Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
pretty sure he designed the levels, the guns and the custom graphics. therefor making him the creator.
Zach designed some of the guns as well I'm pretty sure.
Zorg did a lot of the scripting, and then Phayze later updated it all.

I don't think you can say that PPA was created by any one person, which is why it always had a council of leaders.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
let me re-phrase.

he made the original guns, levels and graphics.

yeah he wasn't big on scripting.

and I don't remember a council of leaders :0

ITS WHATEVZ! honestly i hardly remember.

and to good ol dayz yes there was lots to PPA it was awesome. no disrespect i just saw you claiming it and it feel like GP shoulda gotten credit or some cause he was basically a galactic master pimp baller. ( who created lots of stuff for Era as well as many other servers)
Old 01-14-2011, 01:08 PM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
Oh no yeah, I was just kidding. I didn't have anything to do with it being created, I just got in early and stuck around.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
GP had created Core Electronics and designed all the levels. Shockedfrog, ghost and I were in Core Electronics one night when Era had first started and were talking about potential businesses and came up with PPA, not sure which one of actually came up with it. The name actually came from JPA (Jinn's Protection Agency). Shockedfrog didn't stick around for very long. But yes we eventually had a group of leaders at "level 5" or something, Snerdly/TheGuy/PegLeg/Zach were all in the group of leaders. We would have council meetings as well as tryouts for players. It wasn't even meant to be an official business but just some roleplaying stuff we would do, like when they had the Police business and office.

I think TheGuy came around when we were on the radio show, I believe you had to run around Era naked with some weird name in order to get into PPA. This was in our original building, I don't remember who did the levels for that. It was very early on when PPA first started.

Era's main appealing points were the radio and the phones. We would take phone calls in the radio station and then have a radio show with two DJs. I don't think we ever actually protected anyone in the beginning. Eventually Zach turned it into a mega evil cooperation with a private island, and I think we even secretly changed the name of PPA to something evil.

But ya, shockedfrog, ghost and I were not too involved with PPA except for in the beginning, I only have like 100 hours on Era. So the true leaders are people like TheGuy/Snerdly who spent a lot more time developing it as an official business. The beginning of Era was one of the most fun times I had on Graal, the community reminded me of the start-up of Graal2001 as there wasn't much stuff to do but what we did have was something we had never seen before. It relied heavily on community.

-Hooty McBoobity
Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
And now the community sucks.

No offense community.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
thanks for clearing that up McBoobster
Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 PM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
the real leader of ppa was true friendship and the power of love
Old 01-14-2011, 11:54 PM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ol_Daze View Post
laaaame

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 01-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Prinking Droblem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ol_Daze View Post
+rep when possible
Old 01-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
In my opinion, the community is mostly reliant on management. I think it's pretty obvious that the current management doesn't really care for a server or its players. I don't think Chrisz, Angel, Delph, or anyone would've set their RC name to "Not responding to PMs" (like Kinetaro did/does). I understand you have bigger and better things to do, but when you're only on for 1-2 days out of a 3-4 week period, expect PMs from people.

Just need to lead by example. If he people in charge of the server are inactive and don't seem to care much for the server or its players, the community will decrepit (what it's doing now).

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 01-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbarrier99 View Post
In my opinion, the community is mostly reliant on management. I think it's pretty obvious that the current management doesn't really care for a server or its players. I don't think Chrisz, Angel, Delph, or anyone would've set their RC name to "Not responding to PMs" (like Kinetaro did/does). I understand you have bigger and better things to do, but when you're only on for 1-2 days out of a 3-4 week period, expect PMs from people.

Just need to lead by example. If he people in charge of the server are inactive and don't seem to care much for the server or its players, the community will decrepit (what it's doing now).
I disagree. From what I know, Kinetaro does it for humor and for satiric purposes. If you PM him, he responds.

I don't think that's necessarily true. The staff team isn't nearly as inactive as you're saying it is. All the staff members whom I have spoken too are very responsive and although I may not agree with some of them, have the end goal for the betterment of Era.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 01-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Registered theRapist
Kappa00p2p is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kappa00p2p
Just logged in to Era. Still have my PPA badge. Aww yeee.

-Kappa
Old 01-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkler View Post
I disagree. From what I know, Kinetaro does it for humor and for satiric purposes. If you PM him, he responds.

I don't think that's necessarily true. The staff team isn't nearly as inactive as you're saying it is. All the staff members whom I have spoken too are very responsive and although I may not agree with some of them, have the end goal for the betterment of Era.
how can u disagree when its ****ing blatantly obviously that not **** has been done to era over the past what 2 years now
Old 01-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Registered theRapist
Kappa00p2p is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kappa00p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
how can u disagree when its ****ing blatantly obviously that not **** has been done to era over the past what 2 years now
Most of the good developers left Graal because you have to pay to develop a server. There is 0 incentive for developers to shell out cash to make a server.

-Kappa
Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 PM
elite_master is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa00p2p View Post
Most of the good developers left Graal because you have to pay to develop a server. There is 0 incentive for developers to shell out cash to make a server.
Wow yay someone understands finally