Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Yeah...I never really got into GK though, was so messy, wasnt graal

Old 02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
G2k1 was good until GS2 broke it.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Zxion is on a distinguished road
I have seen so many topics over the years about bringing back 2k1 and how so many people miss it. I'd have to agree that I miss it. It was one of the best MMORPG experiences I've had and haven't found anything like it since. I just don't understand why they haven't revisited it and tried to bring it back officially. There's obviously tons of support for it and people would want to play...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Retired Zone Manager
PowerProNL can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to PowerProNL
Graal2001 brought Graal Online by an insane player count increase, look to the picture of James that he uploaded, some 160 online on a server so nice!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerProNL View Post
Graal2001 brought Graal Online by an insane player count increase, look to the picture of James that he uploaded, some 160 online on a server so nice!
Um... no. It did not bring an 'insane playercount increase'. Before 2k1 Graal was free and actually seeing many more players(around 300). 2k1 was the dawn of p2p Graal, and thus a lot of players were lost because of it. Was it a much larger playerbase back then? Of course, but it did not bring it more players, it just housed the players that actually stuck around and decided to pay.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
zz
XyphosMisery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XyphosMisery
One of my first memories of Graal2001 was being a bomy and not knowing how to stop being a bomy.

Then I found out and had a great time.
}

Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Currently on UN :>
Nomad_P2P will become famous soon enough
There was a way to not be a bomy?? I started G2k1 as a bomy and hated it cause I couldn't be normal =(

So I quit
Old 03-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Graal2001 was too confusing for me so I never had the chance to really get into it and play it.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:34 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I remember having my maximus_asinus account as human, and my darkriders_p2p account as a bomy. BOMY SO CUTE!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNiglet View Post
Graal2001 was pretty much the best time I ever had gaming. Between RPing, playing a bomy, talking with friends, doing events like CS, riding around like a ***** on a drasine, exploring levels, buying hats, fishing, mining, collecting pearls, guild drama, kingdom wars, and everything else? It was amazing.

However, the people made the server. I can never have that kind of environment again online. It was a unique and amazing place. It died when Kingdoms came out, and I remember being so angry at Kingdoms-- 2k1 was amazing, fun, and still alive at the time. Why did they have to kill off what I loved so much?

SIGH
This. Between friend from real life playing and new friends created on the game the atmosphere was something special. I'm not sure that can be repeated.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Because a lot of the developers were dragged over to GK, everything was retooled around GK, help was hired to make GK not suck, and everybody was lead to believe that GK would turn out to be the next big thing.
And for a while it was the next big thing.

There should be a limit on rented server slots to ~5 or less. The fewer places there are for developers to distribute across the more there will be on any given server. All of these nonsensical "under construction" servers just burn out interested workers before they become talented or more capable of pursuing their imagination. They're separated from the community and have less contact with more experienced users. Our important developers are tied up trying to manage their own servers or create fantastic new content.

If there was a solution... a server which can reward developers - effectively maintaining their interest and building a community of talent - while balancing the playing field for regular players. Paying and rewarding developers for their excellence is the most effective way, but the least realistic in the long term. I'm not sure how it could be done, but if someone could figure out a way, I think the results would be fantastic.

If developers earned a percentage of the profit earned from their content being sold in a cash shop it would definitely have the desired effect. Incentive for developers to not only create content, but more importantly, create competitive content.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Always wanted too played old Graal with many people on.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:13 PM
http://wiki.graal.us/
adam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
Always wanted too played old Graal with many people on.
Most of us prabably did. I hated it was always only like 10 ppl on back when. had the world to yourself for a while some nights. so lame.

For development help, contact the patrons of the #graaldt irc channel below, I am usually there.
Click Here to Join IRC Chat Now! -- irc.freenode.net Channel: #graaldt
Quote:
<Dustyshouri> no, RogueShadow is always talking about scripts lol
<Dustyshouri> in fact, he pretty much brought Graal back as a topic single-handedly
Old 03-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I'd just like to add that part of the reason I first subscribed to Graal was so I could ride the draisine on G2k1. That was so long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
G2k1 was good until GS2 broke it.
Blasphemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
If there was a solution... a server which can reward developers - effectively maintaining their interest and building a community of talent - while balancing the playing field for regular players. Paying and rewarding developers for their excellence is the most effective way, but the least realistic in the long term. I'm not sure how it could be done, but if someone could figure out a way, I think the results would be fantastic.

If developers earned a percentage of the profit earned from their content being sold in a cash shop it would definitely have the desired effect. Incentive for developers to not only create content, but more importantly, create competitive content.
I agree with this. Even if the reward is relatively small, something is better than nothing and it would be a great encouragement.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
The main problem with rewarding developers is that the person who would be paying them does not get paid.

For example, I could make a budget for development on a server with my own money. It would be no problem to pay developers under the table for their work (other than that being illegal) other than the fact that I would be ultimately paying for Cyberjoueur's success and benefit and not my own.

Even to pay level designers or scripters something measly like 50 cents per level would be uneconomical. I still would consider doing it, and have considered it.