Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 AM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
From what it sounds like, trials are going to be promoted to being classic.
That's not right.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Registered theRapist
Kappa00p2p is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kappa00p2p
Cool

Quote:
From what it sounds like, trials are going to be promoted to being classic.
If this is all true, I would actively start playing again because the playercount would spike so much. I could bring some friends along with me, too.

-Kappa
Old 11-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa00p2p View Post
If this is all true, I would actively start playing again because the playercount would spike so much. I could bring some friends along with me, too.
this^
Old 11-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
In a forum called "Your opinion" I'm going to hide my opinion with white font. Makes sense, no?
Old 11-20-2010, 02:51 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12171217 View Post
Whatever happens, Classic users better stay classy.
I am forever worried that the current Lifetime Classic status will be removed/invalidated somehow.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I am forever worried that the current Lifetime Classic status will be removed/invalidated somehow.
In a way, you're right to be worried about this. Since it is a service no longer provided by the company, they're well within their rights to give notice that they'll all be removed. However, it's been quite a long time since VIP and Classic Subscription were discontinued and yet they remain in play with something as simple as "If you want your e-mail address changed, and you're not currently upgraded to Gold, you will lose it" being the only thing cutting your chances of keeping it, and even then there is that leeway of "and not currently upgraded to Gold" which is quite simple to get around.

All considered, I don't think there are any plans of doing a GraalOnline-wide removal of the subscription. If that were the plan, they'd have done it already. Compared to the Graal#### community, the Classic Subscription community is becoming a minority, slowly but surely. Though, not outnumbered by them yet, it is heading that way. No sense to be kicking the last of us in the gut years down the track with "We decided, it's time..."
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-20-2010, 04:41 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble13 View Post
That's not right.
There isn't really a way around it if they're going to get rid of the subscription system altogether.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Retired Oldbie
MrAnonymous_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I paid $50 for my account 8 years ago under the assumption that I would have a classic subscription for life. And if I am mistaken I bought my account under those terms.

Wouldn't it be illegal in some sense to revoke that?
Old 11-20-2010, 06:20 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I paid $50 for my account 8 years ago under the assumption that I would have a classic subscription for life. And if I am mistaken I bought my account under those terms.

Nothing is getting revoked, if they bring Trials up to the same level as Classic Accounts it just devalues the Classic Lifetime subscription and Gold Subscriptions primarily used for playing on Classic Playerworlds.

Considering terms change you're probably also wrong about that aspect of it as well.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Considering terms change you're probably also wrong about that aspect of it as well.
Nope, there are several legal precedents for almost the exact same case under contract law, as long as the service exists they need to uphold their end of the deal.
To get around it they would need to close Graal down and relaunch it with a new name, or just close down all of the classic servers (they couldn't just relabel them all as, say, "Silver Servers", because you could argue that it's a reasonable expectation that you'd still have access to servers that met the criteria of Classic servers back when you created your account).
Old 11-21-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
There isn't really a way around it if they're going to get rid of the subscription system altogether.
Then what happens to those of us that have a Gold subscription?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:19 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble13 View Post
Then what happens to those of us that have a Gold subscription?
I guess you'd get the gralats you spent on the current month refunded?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
I guess you'd get the gralats you spent on the current month refunded?
Hope so, if that's what's really going to happen.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
i like the idea of free play with cash shops.
seems more profitable by a long run and for some reason it just sounds evil and awesome.
what about being able to use graal$ to buy a gun or sword, also having a much larger cash shop.. I'm not really sure of how much of an 'economic impact' many of the servers would have, but I'm sure there is some sort of a middle ground with it..

i'd think f2p shouldn't be an option, but classic servers shouldn't be changed.
unless they Have to change. . . The Classic / gold is a good thing though, especially with the development servers. That being said can't see how alot of the people who have grown up on this, or played it for more than 5 years are strictly against paying a few dollars to support the servers and further Development of Graal..

i can see y if u have a classic account. idk not really @ all though

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P View Post

that's the attitude bra. I don't think the player count has anything to do with the payment plans. And Or, wouldn't. There is only a lag of quality in some of the servers. My opinion is hypocritical because I can't explain why Zone has empty days at all. Being free game for so long and developing tendency of a 'open community ->staff economic flux' we'll say, so no one would like the idea of change or the idea 'professionalism' brought to most of the servers, anyone playing wouldn't really want that or consider it 'boring'. .

Things have been this way for a very long time, while its fun while it lasts, people know change is long overdue. That the game: graal, Deserves Change. so

i'm not saying everyone should be paying $ to play the game they love. Well I Am saying that. but what i'm really trying to say is idk why graal didn't blow up yet considering it's one of the 'Best Games' i've ever played, i'm sure most of the frequent players could concur ;]. More players to develop more servers more servers to develop more players. beget, beget, beget. I feel like Graal is at a tipping point and tuff decisions need to be made either way so I hope I don't cloud no ones judgment. I'm just trying to toss my 2 C at it u know.

Last edited by defaultaccount; 11-28-2010 at 04:53 PM..
Old 11-29-2010, 09:56 AM
EPiK
vEPiK is on a distinguished road
The 1, 3, 5 option is a good idea. Players will want to TRY the full benefits of GraalOnline (Gold) before auctually paying for a longer period of time. Making these options for PaybyCash users will let them have a fair deal on whether they want to keep playing the game or whatnot. The quality of the game is what will bring them towards the game and keep playing it therefore paying for a longer period of time. Also, if they were to purchase the 8 months option, and the player doesn't like the game, than they won't refer another friend to play the game and then so on and so forth. This is what makes the game grow more and more profitable.

eMail: [email protected]
facebook.com/epikgraal