Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2008, 10:37 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
OpenGL

Please, fix the mouse wheel support on OpenGL so I never, ever have to play Graal with DirectX again.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-29-2008, 10:57 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Agreed, though it works fine on Mac.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:41 AM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
It's strange how a graphics library can affect the behavior of peripheral input.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:56 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
It's strange how a graphics library can affect the behavior of peripheral input.
It doesn't, I believe it just has certain issues with Graal.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Unless it has something to do with DirectInput not being used in OpenGL mode, perhaps. I don't know how Graal captures input data.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:06 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Unless it has something to do with DirectInput not being used in OpenGL mode, perhaps. I don't know how Graal captures input data.
Obviously. What I'm saying is that it's misleading to say "this problem occurs on OpenGL".
PHP Code:
ldd /usr/bin/graal
        linux
-gate.so.1
        libfmod
-3.75.so
        libGL
.so.1
        libXt
.so.6
        libXcursor
.so.1
        libXxf86vm
.so.1
        libgcc_s
.so.1
        libpthread
.so.0
        libc
.so.6
        libdl
.so.2
        libm
.so.6
        libX11
.so.6
        libXext
.so.6
        libSM
.so.6
        libICE
.so.6
        libXrender
.so.1
        libXfixes
.so.3

/lib/ld-linux.so.2
        libXau
.so.6
        libXdmcp
.so.6 
Old 03-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Obviously. What I'm saying is that it's misleading to say "this problem occurs on OpenGL".
PHP Code:
ldd /usr/bin/graal
        linux
-gate.so.1
        libfmod
-3.75.so
        libGL
.so.1
        libXt
.so.6
        libXcursor
.so.1
        libXxf86vm
.so.1
        libgcc_s
.so.1
        libpthread
.so.0
        libc
.so.6
        libdl
.so.2
        libm
.so.6
        libX11
.so.6
        libXext
.so.6
        libSM
.so.6
        libICE
.so.6
        libXrender
.so.1
        libXfixes
.so.3

/lib/ld-linux.so.2
        libXau
.so.6
        libXdmcp
.so.6 
"The problem occurs when OpenGL is in use", I guess is a better way to put it then.

None the less, the Windows client does not use OpenGL by default (unless in Graal3D mode). It's a command-line option to use OpenGL anyway, and if this problem only occurs when OpenGL mode is in use, it suggests there is some handling difference between DirectX and OpenGL.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:32 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
None the less, the Windows client does not use OpenGL by default
But of course, some people use it because it's faster for their system.
Quote:
It's a command-line option to use OpenGL anyway, and if this problem only occurs when OpenGL mode is in use, it suggests there is some handling difference between DirectX and OpenGL.
Not sure how command line and this problem go together, except that Graal is run in OpenGL through the command line (easy tip: modify your shortcut to have -opengl at the end).

Linux & Mac both use OpenGL and neither have a problem with this.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:30 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
But of course, some people use it because it's faster for their system.

Not sure how command line and this problem go together, except that Graal is run in OpenGL through the command line (easy tip: modify your shortcut to have -opengl at the end).

Linux & Mac both use OpenGL and neither have a problem with this.
Linux and Mac don't use the same input methods . Unlike directx, OpenGL only handles rendering.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:09 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Linux and Mac don't use the same input methods . Unlike directx, OpenGL only handles rendering.
Really, didn't know that ;o
Old 08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
*bump*
I'm using Windows XP and the mouse wheel doesn't work for my Qmenu on GK when running openGL please fix this I love openGL

Old 08-23-2008, 09:43 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I would use OpenGL aswell if it would run faster on my system (Windows XP SP2, though I think the wiki says it runs slower on some machines.. still sucks) and if the font stuff would be the same as in DirectX mode. You know, zoom, bold text, and so on.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:46 PM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I would use OpenGL aswell if it would run faster on my system (Windows XP SP2, though I think the wiki says it runs slower on some machines.. still sucks) and if the font stuff would be the same as in DirectX mode. You know, zoom, bold text, and so on.
I don't care about the font, but OpenGL runs lightning fast for me, DirectX is slow and jumpy. The only reason I use DirectX is because I need my mousewheel -_- I sort of built this computer for optimized Linux performance but I'm not using Linux on it atm.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:55 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The next version will have the same input system for both modes, so it should work better, but needs to be tested.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:34 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The next version will have the same input system for both modes, so it should work better, but needs to be tested.
Then gimmeh, I can test.