Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
koth fix

there's something in salesman's koth that needs to be fixed in my opinion. the bases on the bottom of the map have a huge disadvantage to lamers. unfortunately, lc and tachi are stuck down there.

look how much room the top bases have compared to the bottom ones:

top:

bottom:

in the second screenshot it may look like the level continues down, but it doesn't. that's all the room we have.

the problem is that when we exit the base it's really easy for opposing gangs to stand there and lame us when there isn't anywhere else to go other than towards the enemy, which results in you getting shot quite a few times.

either
a. add the exit to the top of the base instead of the bottom, this way the exit is more open
b. move the entire base to the right this way there's an area on the left side of the base in which we can run around to avoid lamers.

option a makes a lot more sense.

despite lc getting lamed throughout the whole event, we still win which is funny, but it would be less annoying if the south bases were editted. thnx
Old 05-16-2009, 11:59 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I agree, I'll make sure Sales sees this.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:14 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Ya, it would work better if you exit the base from the top instead of from the bottom so you aren't trapped in the corner
Old 05-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
horrible idea imo
jk will do
Old 05-17-2009, 04:10 PM
xChugxLifex
I think you should start penalizing gangs that don't play because if there are only 3 gangs in koth it can give a certain advantage to another gang.

think of the west and east wing of the koth base.

LC and BH both enter from the west, Tachi and BB enter from the east.

I'm in LC. when I enter our part of the base, we're met up with BH. there's competition within the west wing since LC and BH both enter through there. BB on the other hand, since for example, Tachi wasn't playing yesterday, they have no competition when entering the base since Tachi was absent.

just something to think about. it's not that big of a deal but still. any advantage small or large is still unfair.

there's no way to fix this problem, but something should at least happen to gangs that don't participate. this is Tachi's 2nd week of not playing koth. inactive much?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
You'd have to remember the main point of gangs is NOT events, its being active on a daily base and etc, which is what I keep trying to reiterate. Events are a "perk", participating is beneficial to YOUR gang.

That being said, I'd prefer to worry about gangs being active on a daily base rather than one point in the week. I'm pretty sure if that is taken care of, your problem would also be inevitably solved. Except, this way, the job is not being done backwards.

Although, at this present point in time, there needs to be more done about scheduling events and setting SPECIFIC times and abiding by that. Which would help lessen the absenses, or alleviate them completely.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:56 PM
xChugxLifex
gang events are still extremely competitive and it's unfair when certain gangs have an advantage. it should be fixed regardless if gang's "main point" aren't events.

I do agree about the scheduling. I'm pretty sure the gang events have been hosted at different times of the day each time they were hosted and it has yet to be consistent. also, they may say it starts at 4 or something but then we don't wind up starting until 4:30. that's really annoying.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:41 PM
xChugxLifex
so can anyone acknowledge if the problem I addressed has been fixed?
Old 06-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
How about we make some sort of tunnel you need to run out from to get outside and only the gang members can go inside "theirs", so basically any other gang can't lame the the other gangs tunnels. Once you're out the tunnel you are outside where anything goes basically. It will stop the laming and all gangs will have the freedom of space once exiting their tunnel.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
xChugxLifex
my fix works fine. that idea would be just a waste of time.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
Also please choose a time, where European players can participate too, since atleast 1/4 of Era's players are from Europe.

Oh and, I liked the "JUSTUSEEVERYTHINGTOKILLEVERYONE-KOTH" way better than this one.