Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 07:25 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I think Cyan said this in a much easier way in the post before you.

Either way

1 Tigairius Graal Admin :As if he's not busy enough already, and whats with the title?
2 Xor Xor Playerworld Administration :uh...has he done anything except continue to work with zodiac?
3 Bell Bell Playerworld Administration :yay....owait you dunt develop.
4 TSAdmin TSAdmin Playerworld Administration oes he still play graal? Havent seen him in ever.
Well, as far as the "Graal Admin" rank goes, if you notice all other global teams there is a "Graal Admin" rank, which is the default leader rank. That is just there for the sake of consistency and should be taken loosely and not so literally. The global staff team is not a group of people battling to be a higher rank, technically we are all "Graal Admins," it doesn't really matter.

Xor has been doing extensive work as a PWA, including handling tickets for Zodiac, but resigned his position on Zodiac so he can focus more on PWA-related duties. How he spends his time on Graal not answering tickets is his decision and shouldn't be held against him.

Bell doesn't need to develop to manage the team because she is helping to manage the team. You don't need development skills to recognize skill and talent and that is something that she is definitely able to do in her several years of service and experience on Graal.

TSAdmin still reads tickets and responds as much as he can and works hard to help support the PWA team and the represent the rest of the players.

---- In response to expressed concerns about some members of the team: it is as simple as this-- if you are useless then you will be removed. If you expect servers to pay you for your work, and you do not go through us (the PWA), you will be removed. And most importantly, if you abuse your tag in order to gain access to things to which you do not need, then you will also be warned/removed from the team. Abuse won't be tolerated, and if you are using your tag to threaten people into doing things, or using it to scam in any way, you will be removed without reservation and possibly globally banned for the behavior.
If you get banned while being a member of the team then a review over your behavior and work habits will be done and depending on the situation you will not be in the team very long.

All this aside, it should be a fairly relaxed atmosphere, and you should try to enjoy the position more than anything, just don't abuse the responsibility and don't ignore it.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
I believe Stefan considers it a Development Platform.
I don't care, Graal is a game and has taken a fall ever since CJ began thinking it's a development platform when it's not. The sooner you people understand this the sooner we can improve our game, or just let it rot, your choice.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Once again I will try to answer all your questions/concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
I would elaborate but I don't think the mods would approve of it being discussed here. Although I am sure Bell, Tig, & TSA all know what I am referring to.
This thread is not being heavily moderated. Valid points are being permitted since we are discussing forming a global team. Or, as Cyan said, you could send me a forum pm. I'd prefer not to assume whom all you're referring to since there are several people with questionable pasts in the list. By the way, I thought you were quitting for a year or so?

Quote:

1 Tigairius Graal Admin :As if he's not busy enough already, and whats with the title?
2 Xor Xor Playerworld Administration :uh...has he done anything except continue to work with zodiac?
3 Bell Bell Playerworld Administration :yay....owait you dunt develop.
4 TSAdmin TSAdmin Playerworld Administration oes he still play graal? Havent seen him in ever.
5 Vulcan Vulcan Advanced Development :doesnt really touch graal...really shady...
6 fowlplay4 fowlplay4 Scripting :very busy with zodiac, willing to bet he'll answer questions rather than dev.
7 Elk Elk Graphics :I'm 99.9% sure elk will make no contribution at all to anything unless paid.
Tig is the guilds admin and had to be the one to set it up in the first place. He answered your question on the title.

Xor is still helping with the transition of his replacement there. This has not interfered with his duties as a PWA and doesn't hurt the Playerworld by removing a high staff of theirs and leaving them high and dry.

Bell: You're right, I don't develop although I DID develop so I'm not entirely clueless to the process. My role here is purely to get it set up and rolling. After that I will back off and let the team run themselves.

TSA: He's Australian, chances are he's asleep when you're awake.

fowlplay4: Time will tell but there will be those that are willing to develop but abhor answering questions so regardless of his involvement it will still benefit Graal.

Vulcan: Advanced development will be the ranking (for lack of a better word) used for members that can add new members to the team and General development will be used for members that have multiple skills. These could actually be changed as we found to be necessary but the original setup was to help determine who did what so we could try to fill in the gaps on missing skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
/me is waiting for these application forms.
Working on it. Just spending a lot of time trying to also respond to everyones concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I don't know about Vulcan, but Bell said the PWA were added by default because they are administrating the team.
Thats correct. Since they will be a subdivision of the PWA it just made sense to have them included for the sake of continuity.

Quote:
That sounds like strenuous work! ;p I know that sounds mean, but does that really deserve a special title, for planning, while the people who actually do what this guild is for probably just get a thank you?
He's just the only one in that ranking right now. I think you're considering this as a rank like in a normal guild but the ranks themselves are just being converted into departments based on skills. All are of equal rank and rights with the exception of Advanced which can add members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Just wondering, is Skyld really not going to be involved in this?
He better be or I'll hunt him down and kill him. He got me into this in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I think the biggest "problem" with the GDT is that it doesn't work like the old global development (GST, GGT) positions worked. Oh, and I disagree with some of the GDT member's ranks.
Why do you think I brought this to the forums in the first place for advice. I wasn't involved in any of the old teams so really have no idea how they worked. My intent although everyone has failed to remember was to ask for advice on setup and implementation of it.

Ranks can be changed, this was set up for organizational purposes. What do you feel isn't appropriate on them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Weren't ran by the PWA, were more free, and had more access.
When they can run themselves the PWA won't be running it. We will be a team cooperating with each other for the betterment of Graal. Past members of the former global teams are responsible for the rights reduction. Those rights will have to be earned back by the new team. It didn't hit just the GDT, it hit the PWA as well. In a former life I would of had a level 4 rc and lifetime everything, while I currently have a level 2 globally and get a year of gold at a time while I am still working. I live with it and do what I can with what I have and don't bother worrying about what was the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
Because from what I know of him, his attitude is bad.
Duly noted, one thing this team will have to remember is to keep their ego's in check and their anger management issues outside of Graal. If they don't always get their way they are free to find a place to develop outside the global team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
I would be interested in hiring and project coordination, if the aim here is to work on community-benefit projects. Lately my interest has been on tools like in-client editors and such, which could definitely be worked into future RC client updates.
Project coordination would be especially helpful. I know there are a flood of ideas out there that would need someone to get all the right people together to get them moving and keep them moving.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
I guess there isn't too many Level Artists interested in the GDT team.
So I guess I reckon' I might as well be.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I guess there isn't too many Level Artists interested in the GDT team.
So I guess I reckon' I might as well be.
I'm sure there is a great deal of people who still don't know about this new Global Development Team. I wouldn't want you to join just because not many level artists have joined yet.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
This thread is not being heavily moderated. Valid points are being permitted since we are discussing forming a global team. Or, as Cyan said, you could send me a forum pm. I'd prefer not to assume whom all you're referring to since there are several people with questionable pasts in the list.
Oh alright. Well even so, I really don't think there is anything I could tell you that your not already aware of. I can just simply remind you of it. I think Vulcan is a poor choice. Even if he has Dev skills that shouldn't outweigh his behavior and what he has done in the past.

I don't think he should have anymore chances really. He is a vindictive person and has a huge temper. On one hand you could say the same about Tig's past but he is a calm person who isn't controlled by their emotions, and the chances of him relapsing into his old ways are unlikely. Vulcan is the opposite and the chances of him causing problems on the team is an eventuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
By the way, I thought you were quitting for a year or so?
Yep, end of summer.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 08-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
Happy to help
Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
I can't wait to get started!!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Even if he has Dev skills that shouldn't outweigh his behavior and what he has done in the past.

Vulcan is the opposite and the chances of him causing problems on the team is an eventuality.
I'd like it if you could elaborate on what he has done in the past, and on what possible problems he can cause on the team. Considering the way the team is configured, I don't see many (or any) ways he could be causing problems.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Graalian Stallion
Quote:
I'd like it if you could elaborate on what he has done in the past, and on what possible problems he can cause on the team. Considering the way the team is configured, I don't see many (or any) ways he could be causing problems.
He is the reason HoudiniMan really quit. Although he left that out of his farewell thread. You can get the details from someone else. I don't want to start a flame war.
Mass message:
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
He is the reason HoudiniMan really quit. Although he left that out of his farewell thread. You can get the details from someone else. I don't want to start a flame war.
Oh dear.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
List updated Imp, thank you for your support. We are still debating a levels department but as I've said before. I would prefer to not get into too many specifics of team duties and subdivisions needed until the team is formed and they can be involved in that process too.

As far as Vulcan goes, the prior drama with Houdini has actually already been discussed. For the record they used to both p*** me off on a regular basis. It was a personal problem between them and had been for years. I'm just unsure of how these actions would affect the GDT in the future.

There are very few members of the GDT team that aren't vindictive in their own right when pushed to a wall. If they can't keep their personal issues out of the GDT they will be removed and if they do decide that they are going to let loose and do something they shouldn't. The punishment will be severe. This is a global team and they will be expected to act like it.

If Houdini were to return and wanted to be involved in the team I would treat him the same as I do Vulcan. There was fault from both sides of the fence and both would bull headed and stubborn. Just like the majority of the Graalian population
Old 08-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I don't have problems with Vulcan anymore, hes nice to me and I like everyone who is nice to me

Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Incubator
Quote:
If you're going to go making claims about somebody you sure as hell better provide details rather than leaving it up to someone else.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Graalian Stallion
Quote:
If you're going to go making claims about somebody you sure as hell better provide details rather than leaving it up to someone else.
I don't need to explain anything to you. The powers that be people already knew what I was talking about
Mass message:
-Sting

Tags
global, global development team