Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-16-2013, 05:14 PM
jacob_bald6225 jacob_bald6225 is offline
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 851
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Link to the Past level pack

Hey if I could dig it up and upload it, would anyone be interested in the Link to the past overworld pack I generated a while back?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Torankusu Torankusu is offline
Elite Member
Torankusu's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,057
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Yes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Think befreo you type.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2013, 09:37 PM
TSAdmin TSAdmin is offline
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,980
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
That sounds like a pretty awesome idea.
__________________
TSAdmin (Forum Moderator)
Welcome to the Official GraalOnline Forums! Where sharing an opinion may be seen as a declaration of war!
------------------------
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Gos_pira Gos_pira is offline
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pirate Ghost Ship
Posts: 175
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Yes!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 AM
jacob_bald6225 jacob_bald6225 is offline
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 851
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Here you are gentlemen. I think it is mirrored and there isn't a gmap right now.. I lost it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Zip-LttP.zip (276.6 KB, 175 views)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Torankusu Torankusu is offline
Elite Member
Torankusu's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,057
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Not bad. Ill check them out when I get homr.

I had a type 1 and layered version I was working on, but lack graphical talent so I stopped at the lost woods. Lol, this will help though..
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Think befreo you type.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM
jacob_bald6225 jacob_bald6225 is offline
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 851
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
Not bad. Ill check them out when I get homr.

I had a type 1 and layered version I was working on, but lack graphical talent so I stopped at the lost woods. Lol, this will help though..
Mine was generated from screenshots :P It wasn't a manual effort!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Torankusu Torankusu is offline
Elite Member
Torankusu's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,057
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
I think I asked you about this a while back, but you don't have the stuff to do that anymore do you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Think befreo you type.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
jacob_bald6225 jacob_bald6225 is offline
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 851
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Nope :P Sorry.


If you want a quick rundown on how you can start to build something like I had...

Get a large screenshot of what you want to build(level size).

Using:
http://bobpowell.net/lockingbits.aspx
Scan the tiles in the tileset once and then match them up with tiles in the level.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 PM
xAndrewx xAndrewx is offline
Registered User
xAndrewx's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,260
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
sick
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Emera Emera is offline
Delterian Hybrid
Emera's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon-Tyne
Posts: 1,704
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
Nope :P Sorry.


If you want a quick rundown on how you can start to build something like I had...

Get a large screenshot of what you want to build(level size).

Using:
http://bobpowell.net/lockingbits.aspx
Scan the tiles in the tileset once and then match them up with tiles in the level.
That link has some interesting information. Thanks for posting, I'll definitely take a look at this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Torankusu Torankusu is offline
Elite Member
Torankusu's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 10,057
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Attached is a GMAP file for this level set. (rename it to .gmap to use with gonstruct -- the program I tested it with).

For some reason, Jacob, the first 3-4 levels on the north-eastern side do not work (a1 - d1?), they do not draw anything for me with the given tileset. And what is drawn, it looks like the wrong images are in those locations.

Also, the ZIP file included is missing the level: a4

Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt zlttp-.txt (960 Bytes, 136 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Think befreo you type.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Emera Emera is offline
Delterian Hybrid
Emera's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon-Tyne
Posts: 1,704
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Been reading through the article you posted on analysing image data and I've spent some time creating an application that can generate a Graal level based on a full-sized level screenshot. I've still not come up with a solution to deal with images covering tiles, light effects and level with layers however, but it's working perfectly for level images that show only tiles.

Here's an image. I've managed to generate the level on the right by taking the level image on the left and analysing it's pixel data, comparing the data with the pixel data for pics1.png. The comparison are made on a tile-by-tile basis, so every 256 pixels (or 1 tile) a comparison is made.

I'll post a build when I've figured out exactly how I'm going to deal with **** like light effects and layers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-24 12_37_48-Greenshot.png
Views:	200
Size:	332.6 KB
ID:	55540  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-24-2013, 03:05 PM
jacob_bald6225 jacob_bald6225 is offline
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 851
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Been reading through the article you posted on analysing image data and I've spent some time creating an application that can generate a Graal level based on a full-sized level screenshot. I've still not come up with a solution to deal with images covering tiles, light effects and level with layers however, but it's working perfectly for level images that show only tiles.

Here's an image. I've managed to generate the level on the right by taking the level image on the left and analysing it's pixel data, comparing the data with the pixel data for pics1.png. The comparison are made on a tile-by-tile basis, so every 256 pixels (or 1 tile) a comparison is made.

I'll post a build when I've figured out exactly how I'm going to deal with **** like light effects and layers.

The big question-- how long does it take? And I don't think there will be a good solution for dealing with lights or npcs in screenshots.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
Attached is a GMAP file for this level set. (rename it to .gmap to use with gonstruct -- the program I tested it with).

For some reason, Jacob, the first 3-4 levels on the north-eastern side do not work (a1 - d1?), they do not draw anything for me with the given tileset. And what is drawn, it looks like the wrong images are in those locations.

Also, the ZIP file included is missing the level: a4

Thanks again.

Seems I lost level a4 somewhere and the a1-d1 are mountain levels... they would've used a different tileset which I must not have bothered to upload at the time!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Emera Emera is offline
Delterian Hybrid
Emera's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newcastle Upon-Tyne
Posts: 1,704
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
The big question-- how long does it take? And I don't think there will be a good solution for dealing with lights or npcs in screenshots.
It actually takes a tremendous amount of time, but I wasn't expecting anything else. Regarding dealing with tile obscurities though, it has been suggested that I use an algorithm to check for similarities between tiles instead of directly comparing pixel data. Obviously, it's not fool proof and I doubt I'm capable of coming up with something that is, but it's a step in the right direction
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.