Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 06:36 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
best idea in thread was by pojo, make it randomly drop items. beneficial, very low chance for epic items, gets new guns into economy whether it's needed or not.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
best idea in thread was by pojo, make it randomly drop items. beneficial, very low chance for epic items, gets new guns into economy whether it's needed or not.
And then make a heroic 10 man version of the same helicopter.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I'm not just talking about deleting content. I'm just stating that if theres something you don't like you can at least try and do something about it. Make a ticket, mute your sound, or even edit a gani. Don't just complain about it (that should only be a last resort).
why not complain its not like you staff do anything in the first place so why not give you stuff to do!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:04 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Make a ticket
This is complaining
Quote:
mute your sound, or even edit a gani
Neither of these are good solutions

Complaining gets **** done. Obviously Era is populated by bad developers who are not going to look at anything done wrong or that needs improvement and immediately come up with a superior solution. What they need are blunt complaints from their playerbase that tell it like it is. Especially if that complaint is done out in the open: Other people will respond, agree, and point out more transgressions and short-comings.

Complaining gets **** done.

Last edited by kia345; 10-11-2010 at 05:13 PM..
Old 10-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
This is complaining

Neither of these are good solutions

Complaining gets **** done. Obviously Era is populated by bad developers who are not going to look at anything done wrong or that needs improvement and immediately come up with a superior solution. What they need are blunt complaints from their playerbase they tell it like it is. Especially if that complaint is done out in the open: Other people will respond, agree, and point out more transgressions and short-comings.

Complaining gets **** done.
You tell'm Poojy <3
Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Most of the complaining I've seen on the forums is just some whiny ***** trying to make a staff member or update look bad.

This type of complaining isn't productive at all, and just leads to developers wasting time on something that isn't important just to quiet the complaints (usually something small, and unimportant, like helicopters being too noisy -- cry a ****ing river, please). In the end, said developer ends up burning out after dealing with all of the stupid complaints, or ends up getting removed because he ignores the stupid complaints, thus becoming labeled as a "bad staff member". Yeah, complaining gets **** done.

Chris is a perfect example of how complaining gets **** done.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
if copters being to loud are your main issue you need to straight up die
Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Wait are people really complaining about the sound of the heli's? I just saw non stop ranting and decided not to read the past few pages. If this is true, get over yourself, and quit whining.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Most of the complaining I've seen on the forums is just some whiny ***** trying to make a staff member or update look bad.

This type of complaining isn't productive at all, and just leads to developers wasting time on something that isn't important just to quiet the complaints (usually something small, and unimportant, like helicopters being too noisy -- cry a ****ing river, please). In the end, said developer ends up burning out after dealing with all of the stupid complaints, or ends up getting removed because he ignores the stupid complaints, thus becoming labeled as a "bad staff member". Yeah, complaining gets **** done.

All types of complaining are constructive. Graal is not a polished game, its players are not critics. It's geared to children and casuals as players, and tries to exploit developers be claiming to be geared to them as well. That said, for the game to make a (good) profit, those developers are going to need to cater to the children and casuals; people who aren't expected to have in depth, sophisticated synopses on what's wrong with the game.

"'x' sucks, it's too loud" is perfectly appropriate for Graal. In fact, "'x' sucks" is pretty appropriate. If someone (a dev) can't look at a something receiving complaints and determine what's wrong with it and how to fix it to be better enjoyed, then that someone is not the type of person who should even be in a position associated with players, because obviously they're not on the same wave-length. Let's dumb this down a bit: the helicopter does nothing except randomly flies around the server making noise. Was this a good development decision? Was this an efficient use of time and resources? Why has no one looked at this before and realized it was a useless, tremendous waste of time?

And what of the small things like this single sound on a single gani that rarely occurs? They're still a big deal. Don't try to claim nit-picking such as that is unnecessary. Graal's servers are very rarely positively changed by some overhaul that takes place on a broad scale. If you want to improve the server, you start small. You still work on the big things, but you make sure everyone knows the management will go out of their way to tone down a single annoying sound or fix a minuscule error. If these little things are too much work and nothing more than "stupid complaints", than I shudder to think of how people with that line of thought can be trusted to run Graal's flagship servers.

e. obviously this has nothing to do with Era, or the helicopter, both of which I don't give a **** about, more so directed at the type of incompetent that frequents administration positions in general
Old 10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
****arus
xTcDiabloxTc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post

This man speaks the truth.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I like how I never even said It annoys me personally, I included in the list of negatives (responding to a single persons ideas) "Endless annoying noise".

I don't even have Era sound on because of the instruments being obnoxious...

I however, enjoy seeing these arguments unfold over nothing at all.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:03 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Rogue! I am your champion! DO I NOT PLEASE YOU?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Rogue! I am your champion! DO I NOT PLEASE YOU?
*Gives cookie*
Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post

I don't even have Era sound on because of the instruments being obnoxious...
v6 for mac doesnt have the instrument sounds...

WOOOHOOOO
Old 10-12-2010, 03:16 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
stuff
I agree that even small complaints are valid, and deserve attention from staff, but that wasn't really my point. My point was that most complaints that are brought up on the forums are not intending to fix something within the game, but to call out staff members publicly, instigating some kind of other problem (usually because of personal problems with the staff member).

Nit-picking at tiny little things to make the staff look bad when they don't fix them right away is hardly constructive. Have you ever been a developer on a popular server?

I'm sure I can find countless threads and posts where it's obvious that the poster is just trying to stir up trouble with the server's staff (some within the last few days).