Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 03:09 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
David K? - Level Tutorials

Hi everyone,

I made a few level tutorials a while back and now have them grouped together.
Some time in the future I'd like to show more-so how one can better detail their levels.

Feel free to check it out. :]
http://prezi.com/m2qzeidimbr-/david-...ing-tutorials/

Later on I'll make the presentation a little better visually and add in the new video. I'd like to put in some pictures to go along with it as well.

Let me know if it helps at all!

(I'll keep the thread updated.)

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
I watched one of the videos, how to make insides.. now the style really isn't my style.. and think alot more could be done - but the basic structure of setting up a house I agree on. (on a smaller scale, as I dont think you need anywhere near as much floor space)

I certainly agree that the insides should look like the outsides, I am strict on my lats about that. I remember I made a couple of examples when I was working on a old N-Pulse project.. thought they could help out here too. (they are gifs, so give a sec to load)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1170730066.gif (though I know there is a error in the structure on this one.. but you get the point)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1170730254.gif
Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
I watched one of the videos, how to make insides.. now the style really isn't my style.. and think alot more could be done - but the basic structure of setting up a house I agree on. (on a smaller scale, as I dont think you need anywhere near as much floor space)

I certainly agree that the insides should look like the outsides, I am strict on my lats about that. I remember I made a couple of examples when I was working on a old N-Pulse project.. thought they could help out here too. (they are gifs, so give a sec to load)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1170730066.gif (though I know there is a error in the structure on this one.. but you get the point)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...1170730254.gif
The first still looks good, once they go in, it looks for the most part the same, I don't think many people will keep running in and out to try to spot the differences lol...

We can agree to disagree, whereas you believe I have to much room, I feel yours do not have enough room for the players to actually walk around. However, for the most part we both have levels better than most of the levels we see under Classic.

I made my tutorials sometimes in the last two years, and I think it would be nice if I redid some of them. (I have pictures on the website that I still need to upload to Prezi which has more information I think)

I would like to tell them how to find the tiles too, and Bayne from Shaded Legends would like me to go over details..

I hope you semi enjoyed it. ^.^;
I appreciate the constructive criticism, not much but some would only say "It's good" or "It sucks" without actually explaining themselves.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
I think the videos are a great idea, and more than sure it would help alot of new comers with how to really get started.

Yeah, my insides are very.. go in, get to the point.. now get out!
I mean it's good everyone is different.. otherwise all servers would look the same. Just personal taste.