Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Paid Server Pass

I was thinking, a lot of people won't work on my server because they don't have any gold time, and they don't want to upgrade just to work on some playerworld, I was thinking of maybe an addition to the graalonline website along the lines of a "Paid Server Pass" which allows you to pay for gold access to just one specified playerworld, maybe like:

$5 - 3 months of gold time for a specified playerworld
$10 - 6 months of gold time for a specified playerworld
$20 - 1 year of gold time for a specified playerworld

That way people don't have to pay for server(s) they're not going to play, which is something that is keeping people from buying gold time.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Well the 12 month VIP subscription is only 25$, and if I remember correctly I had VIP only for about 2 years and I could get on hosted servers every day, so wouldn't it be better to just buy the 12 month VIP sub? Or just have it cheaper than 20$ for the specific server?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Yeah, but I figured unixmad wouldn't do it if it wasn't generating enough money, especially the 3 month one.
Maybe $1 for 3 months, $5 for 6 months and $10 for a year.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I would pay that if I didn't have Gold+VIP, just to play one server. That seems more reasonable. Although this probably wouldn't happen any how.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
Very good idea.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:01 PM
The Cat
Well I have been trying to get Ol' West done lately and I can't with the lack of staff willing to do old western style graphics, and then the few people who would work, but don't have gold, can't afford it, it would be a lot nicer to be able to make like staff accounts OlWest_GAT1-4 or something and just upgrade them for Ol' West only, that way I could get more workers..

Old 07-09-2007, 11:35 PM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Well I have been trying to get Ol' West done lately and I can't with the lack of staff willing to do old western style graphics, and then the few people who would work, but don't have gold, can't afford it, it would be a lot nicer to be able to make like staff accounts OlWest_GAT1-4 or something and just upgrade them for Ol' West only, that way I could get more workers..
Hmm, you just gave me another idea. It might be cool if you could link Graal accounts, sort of like how you can with IRC nicknames. Linking would mean only the person with the password to the "master" account could change the passwords of the linked accounts. Doing that might make it a little more viable to share accounts for working on a server without having as many problems with stolen accounts.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:58 PM
The Cat
That's a good idea, CheeToS

Old 07-10-2007, 12:26 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Unixmad would probably like this idea more if these said accounts didn't come with classic access either (much like your Admin-Playerworld## account is still a trial on classic servers).
Old 07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
The Cat
That was the idea of it, forgot to mention, zokemon.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Prices would work better like this or similar:

$8 - 3 months of gold time for a specified playerworld
$12 - 6 months of gold time for a specified playerworld
$20 - 1 year of gold time for a specified playerworld
Old 07-10-2007, 03:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
What if there was a system like this:

The owner of any playerworld starts with one slot of 6 months.

They can assign a player to each slot. To change the player on each slot, it costs $5. When you register the server, you get the 6 month slot. It is set to nothing, so no players get it.

Once you find a staff you need, you can give them this slot. They get full access to this server only. After this initial assignment, it costs $5 to change the slot.

You can purchase more slots through this table:
$20 for a 12-month slot
$15 for a 6-month slot
$10 for a 3-month slot

Players could also get on graal.net for example, and go to the playerworld and then buy a slot (if they buy it, they can use it). Otherwise, they can buy it for a friend.

Random idea out of my head :O
Old 07-10-2007, 03:17 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
stuff..
Not sure if I like this idea as much as my initial idea..

Old 07-10-2007, 04:21 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I like all of these ideas.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Not sure if I like this idea as much as my initial idea..
My idea is a bit rough, but it ammounts up to what you had and more.

Prices aren't set obviously ...

Players could purchase one for themselves.
Managers could purchase slots for others.

So basically covered everything.