Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2009, 05:16 AM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
Era Needs Change...

A lot of people say resetting the server is the way to go, but the economic problem will just repeat itself. Era is in a loop. Though resetting will provide a short-term solution to the problem. We are just going to see the same situation sometime later on in the future, followed by another annoying reset . In my eyes, a reset would be pointless unless a plan for a better economic system is developed first.

Here go a couple of my ideas for a better economy on Era:

Fixed prices for guns:
A big reason why the richer players overshadow the other players as much as they do is because they know how to trade well and make a profits off trading. Era should not be mainly a bartering-for-profit server. This is especially true for the newcomers not knowing what to do. How would you feel if you were a new player and your working your ass off spending hours to make 10k, when other players around you are shooting you as soon as you leave 'unstick me' with guns worth 200k, 300k, and beyond? Guns they earned simply by trading and having connections? Gun prices are fluctuating by the week and this is a big problem. For example, weeks back I remember an MP40 was around 70-80k. Today, people are telling me that it is worth about 50k now. Wtf? This is should not be happening. My suggestion is that Era have more gun stores that sell guns with fixed prices. This way people will actually have to work for their money instead of hustling and manipulating other players who don't know any better for profit. And to keep rare guns rare, the NPC-Server can just spawn one or two of these guns every so often, but not enough for the weapon to lose value.

Higher paying jobs:
Lets face it, you didn't mine or pick flowers to earn that 1 mil to buy that Metal Storm (if its even worth a million dollars right now). Newcomers have no idea how to make the good money like the more experienced Era players do. Era could have such a bigger player base if it was more newb friendly. Honestly if I was a new player and I saw how long it took to make just 1k off picking those flowers. I would quit. Which is why I believe jobs should pay a lot more then they do now. This would be compatible with the fixed guns price system as better guns would be more accessible. Current jobs on take way too much time to make good money, and we have a business system that is being used ineffectively.

Better management with guns:
Era needs a lot more guns. Period.

Taxes and Interest:
Periodically, depending on how staff feel the economy is doing, bank accounts should be either taxed or given interest by a fixed percentage. Business safes should be taxed as well. This should help keep the economy in equilibrium.

And a better staff team:
Lets face it we don't have the best staff team.

We are told to contact GP's when we have a problem. But what if the only GP is Squirt? Your screwed aren't you?

Or what about if you have a question PM a FAQ? There have been many times where I have asked a FAQ a question and they had no idea what the answer was."

Levels team? What do they do? I don't see any new levels or quests? Do you?

The events team does an excellent job, no complaints there.

Not trying to bash on anybody or complain but I'm just telling it like it is.

Constructive criticism and more ideas are welcome.

Last edited by Deophite18; 07-03-2009 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: Posting history without permission is against the rules. Don't do it again.