Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2008, 06:15 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
[No Name] - Modern Server

To begin, I'd like to say that this isn't supposed to be a gun-based modern server, and that it also has no current name.

I've wanted to make a modern server like this for a while, but never got the chance to have a server or staff or make a thread and whatnot.

This modern server will be more of a 2D virtual life (because Graal isn't 3D yet and probably won't be for another 5 years ) based on what the players want to see, that's reasonable to be on the server, that represents a real kind of life.

It will kind of be like what Sunnyville was going to be (see the attatchment at the end for what was planned of it) but a little bit tweaked, and that'll be explained in this post.

You start off as a 15 year old. You have an amount of fatigue and an amount of hunger.
Fatigue helps determine your speed, strength, study abilities, etc. to be successful. The lower the fatigue percent the better. You go to a bed to lower your fatigue or use different cafinated items (which help only for a little while, then raises fatigue very suddenly). [Illegal] drugs can also be used, but you then have to go through a trial (which is NPC-based, not player based). If your fatigue is 100[percent] you pass out, which you either go to a hospital for or lay in the streets (fatigue percent will lower less quickly than being in a bed this way).
Hunger can be brought down by eating (this does not include drugs, but actual food). If you eat past 0[percent] hunger you will become sick and throw up, which will have an effect later. If you get to 100[percent] hunger you pass out and get sent to a hospital. Drugs can help make you not get hungry for a bit, but then the percent will shoot up after a while.

You start off living with your parents, and after 2 or 3 years (not actually 2 or 3 years, but 2 or 3 years ingame) you can move out. This means no chores to do around the house and no annoying parents calling. You also then move off to college. Your parents pay for your college the first year, and HELP pay for wherever you're staying (because they don't want you to stay home: it's getting too crowded with friends). So this is where the job comes in.
You start off with a job at a local fast-food place. After the first 3 weeks (to help get money to start off) you can either quit or stay at your job as you want. You also have to fill out applications for a different job first. All of these will be scripted minigames (if that's what you want to call them) and you must finish the task given. You can also move up the ranks in your job after working there for a while (depends on the place).

When you're 16 1/2 years old, you have the option of trying to get a license. If you succeed the driving course, your parents get you a car. This is used to get around more easily, obviously. If you drive incorrectly, you can get your license taken away.

You have the choice of either going to school (which you can get a higher-paying job eventually, but can't work too much during the day) or you can drop out/skip school (which you stay at a lowish paying job and can work more during the day). If you don't drop out but you skip school, you can get detentions, suspensions, etc. If you are expelled, you must find a new school or go to a private school, which would be more money because private schools DO cost more money, and finding a different school will have to not be in the same area.

On your spare time you can:
Go to the gym. This helps increase strength for various things.
Play local sports which is just a short mini-game.
Participate in local clubs.
Go on the internet (which is just to use your time). You can play flash (mini-) games, try to find a job, read news, etc. (internet will not cost money in this world )
and other various things.

Comments? Post here.
Critisism? Make it constructive.
Want to help? Post/PM.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:19 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
sounds extremely boring.
no offense.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:21 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Can you bully people and beat nerds up for lunchmoney?
Old 08-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
sounds extremely boring.
no offense.
Yet The Sims is one of the largest franchises in gaming.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:24 AM
o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Can you bully people and beat nerds up for lunchmoney?
I guess.
But you get detentions in school

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Yet The Sims is one of the largest franchises in gaming.
Sims Online
Old 08-09-2008, 06:48 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
S!ms Online.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
So would I be able to create some sinister Mega Corporation and slowly take over the world?
Old 08-09-2008, 01:08 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
I want to be a hobo and do adventures in substance-induced hallucination land.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Giving you a development lesson...
Never do what the players want lol

Old 08-09-2008, 07:01 PM
o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
S!ms Online.
Oh, yes. Copyrighted name infringements
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
So would I be able to create some sinister Mega Corporation and slowly take over the world?
No...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I said, only if it's reasonable
Old 08-09-2008, 07:20 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Oh, yes. Copyrighted name infringements
Call me picky, but trademark laws and copyright laws are completely different to each other. I wouldn't suggest mixing them up.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:18 PM
o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
Call me picky, but trademark laws and copyright laws are completely different to each other. I wouldn't suggest mixing them up.
To me?
Same crap.
But whatever
Old 08-09-2008, 09:43 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
i actually read this, considering how large the post is.

neat.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:05 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I think this would be better as a singleplayer game...
Old 08-09-2008, 10:39 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I guess.
But you get detentions in school
I'd break out don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
BRILLIANT.