quests, and then do dungeons and raids or any new content as it's released, then I value the linear storyline mostly because it explains new content and keeps the world alive to explain in story why this event(dungeon/town or whatever) spawned out of nowhere. Even though the worlds are open, I generally feel un-welcomed to the higher-level areas until I've reached it in the questline because the baddies there are too high level, and questing is the easiest way to level up in those games anyways.

But if it's like GK has been where I grind monsters for EXP in 2 or 3 areas for a few levels, then another area, with my goals being self-oriented rather than story-driven, I really don't care for a story line at all.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
I feel that some sort of storyline would bring value, and direction. Maybe not a storyline based around the individual (like Shaded Legend), but around the 5 separate kingdoms and their different agendas.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:24 PM
whatever.
Maharu will become famous soon enough
i think it would be nice if the game's backstory was better incorporated into the actual gameplay a little more. you could play this game for years and never even know what the backstory is, and since that's the case, what is the point of it? it adds nothing to the game as is, so if you are going to keep it you may as well make it mean something. it could give the game a little more flavor.

maybe actual backstory for where each kingdom originated would be nice too just for some concrete history.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
I feel that some sort of storyline would bring value, and direction. Maybe not a storyline based around the individual (like Shaded Legend), but around the 5 separate kingdoms and their different agendas.
that could possibly be pretty cool actually. but there is a kinda main one they can kinda follow while doing both. it really does add a lot of value to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharu View Post
i think it would be nice if the game's backstory was better incorporated into the actual gameplay a little more. you could play this game for years and never even know what the backstory is, and since that's the case, what is the point of it? it adds nothing to the game as is, so if you are going to keep it you may as well make it mean something. it could give the game a little more flavor.

maybe actual backstory for where each kingdom originated would be nice too just for some concrete history.
Thats what i've been saying. Theres no point having a story if theres no way to experience it in-game. GK is kinda more of a use your imagination and just pretend which anyone who's hosted a spar can attest to how friggen hard it is to even get a small group of players to focus, listen and follow directions =/
Old 06-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
i never pay attention to the storyline really. maybe it's just me but i grind through stuff just to get it over with
Old 06-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
that could possibly be pretty cool actually. but there is a kinda main one they can kinda follow while doing both. it really does add a lot of value to the game.
The reason I don't like individual storyline is because many times it fails to suspend your disbelief. For example, in Shaded Legend-- you were the chosen one. But you know it's not "true" because everyone else playing the server is also being called the chosen one. If you see where I'm going with that.

That's why I think it would be better for the story to be based around the different kingdoms instead-- and each player is just a "soldier" in said story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
i never pay attention to the storyline really. maybe it's just me but i grind through stuff just to get it over with
I hear you. I don't think anything elaborate is needed though. Just subtle things that certain NPCs say to help push it in that direction.

Old 06-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Kingdoms Management
Here is an example of our purchase-system.

Looks pretty cool on the mobile device :P
In the future, you will be able to customize the black gui in any color you want it look like.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:46 PM
blackbeltben is on a distinguished road
What is the latest say for the release date for this to the iPhone?
Old 06-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeltben View Post
What is the latest say for the release date for this to the iPhone?
We really cant give any release dates, since it is up to Unixmad/Stefan when to release it.
I can just say that we are done 80%, and touching up the last stuffs, adding the quests, jobs and dungeons.
When everything is done it will be presented to the Game Management and they will decide what happens.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:20 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Here is an example of our purchase-system.

Looks pretty cool on the mobile device :P
In the future, you will be able to customize the black gui in any color you want it look like.
Funny how you're using an outdated UI of an iOS which doesn't even fit the servers theme while it's ment to be used by all possible OS's/browsers

Tags
graal kingdoms, iphone, kingdoms iphone, preview