Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 03:14 PM
dbug will become famous soon enough
good job draenin... keep up the work
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 PM
mewtoo18 is on a distinguished road
looks nice
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Keep up the work man
Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
good job draenin... keep up the work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Keep up the work man
I am, thank you.

I've started the routine of making one new dungeon a week, and I'm actually two ahead of schedule at the moment. Our 7th dungeon is next. By the time we reach 10 dungeons, I'll have one available for each of our overworld gmaps.

If anyone is interested in sitting down for a few hours one day to make a dungeon with me, they're fairly small and easy to complete. Each one consists of about 25 maps at the most, and we use a custom tileset that is much easier to work with than the default tiles. I have also been working with new types of puzzle and trap systems that can be added to dungeons to increase their difficulty and complexity, and we'll continue to add more to that list over time. All of the editing is done online so you can work collaboratively with more than one person on each map, and it tends to get done way faster as well.

In addition, our database tables are filling up more quickly now, so if you consider yourself a kind of 'idea person' and you're interested in working on actual game content like monsters, items, gear, quests, pets, mounts, and so on, now would be the best time to apply for such a position. Once I am happy with the content we have, chances are I'm going to be saying 'no' a lot to people who want those kinds of things to be changed later on. So be advised, that ship is about to sail.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Thixus S. Fevian
CharZAK is on a distinguished road
not sure what you wanted me to do...not sure what a bump post is.....
Old 10-23-2013, 09:45 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharZAK View Post
not sure what you wanted me to do...not sure what a bump post is.....
Do I smell an update from Draenin coming, or?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Do I smell an update from Draenin coming, or?
Yeah, pretty much. I don't like bumping my own threads with a double-post if I can help it.

Still looking for some assistance with getting the second half of our game content done. The positions I've listed before are still open, but now we have a fair amount of the work already done.

This year we're trying to focus on getting the maps filled out, as well as getting information into our database. (Like monsters, quests, items, gear, etc.) After that, everything basically just needs to be scripted to work properly with the player menu and everything will be mostly prepared for launch.

So I really need some people right now who are willing to work on maps with me especially, because last year I worked on terraforming about 10 island gmaps and 30 dungeon layouts that are currently kind of empty, and we need to fill them with objects. I'm also working with a brand new tileset for our dungeons which we'll improve over time, and currently trying to add detail to lots of levels.

There are some screenshots below which kind of show where we're at currently, but it won't all look 'put together' and impressive until we get all the objects in, which is what I want to get accomplished.

I'm really not the best at levels or graphics or anything really, but I'm still getting stuff done almost every day. Even if it's small projects.

And I could really use a hand because things get done faster that way. I like co-op editing levels with people, because the levels usually turn out better. We're always taking submissions for objects and items as well, and if you consider yourself to be a person with good ideas, we will need help getting the rest of the pre-launch content information put in.

So if you'd like to join me, just shoot me a forum PM or a message when I'm on RC. There's a good possibility we could get to closed beta by the end of the year, but that's really a matter of whether or not enough things get finished. Right now we're at roughly 60% completion, so it's very possible to get everything ready for the transition to Hosted status.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1382623431.png
Views:	118
Size:	684.8 KB
ID:	55520   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1382623380.png
Views:	130
Size:	695.6 KB
ID:	55521   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1382622484.png
Views:	117
Size:	592.4 KB
ID:	55522   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1381906241.png
Views:	130
Size:	517.1 KB
ID:	55523   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1381906254.png
Views:	124
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	55524  

Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1381906471.png
Views:	116
Size:	655.6 KB
ID:	55525   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1382624561.png
Views:	117
Size:	868.2 KB
ID:	55526   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1382624742.png
Views:	122
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	55527   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1382624497.png
Views:	125
Size:	697.5 KB
ID:	55528   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1382626718.png
Views:	114
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	55529  

Last edited by Draenin; 10-24-2013 at 03:03 PM..