Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Televangelist View Post
Gotcha. Has anyone ever declined the option of letting their server become 'classic'?

And has anyone been replaced simply because Stefan didn't like their design choices, rather than because they totally disappeared?
No, you'd have to be insane to decline 'classic' status.

Classic status == no more server payments.

Stefan isn't all that involved at the playerworld level, unless you like to crash your server.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
No, you'd have to be insane to decline 'classic' status.
Unless ofcourse you'd simply prefer to wait until your server is more complete and self sustaining, as opposed to having it on the list for the sake of the server being on the list, albeit much harder to deny when costs are involved.

To the OP, if you're looking to emulate Zelda, the server "Classic" is arguably the closest server to it on Graal, believe it or not Graal Online began as Zelda Online and Classic is the latest version of that same original server.
Paying a visit may possibly answer some of your questions regarding NPC interaction and feasibility.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Televangelist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Unless ofcourse you'd simply prefer to wait until your server is more complete and self sustaining, as opposed to having it on the list for the sake of the server being on the list, albeit much harder to deny when costs are involved.

To the OP, if you're looking to emulate Zelda, the server "Classic" is arguably the closest server to it on Graal, believe it or not Graal Online began as Zelda Online and Classic is the latest version of that same original server.
Paying a visit may possibly answer some of your questions regarding NPC interaction and feasibility.
Will do.

I think at this point, I've got satisfactory answers to the basic things I'm wondering about, and I just need to spend a while reading up on the scripting language.

(And just to be clear, what I'm ripping off from Zelda is more the combat than the overall experience. Which is great, since Graal provides that as a more-or-less default!)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
I still am convinced that intellectual property rights are above the TOS and any agreement Graal has. Plus, there hasn't been a precedent of anyone challenging something like that in court.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Televangelist is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
I still am convinced that intellectual property rights are above the TOS and any agreement Graal has. Plus, there hasn't been a precedent of anyone challenging something like that in court.
Well, my wife's a lawyer... But frankly, I couldn't foresee it ever becoming an issue. To charge for your creation, you'd have to port it off of Graal to another system entirely (and there aren't any equally accessible stand-alone systems around, Graal seems significantly more stable and full-featured than Eclipse Origins or NetGore for example)... and if you're going to all that trouble, surely you could be bothered to change the names and settings around a bit?

It sounds like Stefan's a capable and good-natured steward of Graal, which is more than good enough for me.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
And has anyone been replaced simply because Stefan didn't like their design choices, rather than because they totally disappeared?
The PWA has removed managers because of the direction they wanted to take the server, yes. You really won't need to worry about it though, as long as you keep doing your job if your server becomes classic.

Last edited by cbk1994; 08-21-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Old 08-21-2011, 12:53 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
I agree completely.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:22 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Gotcha. Has anyone ever declined the option of letting their server become 'classic'?

It's your choice, when and if, you apply to become hosted (going hosted means you're 'uc' playerworld is basically done and entering beta to work out the bugs and get seen by more player) and when you think you're done with hosted you continue on to apply for classic status. Not sure if you can apply for gold, but I wouldn't recommend it anyways, seeing as that would limit the number of players that could play.

Don't believe anyone has ever been removed for anything other than being abusive or extremely unactive. And that's on classic servers only. You really shouldn't worry about your playerworld being messed with by anyone, including the pwa and stefan lol. You'll likely never even see them unless you request too.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:41 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The PWA has removed managers because of the direction they wanted to take the server, yes. You really won't need to worry about it though, as long as you keep doing your job if your server becomes classic.
We don't commonly remove managers anymore unless they go inactive and cannot be contacted. Any manager is given ample amounts of warnings about their inactivity before any action is taken, and usually it's not removal, we'll just request that the manager adds a "co-manager" to help keep the server running smoothly. What you're talking about was more in the past.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 08-21-2011, 06:55 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Don't believe anyone has ever been removed for anything other than being abusive or extremely unactive. And that's on classic servers only. You really shouldn't worry about your playerworld being messed with by anyone, including the pwa and stefan lol. You'll likely never even see them unless you request too.
They have been. Look at GC, who was removed as Era manager while TSA was head of the Playerworld Administration because he hired staff members the PWA didn't like (to be fair, it was his first day as manager, so I think they would have more restraint in removing a long-term manager).

As Tig said, though, the PWA seems a lot less likely to interfere than they were before. Again, I don't suspect anybody will have issues unless they go inactive.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
We don't commonly remove managers anymore unless they go inactive and cannot be contacted. Any manager is given ample amounts of warnings about their inactivity before any action is taken, and usually it's not removal, we'll just request that the manager adds a "co-manager" to help keep the server running smoothly. What you're talking about was more in the past.
And so UN shall perish.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Kavan
iBeatz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to iBeatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
And so UN shall perish.
I wonder how many warnings Crono has...

Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:54 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeatz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire2001 View Post
And so UN shall perish.
Exactly what I was thinking. Tig and the rest of the PWA need to focus on important issues and solve them instead of worrying about trivial player bans.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Bubble13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeatz View Post
He's still manager?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
How did Master Storm slip past the inactivity rule for so long?