Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
so it might actually be a good idea.
Nope.

Computers are some of the most accessible pieces of technology around... if they can't get players to play graal on a computer, I highly doubt they're going to attract them on iPhones, which probably have like, 1/100th(I'm most likely being modest with this) the user base.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 07-09-2008 at 06:25 PM..
Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I am going to purchase an iPhone so I can play idle on Classic while I'm idling on a train.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Empress Door the Unhinged
Door is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to beholdDoor is a splendid one to behold
I'm going to get an iPhone just so I can join communities of people with iPhones, just so I can tell them "Don't bother with that ****ty Graal game, it's a waste of money."
Old 07-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
You are wasting more time into this instead of bringing important updates, for example to gold servers and so on?
And thats where our subscription money goes..

Seriously, graal lacks manpower for that kind of stuff: don't waste your time, there are more important things to do in this game.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
im going to get an iphone so i can argue over mass on un
Old 07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Nope.

Computers are some of the most accessible pieces of technology around... if they can't get players to play graal on a computer, I highly doubt they're going to attract them on iPhones, which probably have like, 1/100th(I'm most likely being modest with this) the user base.
Yes, but there are FAR less games available for the iPhone ... if they get it released this Friday when the App Store opens and people can legally put applications on their iPhone, they could get a LOT of publicity.

Graal could actually be a pretty cool game for the iPhone, they just need to be smart and figure out some way to implement the controls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
im going to get an iphone so i can argue over mass on un
That's a problem with YOU, not Graal.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:42 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Yes, but there are FAR less games available for the iPhone ... if they get it released this Friday when the App Store opens and people can legally put applications on their iPhone, they could get a LOT of publicity.

Graal could actually be a pretty cool game for the iPhone, they just need to be smart and figure out some way to implement the controls.
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean people will settle for anything.

I just don't think this will help Graal enough to justify the effort put into it.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
thats stupid. i dont own an iphone and dont plan on getting one.
It's stupid because you don't own one?

I suggest if you do not plan on owning an iPhone or do not already, then it will concern you very little.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
well im sure that OTHER people dont own one, and dont plan on getting one
Old 07-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
There are also a lot of people with iPod touches and iPhones that will find this interesting.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:01 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
There are people who DON'T own Windows. Why should be be developing a client for Windows, since there are some people that do not own it? That would be silly.

Your logic fails.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:07 PM
So hold on... they were able to make a fully functional client for the iPhone in a matter of months, while the Mac/Linux clients were started YEARS ago, and still apparently not working correctly?
Old 07-09-2008, 08:16 PM
a/s/l
then also havent released the flying stuff yet, nor have they fully fixed vista stuff
Old 07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
So hold on... they were able to make a fully functional client for the iPhone in a matter of months, while the Mac/Linux clients were started YEARS ago, and still apparently not working correctly?
It's extremely easy to port from Mac to iPhone from what I've heard .... plus the Mac client is excellent and just has a few glitches (the new unreleased one of course).
Old 07-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Ah, I guess that's fine. Maybe.