Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStan View Post
Impossible.
Oh, come on. The unicode encoding scheme used by web browsers and applications all over the world was designed by two guys, during dinner, on a piece of paper, and they had it implemented in their operating system on the next monday.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:46 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388 View Post
There's really no way to learn without it.
I managed, and, obviously, so did others.

There's no point in it; it's just a waste of time. They just need to set up a testbed-type server.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I managed, and, obviously, so did others.

There's no point in it; it's just a waste of time. They just need to set up a testbed-type server.
Let's be honest: Did you have access to an RC at the time?
Because the only way I learned was testing my scripts online. That's the best way to learn, and the only way you can be sure you have a grasp on anything.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:48 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
You only learn if you manage to have friends or someone willing to help and let you use their server. Otherwise, you're **** out of luck.

edit: or of course, buy a server

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 07-24-2008 at 07:16 AM..
Old 07-24-2008, 07:12 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
You have to be mageborn to learn GS2, duh.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:45 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
You (Mon Jul 14 18:08:20 2008):

According to Neener, he's said previous times that Graal is coming out with a new version soon. I was wondering with the next release of a newer version, if it could possibly be a GraalEditor (Offline) update as well; so it has GS2 capability and that clientside and serverside would work properly. So you would know that what you've created will work once its uploaded.

---
Opposite (Mon Jul 14 18:21:06 2008):

offline editor will not support GS2 no

You is me and Opposite is Stefan.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Heh, Stefan already posted he won't update ANY of the offline tools... YAY!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
If you can find somebody that knows how to build applications and understands GS2 and Torque, it wouldn't be that hard for them to emulate the clientside part GS2, no? The hard part is finding somebody to do it for free.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
No, I used to write code on a notepad and copy it when I came home.
A while ago when I didn't have an Internet connection for a while, I used to script whole systems offline in notepad, and then bring it on a floppy to a friends house to upload it every other week or so.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Yes it would be that hard
Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Stefan is afraid of reverse engineered private servers even though that already happened.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Heh, Stefan already posted he won't update ANY of the offline tools... YAY!
Which is unfortunate, because the online tools aren't too great. The Mac RC/Level editor is very slow. Part of the reason I quit dev was the lousy tools for it. I was going to make an offline Mac level editor a while back, but decided it wasn't worth my time (hey, it's not my company, and I won't be paid for it).
If I was getting money for it, then that would be a different story.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Which is unfortunate, because the online tools aren't too great. The Mac RC/Level editor is very slow. Part of the reason I quit dev was the lousy tools for it. I was going to make an offline Mac level editor a while back, but decided it wasn't worth my time (hey, it's not my company, and I won't be paid for it).
If I was getting money for it, then that would be a different story.
Ya, it's a dumb move but he has so much confidence in the online tools. We've been trying to get him to change his mind for a while :/
Old 07-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Ya, it's a dumb move but he has so much confidence in the online tools.
As do I. Why? Because it means that we can provide immediate updates to every client on Graal, on every platform, at the same time. That's an incredible bonus because it means that three separate sets of tools aren't having to be released and updated every time a new feature is added. That would be costly in terms of developer time and you would then see less other updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
The Mac RC(/Level editor) is very slow.
How exactly is it slow? I'm guessing it has something to do with being ran on an Intel Mac, since it is very fast for me on PowerPC.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
As do I. Why? Because it means that we can provide immediate updates to every client on Graal, on every platform, at the same time. That's an incredible bonus because it means that three separate sets of tools aren't having to be released and updated every time a new feature is added. That would be costly in terms of developer time and you would then see less other updates.
I don't disagree in the power of the online tools, but I see NO reason to abandon the offline tools. Stefan's not the one developing online tools, so it's not like this would spread his workload anymore than it did beforehand. He could have simply went on updating the offline tools while people like you worked on the online ones.

As for less updates? It's not like there are many updates in the first place... if fewer updates meant an updated editor, dammit, I'll take it.

Tags
centipedes, future in your face, gs2, level editor, machine code, scripting, tom cruise