Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria Bugs and suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-Stravier View Post
Sharing ideas between servers is a good idea. I hate how separated every server is from each other; why do we do that? It's silly how everyone can get at each others' necks over an online video game that we play in our free time. It would be different if it was actual blatant thievery in the way that it's an EXACT copy, but very few things on Graal are like that, really.
I'm not really trying to get at your neck or anything, I'd actually be quite interested in seeing how well somebody else would code a different version, what differences it would have and how it might be improved.

But surely if each of the many different servers were to be offering more or less the same content, then what would be the point in there being different servers exactly?
Wouldn't it be greater for the players to be playing something like this on one server with many other players as opposed to continuing to be fragmented across several servers in smaller numbers?

Especially with this whole movement towards micro-transactions, where people would be having to pay for specific items rather than a full and unlimited subscription I think servers should be striving to make themself more unique, diverse and towards a specific niche.
Otherwise can we really expect people to separately be paying money for the same things on multiple servers?

Having said that, in the highly unlikely event of Graal's subscription policy remaining full and unlimited, but at a much lower price that encourages a high level of playercount globally I'd be inclined to agree with you fully.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:59 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
The server seems to have really picked up lately, and is being developed very rapidly. Are beta testers still wanted?
Old 05-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
The server seems to have really picked up lately, and is being developed very rapidly. Are beta testers still wanted?
A lot of the staff are doing a lot of the beta testing themselves, and we have a few beta testers already :P
Old 05-15-2012, 05:28 AM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
A lot of the staff are doing a lot of the beta testing themselves, and we have a few beta testers already :P
Hmm it may be good to have a fairly large amount of beta testing at some point because some features use more than just a couple people. Not just for seeing if the script works but to see if stuff is balanced properly for the amount of people. A raid may seem challenging with 2 but extremely easy with 5. Might be nice to have beta testers willing to help rather than pulling someone away from their work saying "hey, can you help test this?" and make changes every 5 minutes for an hour until it works.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Staff are the WORST beta testers there are. (Alpha btw for those actually giving a damn to take any notice of, is a different story for obvious reasons)
Do not think that is a smart move by any means.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 05-15-2012 at 05:59 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
First, let's start out with I like the Beta Testers idea, I have not seen any other servers that I have not played on, or are classic do this, and I've seen many things released to the public go wrong.

I think the idea is great, and I think it is absolutely good to do.

Quote:
Who cares if multiple servers have a similar card game?
Quote:
that shouldn't necessarily forbid other servers from having it, should it? At least, I don't think so.
I honestly agree, just because one had the idea functional first does not mean others shouldn't do it. So one server might have a fishing system... does that mean there should not be fish in any other servers?

I can understand if one server has almost everything exactly the same as another server, but something that is semi the same shouldn't be a problem.

This is coming from someone on the outside, unbiased, since I can understand why Thor might not want others to have a system like his, and Alex might feel they have worked on it so long they would want to release it regardless. I think both servers should be able to have it, it isn't the main content of the servers... I hope?

Quote:
Sharing ideas between servers is a good idea. I hate how separated every server is from each other; why do we do that?
I agree to this to, when needed, I'll be asking to use other servers staff members skills, and not actually hiring them should they agree.

Since a lot of staff members might enjoy being staff on other servers, server managers only need the content they can provide, and when some staff members join other servers they are sometimes reluctant to actually do anything.

Since I will be giving credit where credit is due, and I don't want to go through the hiring process, constantly asking staff on many servers if they are busy or have free time, I can just ask if they could do one or two things every once in a while. I have not tried this yet, but when needed it will come to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Staff are the WORST beta testers there are. (Alpha btw for those actually giving a damn to take any notice of, is a different story for obvious reasons)
Do not think that is a smart move by any means.
Once again I agree, possibly not for the same reasons. Although sometimes the same with players...

1. Players and lower staff members may kiss up and not give the feedback needed... (Oh wow, this is so cool.) They may not be testing for problems or errors...
2. Staff members from other servers may either totally put down the work, or not judge it by the errors you are looking for, for instance playability and bugs that go wrong. Since staff members from other servers are usually part of some sort of development, that is most likely the only thing they will look for which might not be worried about at that time. But it depends who you pick too.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
First, let's start out with I like the Beta Testers idea, I have not seen any other servers that I have not played on, or are classic do this, and I've seen many things released to the public go wrong.

I think the idea is great, and I think it is absolutely good to do.

I honestly agree, just because one had the idea functional first does not mean others shouldn't do it. So one server might have a fishing system... does that mean there should not be fish in any other servers?

I can understand if one server has almost everything exactly the same as another server, but something that is semi the same shouldn't be a problem.

This is coming from someone on the outside, unbiased, since I can understand why Thor might not want others to have a system like his, and Alex might feel they have worked on it so long they would want to release it regardless. I think both servers should be able to have it, it isn't the main content of the servers... I hope?

I agree to this to, when needed, I'll be asking to use other servers staff members skills, and not actually hiring them should they agree.

Since a lot of staff members might enjoy being staff on other servers, server managers only need the content they can provide, and when some staff members join other servers they are sometimes reluctant to actually do anything.

Since I will be giving credit where credit is due, and I don't want to go through the hiring process, constantly asking staff on many servers if they are busy or have free time, I can just ask if they could do one or two things every once in a while. I have not tried this yet, but when needed it will come to it.

Once again I agree, possibly not for the same reasons. Although sometimes the same with players...

1. Players and lower staff members may kiss up and not give the feedback needed... (Oh wow, this is so cool.) They may not be testing for problems or errors...
2. Staff members from other servers may either totally put down the work, or not judge it by the errors you are looking for, for instance playability and bugs that go wrong. Since staff members from other servers are usually part of some sort of development, that is most likely the only thing they will look for which might not be worried about at that time. But it depends who you pick too.
I disagree with you, Beta Testers (Players) always complain about something and fiond the most weirdest glitches.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 05-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
I disagree with you, Beta Testers (Players) always complain about something and fiond the most weirdest glitches.
I agree. Delteria has enough Staffs for testing on there own.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 05-17-2012, 08:31 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
If you are saying the most weirdest glitches
shouldn't be fixed, we can agree to disagree.

That is exactly why I find them the most useful,
so I can find glitches I might not ever find myself.

I guess we have different obligations,
I strive to at least try not to have any bugs...

Essentially, for me, they help find the unexpected.

For instance, MattKan came on Shaded Legends after I asked him
to test a few things, whereas he didn't exactly test much, he did
find a few bugs with reconnecting that I wouldn't have thought to
check. I think there was another error with my steps, too, that I had
to fix...

I don't intend on players to constantly walk back and fourth.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz