Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
The idea is that the game will become free for everybody to play but servers will sell items that seem optional, and are specific to that server, for a small fee.
Ideally the items will be consumable or provide a bonus for a short while so that they can be sold to the same customers again and again and again.

Like all those free korean mmos.
Hmm. Sounds too much like Classic iPhone.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:32 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble13 View Post
It's a system that would benefit Graal a lot, because quite frankly, none of the content is worth paying money for just to be able to play it properly. It would also make people be able to develop on UC servers without having to upgrade for it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
It's a system that would benefit Graal a lot, because quite frankly, none of the content is worth paying money for just to be able to play it properly. It would also make people be able to develop on UC servers without having to upgrade for it.
Being staff on UC playerworlds should have been free all along. The rental and bandwidth of those servers are already paid for by the playerworld owners.
Classic servers don't have owners paying for them so it makes sense for the players to cover that cost.
Tl;dr Paying to develop is just purely greedy double dipping.

Also I still can't see micro transactions working if we still need to buy gelats first. Paying $30 for a bunch of gelats is NOT a micro transaction.
The idea of micro payments is that paying $2 fifteen times seems like a lower cost than paying $30 all at once, and gelats remove a lot of the ease of what should be a very quick and very simple payment.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Also I still can't see micro transactions working if we still need to buy gelats first. Paying $30 for a bunch of gelats is NOT a micro transaction.
The idea of micro payments is that paying $2 fifteen times seems like a lower cost than paying $30 all at once, and gelats remove a lot of the ease of what should be a very quick and very simple payment.
I don't speak for Unixmad, but I would assume that since the gelats at the moment are used for subscriptions, and thus need to be a large amount at a time with it being 300 gelats per month, then with subscriptions gone - much much smaller gelat packs would be offered at smaller prices.

I don't know specifically how the iPhone/iPad/iPod one works exactly, but when I get e-mails from their customers who e-mail the wrong address about gelat packs, they get something like tiny bundles at such a measly and manageable price which, with the removal of subscriptions to be replaced with gelat shops, would probably end up mimicked here.

For a bit of mathematics: With the cheapest subscription package at the moment (2400 gelats for 8 months gold charged at 300 per month, no bonus gelats added), that's around $33US total but just over $4US per month. Pay $4US and get 300 gelats to spend at these Gelat Shops and most wouldn't care about $4US off their backs. Much better than a huge chunk, that's for sure, which would make sense to be set at in these little packs compared to how they are now.

Again, obviously can't speak on behalf of Unixmad.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I don't speak for Unixmad, but I would assume that since the gelats at the moment are used for subscriptions, and thus need to be a large amount at a time with it being 300 gelats per month, then with subscriptions gone - much much smaller gelat packs would be offered at smaller prices.

I don't know specifically how the iPhone/iPad/iPod one works exactly, but when I get e-mails from their customers who e-mail the wrong address about gelat packs, they get something like tiny bundles at such a measly and manageable price which, with the removal of subscriptions to be replaced with gelat shops, would probably end up mimicked here.

For a bit of mathematics: With the cheapest subscription package at the moment (2400 gelats for 8 months gold charged at 300 per month, no bonus gelats added), that's around $33US total but just over $4US per month. Pay $4US and get 300 gelats to spend at these Gelat Shops and most wouldn't care about $4US off their backs. Much better than a huge chunk, that's for sure, which would make sense to be set at in these little packs compared to how they are now.

Again, obviously can't speak on behalf of Unixmad.
Why do they even want to have those additional steps between them and my money though? I just want to click on what I want in the cash shop, have a window that pops up with my credit card number and expiration saved, type in the 3 digit security code from the back of my card and bam, done. That's how I buy phone credit and it takes about 20 seconds, I don't even think about it.

They should be making it as quick and easy as possible to give them money. Gelats are just annoying.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Why do they even want to have those additional steps between them and my money though? I just want to click on what I want in the cash shop, have a window that pops up with my credit card number and expiration saved, type in the 3 digit security code from the back of my card and bam, done. That's how I buy phone credit and it takes about 20 seconds, I don't even think about it.

They should be making it as quick and easy as possible to give them money. Gelats are just annoying.
No doubt. I agree completely. I can't think of any reasons to use currency to buy currency to buy product, either. I haven't spoken to Unixmad directly in over 2 years but I can imagine if I asked, I'd get some kind of brush-off to avoid discussing it.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
It's most likely there so you've got situations like:

Quote:
Get tempted to buy something from cash shop, can't afford subscription with the gralats I have left, upgrade gralats to pay for subscription. Could afford both straight off if it were my own currency involved, but this way I'm spending more money.
Quote:
Oh man I have a few spare gralats left but just not enough for this item, guess I'll buy (way more than I need) so I can get it. Rinse and repeat.
It's done in most other games too, even in places like the Xbox Live Marketplace and WiiWare store.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:58 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble13 View Post
Classic iPhone is a small portion of Graal, you make it seem like its not even part of the whole picture which is Graal. I like the idea
Old 11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Classic iPhone is a small portion of Graal, you make it seem like its not even part of the whole picture which is Graal. I like the idea
Well actually.. PC is the small portion now.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
It's most likely there so you've got situations like:

It's done in most other games too, even in places like the Xbox Live Marketplace and WiiWare store.
Except in those cases I would be more likely to decide to just not buy it, and I'm sure other people would as well.

Another thing that I'd like to see is enforcing that the cash shop items be tradable.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
nop!! real graal always da best platform traitor
Old 11-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Not content wise.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-12-2010, 04:09 AM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
The pay system on iPhone works like this. They sell packs called gralat packs (not gelat as there's no subscription) which gives you either 2500 or 8000 gralats, depending on how much you pay. I personally think it's a rip off, especially because the prices for items are so high these days and buying packs is the easy and fastest to get money. People email you (by mistake probably) because sometimes they don't receive the packs. The system has flaws, but the pricing of the packs is fine. The problem is that the items you buy with gralats are so expensive that you're almost forced to buy the packs. I only hope that doesn't happen here.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:49 AM
Global Banned
Zexon is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Tell me they arent making more money then most ....
Old 11-16-2010, 08:24 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Whatever happens, Classic users better stay classy.
From what it sounds like, trials are going to be promoted to being classic.