Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 10:35 PM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillaWonka View Post
Player Auctions? Like slavery? Jeeze Louise, but finally Era has taken a darker turn into society.
Wouldn't be of much value, I doubt anyone would pay much for any of these players...
Old 02-25-2015, 11:00 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I like to think I'd fetch a fair price.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:10 PM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
We had a player auction house back in 2002 or 2003, before the first reset. I got hired as an auctioneer and made a **** ton of money off of coreguns since i found one on the ground and core never restocked them.
I got the free one, and then used the money to buy another one, and then auctioned it again. I remember selling what i called the "Mega Bundle" or something and never even eluded to what was inside.
a guy payed like 2 million for 2 shotguns, 2 handguns, an ak, and 2 uzis XD. I think there was some other odd crap i included too.

This was back when people were spawning money anyway, thus the first reset. It was a pretty fun time though. There was also a black market auction downstairs for selling gang weapons and ppa weapons.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeySprinkles View Post
Wouldn't be of much value, I doubt anyone would pay much for any of these players...
Now about the real topic. Thoughts?
Old 02-27-2015, 12:18 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Whats ppa? troll
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 02-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
It's an old business from Era. You pay them and they protect you. Gangs or players used to use their services when Era was fun.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
My serious thoughts:
We can try it out. Don't think it would hurt. I just for-see problems with people coming to us (like they do now) about paying too much/typing the wrong amount. We'll have to enable some sort of safety net to stop players from bidding too much (maybe a warning if they're X amount over what the current bid is), as well as have strict rules of operation that anyone using the system would adhere to. Sort of a "Use at your own risk" and not allow any of it to be policeable by the PR's/Admins.

Otherwise, not the worst idea I've heard, and like I said we could always try it out for a few days and see how it goes (pass/fail) and go from there.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:26 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeySprinkles View Post
My serious thoughts:
We can try it out. Don't think it would hurt. I just for-see problems with people coming to us (like they do now) about paying too much/typing the wrong amount. We'll have to enable some sort of safety net to stop players from bidding too much (maybe a warning if they're X amount over what the current bid is), as well as have strict rules of operation that anyone using the system would adhere to. Sort of a "Use at your own risk" and not allow any of it to be policeable by the PR's/Admins.

Otherwise, not the worst idea I've heard, and like I said we could always try it out for a few days and see how it goes (pass/fail) and go from there.
Thanks, all i want is for you to try it out and see how it goes. That's how you really see results at the end of the day. So i appreciate you willing to give it a trial period.

Bidding to much isn't a problem, you guys let them do it in the server auction so this wouldn't make a difference. Bidding to much is their own stupidity. However, i do agree that a yes or no option upon bidding should come up to confirm your bid but might be a problem when you want or only have 1 sec left to bid.

I believe this would be a big hit amongst players so definitely give it a run.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
dumb
Old 03-03-2015, 04:26 PM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToreG View Post
I hope we don't end up auctioning players in the future, reminds me of the old PPA system.

What are you even talking about?
Old 03-03-2015, 04:38 PM
is twat censored
Snerdly is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Snerdly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ol_Daze View Post
What are you even talking about?
He must be referring to our "auditions" when we had a building specially uploaded to hold tryouts for new recruits, and you, myself, and Morgoth would destroy people's will to live.

I think that should maybe return, it was the only thing I remember having fun with for 12 years of playing Era. Everyone else had fun with that, right? Everyone had fun with PPA breaking your hearts, your minds, and your souls, right? Auctions? No get out what is this Arrested Development and you're bidding on your own mother? But auditions for membership in PPA? Yeah. Let's do it again.
YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNA TURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_ YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNA TURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_ YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNA TURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_ YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNA TURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_ YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNA TURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_ YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNA TURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_ YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNA TURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_ YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNATURE_HERE_YOUR_SIGNA TURE_HERE_
Old 03-03-2015, 06:09 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
All of the 12 year olds are 20+ and nobody sticks around to die lol i don't get the taboo
Old 03-04-2015, 05:27 PM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Alfonso was here
3/4/15

Also, how much would you guys pay for me in an auction?

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 03-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
You? Jesus.. like, 9000000000 pesos?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
I'd pay 2.4mil, but Koho stole it. Albeit so far legit it seems.