Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2008, 08:51 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
this has my attention.
i plan to participate if it comes to un
Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
this has my attention.
i plan to participate if it comes to un
You have to be selected to participate.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Sounds fun.

There should be a scripting event
It won't be fun, I'd win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
im looking forward to it, but if meny players are gona watch it will lag the players who is compeating?
We will ofcourse make the systems as efficient as possible and try to have a very low CPU usage (or atleast an option to run the events using low CPU).
Old 06-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It won't be fun, I'd win.
tru dat
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
im looking forward to it, but if meny players are gona watch it will lag the players who is compeating?
I remember the sparring had a system where the people that were in the ring were warped to an identical but different level. The spectators would see a kind of "reflection" of them (npc characters or something) so they wouldnt have to be in the same level.

UN uses this when they host their spar tourneys.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:59 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I remember the sparring had a system where the people that were in the ring were warped to an identical but different level. The spectators would see a kind of "reflection" of them (npc characters or something) so they wouldnt have to be in the same level.

UN uses this when they host their spar tourneys.
Personally, I find this rather funny. This certainly causes more server lag, though I guess in theory it would be better for the sparrers.

One thing I think the Graal Olympics need is some new-theme events.

For example, Era will probably fail at most of the events since it is a modern server, and those are classic-themed events. Especially sparring.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned
TheFisherman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheFisherman
It would be cool if each server could submit their own banner or something and have team colors?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Personally, I find this rather funny. This certainly causes more server lag, though I guess in theory it would be better for the sparrers.
It WAS better for the sparrers, period. There were too many people around the arena.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:16 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
You have to be selected to participate.
i know.
im going to participate
Old 06-13-2008, 11:24 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
It WAS better for the sparrers, period. There were too many people around the arena.
Well, then I guess it should be done.

I'd be willing to help script any events/anything else needed as well if you need help.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
One thing I think the Graal Olympics need is some new-theme events.

For example, Era will probably fail at most of the events since it is a modern server, and those are classic-themed events. Especially sparring.
The difference between most servers are mainly setting, generally the gameplay is the same. Other than sparring which is a Graal classic, the events are going to be pretty fresh in design as stated in the first post. The theme will remain consistent instead of say, jumping from a Classic setting into an Era modern, then hopping over to a Graal Kingdoms style event, then back to the Classic setting, it would be too confusing and all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFisherman View Post
It would be cool if each server could submit their own banner or something and have team colors?
Yeah I was thinking of letting the servers pick their respective colors, and maybe having matching outfits for those that were in the teams. The spectators would get a choice of outfit, and the option to pick which server they're from. I thought about maybe giving out a flag weapon that people could wave around when the players chose their server, but it would be hard to represent a server in a little flag image.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned
TheFisherman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheFisherman
You could put letters on the flags and have them match the teams color.
"GK,Z,C,E,NP,UN,V"
Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Yeah I was thinking of letting the servers pick their respective colors, and maybe having matching outfits for those that were in the teams. The spectators would get a choice of outfit, and the option to pick which server they're from. I thought about maybe giving out a flag weapon that people could wave around when the players chose their server, but it would be hard to represent a server in a little flag image.
I see Delteria strolling up in pink and baby-blue
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I see Delteria strolling up in pink and baby-blue
I don't, I didn't include them or Atlantis.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:00 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Then I retract that.

Tags
bomy island, graal olympics, graalympics, olympics