Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2016, 12:46 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Rollback

So is there going to be a rollback after whoever wrecked the server or what?
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 02-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
they are going to give everyone 100ep on first login and just reset
Old 02-11-2016, 04:20 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah man, all my **** is gone. I ain't doing all those quests a second time.

Oh, right. And my hats.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:04 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Don't understand why it hasn't been addressed by PWA. The longer it waits the more impossible it is to do.
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 02-12-2016, 02:02 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
is there going to be a complete wipe? or what

Old 02-12-2016, 09:58 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
From the ingame forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 (Ph8)
I've been getting flooded with messages from people who either were entirely reset, lost hats, or lost job expirience due to the recent server issues. Here is the situation.

I'm still hoping (though that hope is now somewhat fading) that I'll be able to fully restore the effected accounts. If this turns out to be impossible, there are a few options on the table.

1) Work with everyone individually to try to restore their account to be as close to they were before the server issues.
2) Give people who were effects a few of their things back, stuff like hats that mattered to them or weapons they really liked, along with a lump sum of EP to help them restore their accounts themselves.
3) Completely reset everyone.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think about these options. I'd imagine a most people would be against a full reset, but maybe I'm wrong?

If we go with option 1 or option 2, it's going to take a lot of time to assist everyone who was effected. I'm sorry for this, but please be patient.

As always, I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Distorted has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Distorted Send a message via AIM to Distorted
complete reset... complete reset... *continues chanting*
Old 02-12-2016, 03:02 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Stowen claimed that he had back ups, the issue was sending them to the server.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Stowen claimed that he had back ups, the issue was sending them to the server.
If anyone can get in touch with him and ask him if he has account folder backups and is willing to give them to me, please do so.

Also to clarify what happened, Unixmad already came on and rolled back the server. Stuff like SQL databases and the like were restored. However, the rollback did not fix players accounts. Why that is, I have no idea. I'm not sure if a second rollback could fix the problem or not, but I've been told that it is unlikely to happen anyway.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:14 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
hi deophite.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 AM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Rather than writing two massive essays, here's exactly what I just posted on UN's forums.

"For all of you who were either entirely reset when the server went down two weeks ago, or lost specific things like weapons, hats, or job levels, read on.

I have finally completed work on a system that will allow to (manually) restore your account details. Here it how it will work.

1) PM either me, Fuza, Kittums, or Helena. A forum pm won't cut it. Both the admin and the player must be online to get the process started. Explain to the admin what you lost. The admin will enter you into the system, and you will receive a weapon called "AccountFixer."

2) Once you have the weapon, fire it or chat "/accountfixer". A GUI will appear. You can use it to restore weapons (drop down bar, add button), hats (edit text field, add button), or stats and currency (drop down to yes, and enter data into edit text field.) Keep in mind that for the stats and currency field, EP, gralats, kills, and deaths will be ADDED to your current amount, so you should enter the number that you lost, not the total of what you lost and what you have now. For mining level, lumber exp, and smithing level, the data will SET to your entered stat, not be added to your current stat. So for example, if you enter 50 as your mining level, and your mining level since the reset is 5, your mining level will be SET to 50, not to 55.

I realize that for some of you that have decade old accounts, this process will be very difficult, and is hardly optimal. I'm sorry for that, but this method was the only route available. There is no rush to complete filling out the GUI once you've received the weapon, and it will save any data you enter even if you log out and come back later, so feel free to take your time. You are also welcome to just add a few of your weapons and hats back to yourself, along with a sum of EP/G that you believe represents the value of the rest of what you lost.

Anyway, once you are satisfied that you have completely filled out the GUI, hit confirm.

3) At this point, an admin will review what you sent and will decide whether it seems like you are being honest/reasonable. The admin has the ability to edit what you submitted if they believe you are overestimating what you lost, or to reject your form entirely.

If the admin decides that you are being honest, they will accept your submission, and your account should be restored, either at the moment they review it or at the next time that you log in. If you have any issues or encounter any bugs with the system, please let me of one of the admins know.

If you have friends who play here that you talk to outside of the game, but quit because they got reset, please contact them and let them know about this system.

Thanks for reading my massive essay, and I hope some of you will find this system useful.

Ph8"