Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Whats your Fave Server?
Graal2001 30 38.46%
Graal Classic [OLD Graal, not current classic] 27 34.62%
N-Pulse 7 8.97%
Unholy Nation 9 11.54%
Atlantis 7 8.97%
Valikorlia 3 3.85%
Mithica 4 5.13%
Shaded Legend 6 7.69%
Enigma Graal 3 3.85%
Other [Sorry only 10 spots] 15 19.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2002, 12:22 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
::laughs::

Vincent you have such a GREAT plan there.. you say people on classic are mad because they don't get all the cool features like on 2k1, and you say that classic people should get those new features.. well, doesn't that COMPLETELY DEFEAT THE POINT OF PAYING?

If classic had all the features that 2k1 could have, no one would ever upgrade to see the lighting effects and play on servers with npc servers on them because ALL the servers would have all the features.. You aren't just paying to play 2k1 when you get an upgrade, you're paying to be able to play p2p servers with all the new features.

Classic used to be fun.. it is no longer fun. Vincent, you can defend it all you want, but I have been playing Graal for about 4 years and I have seen the good days of classic. I go on now to find nonstop pking.. I mean, seriously, pking is fun and all, but doing it for hours on end is not progress.. wow you get more kills.. big whip. I sat in angel clan (infamous pk area) and people just die as soon as they swing their sword once. People attack newbies like it's a sport, and that isn't making new players want to upgrade and play Graal more.

If you step on to classic with a fresh account, you don't know what the heck you're doing.. you manage to finally get gloves to lift up the rocks to get into the world, and then you get killed 500 times before you can blink. All the other people have max hearts, are faster, and stronger, and new players don't stand a chance. I remember when classic was all about guilds, guildwars, and sparring. THAT was fun.. now it is no longer fun.. especially because of all the cheaters. 95% of the people on classic cheat to get the stuff they have, so it's pointless.

When I went on I got a bunch of mass messages, things like "who wantz 2 cybur?" "i jurst peekayed thsis n00b har hra" "whoo wanst 2 join miy gild suprursayenl3e7guyz" "NE gurlz lookeng 4 a b/f?" "i r haxing moness neer teh [email protected]"

Eh, I agree about the fetures, I personally do not want to see Classic with a whole bunch of lighting effects.

You are wrong about the other stuff though, it is very exagerated and outdated, hell, I haven't seen you since you were fired from FAQ there 7 months ago. Please get your head out of your ass and get all the new facts before you make a statment.

PK has seemed to die down a tad since a year ago, not to many people attack newbies anymore, and if they do, they are warded off by Tyhm's newbie saint, this prevents a lot of the newbie killing. A lot of the reform in the beggining parts of Graal as well.
A whole new starting village has been added after onlinestartlocal called Tule Village, teaches the newbies everything they need to know, a lot better than 2001's get your race and pump you out into the clothes shop.

You want proof though?...I have that as well, I wanted to see if the reform had worked about a month ago, I made a new account, new name, new look, just to see how a newbie would be treated. I wasn't killed until an hour into the game, and if I was a newbie, I would have known where to go if I had half a brain. I was treated overall well by the other players.

So please, if you don't know what is going on, please shut up.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-25-2002, 03:24 AM
Vincent_TK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vincent_TK
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
::laughs::

Vincent you have such a GREAT plan there.. you say people on classic are mad because they don't get all the cool features like on 2k1, and you say that classic people should get those new features.. well, doesn't that COMPLETELY DEFEAT THE POINT OF PAYING?

If classic had all the features that 2k1 could have, no one would ever upgrade to see the lighting effects and play on servers with npc servers on them because ALL the servers would have all the features.. You aren't just paying to play 2k1 when you get an upgrade, you're paying to be able to play p2p servers with all the new features.

Classic used to be fun.. it is no longer fun. Vincent, you can defend it all you want, but I have been playing Graal for about 4 years and I have seen the good days of classic. I go on now to find nonstop pking.. I mean, seriously, pking is fun and all, but doing it for hours on end is not progress.. wow you get more kills.. big whip. I sat in angel clan (infamous pk area) and people just die as soon as they swing their sword once. People attack newbies like it's a sport, and that isn't making new players want to upgrade and play Graal more.

If you step on to classic with a fresh account, you don't know what the heck you're doing.. you manage to finally get gloves to lift up the rocks to get into the world, and then you get killed 500 times before you can blink. All the other people have max hearts, are faster, and stronger, and new players don't stand a chance. I remember when classic was all about guilds, guildwars, and sparring. THAT was fun.. now it is no longer fun.. especially because of all the cheaters. 95% of the people on classic cheat to get the stuff they have, so it's pointless.

When I went on I got a bunch of mass messages, things like "who wantz 2 cybur?" "i jurst peekayed thsis n00b har hra" "whoo wanst 2 join miy gild suprursayenl3e7guyz" "NE gurlz lookeng 4 a b/f?" "i r haxing moness neer teh [email protected]"

I dont really care about the NEW features, I just wish they hadnt implemented stuff like Ghost mode to Classic. If you want to pay for some lightning effects and some amusment park server with curuption, thats on you. I agree, Classic did get boring but Graal all around has got boring. Some PK'ers try to kill the newbs, yes, but alot of them just kill anyone whos around them. I dont really believe you about the newb account thing, I made a new account before when i was bored and I had 5 hearts, level 3 sword and the lizard shield in an hour...maybe in an hour and a half. New players to Graal shouldnt be as stupid as to know how to move with the arrow keys, if they are, they deserve to be PK'd. Most of the cheaters left Graal so that 95% thing isnt true anymore unless im unaware of new trainers.

Now about those quotes, you can easily block mass message and they arent as annoying as "Can you support my guild plsp ls pls pls" every 1 minute or "RLMAOLMAORLMAOAMLRMAOMRAL"<-exageration. I really do hate most of these new abreviations you guys make up, soon you guys are going to abreviate whole damn sentences.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:57 AM
Banned
_0AfTeRsHoCk0_ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Role-playing on 2001 has picked up, so I like going there a bit more now...

I personally would like to see the Old Classic back. I don't know how old you are talking about. I started playing Graal about 1 year ago and I remember going on Classic was plenty of fun. Guilds were still heavily emphasized and there were always these wars between east and west, nrth and south etc. Those were great fun

I also remember Undine, "Queen" of Graal. Holy crap, that was hilarious
Old 03-25-2002, 05:01 AM
Tired Sloth
Psyker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Psyker Send a message via Yahoo to Psyker
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Role-playing on 2001 has picked up, so I like going there a bit more now...

I personally would like to see the Old Classic back. I don't know how old you are talking about. I started playing Graal about 1 year ago and I remember going on Classic was plenty of fun. Guilds were still heavily emphasized and there were always these wars between east and west, nrth and south etc. Those were great fun

I also remember Undine, "Queen" of Graal. Holy crap, that was hilarious
I've got a surprise for you.

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...threadid=26219
Old 03-25-2002, 05:37 AM
Minoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to beholdMinoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
[B
I also remember Undine, "Queen" of Graal. Holy crap, that was hilarious [/B]
Undine wasn't on "old classic", I remember her =P, she got banned after someone named "werewolf" caused her to download a trainer that sent him her password, so he got on her account, harrassed people, made some of her followers hate her, and lots of other fun stuff =P
Old 03-25-2002, 06:06 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Psyker

I've got a surprise for you.

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...threadid=26219
Hehe, yes, I read that. I am looking forward to it. It should be fun playing a Classic (no pun intended), I've heard so many good things about it so it'll be interesting
Old 03-25-2002, 06:07 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Minoc

Undine wasn't on "old classic", I remember her =P, she got banned after someone named "werewolf" caused her to download a trainer that sent him her password, so he got on her account, harrassed people, made some of her followers hate her, and lots of other fun stuff =P
Yeah, I know. But for me that was old classic.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:35 AM
is watching you
screen_name is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to screen_name Send a message via MSN to screen_name
Graal2001

*sniff*

*sniff*
Old 03-25-2002, 08:02 AM
Mman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent_TK

soon you guys are going to abreviate whole damn sentences.
HTNABI (Hey that's not a bad idea)
Old 03-26-2002, 12:38 AM
DarkDragon452 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkDragon452
Restoring Old Classic=Great Idea.

Dark Cloud=Funny

This topic=Pointless

That's all.
I killed a team of 3 people I am a "Speed Hacking Noob". --Androk2k2