Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Asst. Manager of GA
InfamousPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to InfamousPride
What Would You Like To See?

As many of you may know Apocalypse has been under construction for a bit now and we now have a steady stream of development. We have many great ideas we want to implement into the system, (reference here for more information: Apocalypse), but we also want to know what the community wants to see in a new server as well.

It is extremely important to me and my team to appeal to the community as much as possible.

So blast away, any critiques/suggestions/ideas are encouraged and appreciated.

Thank you,
Infamous
Old 12-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
So you depend in the creative source of players longterm? How would this work?

Old 12-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Depend? I don't know. Pooling the current community, yes. I think he is trying to get idea's that wen't ignored on Era or Zone that you would wan't to see for examples. Or just idea's you wan't to see.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
No I am not depending on the players for anything, as scriptless knows we already have a lot of the gameplay fleshed out and just needs coded. I want to know what the community would like to see in a server though so if the community says they like things a certain way and we planned to do it another we may rethink that approach.

For example: We consider having no sparring at all on the server. (Strictly example.) But, for the sake of the example, lets say the majority of the community enjoys sparring, then we would most likely reconsider adding sparring to the server.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
The ideas that were ignored on Era were **** ideas to begin with.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
The ideas that were ignored on Era were **** ideas to begin with.
Well then so be it, I'm not relying on this I just want to know what people want.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Banned
foxstar70 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to foxstar70
It's not a good sign that you are requesting input and ideas from potential, future players. Especially since the server hasn't even gotten off the ground yet.

It's evident you are an incompatible server manager, try to make the right decisions in the sense that if this is the right kind of occupation to pursue for yourself.

My 2 cents.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxstar70 View Post
It's not a good sign that you are requesting input and ideas from potential, future players. Especially since the server hasn't even gotten off the ground yet.

It's evident you are an incompatible server manager, try to make the right decisions in the sense that if this is the right kind of occupation to pursue for yourself.

My 2 cents.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I believe public opinion is very important in how a server forms. If you do not provide players with what they want, then why would they want to play your server?

Edit: Also how is it bad sign? We want to provide the players an enjoyable experience is that a criminal offense now?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned
foxstar70 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to foxstar70
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousPride View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way, I believe public opinion is very important in how a server forms. If you do not provide players with what they want, then why would they want to play your server?
You are reaching out to an entire public with a broad spectrum of tastes and interests. Which makes it ridiculous, and would - realistically speaking, give you the idea of making a server along the lines of medieval vikings fighting pokemons with light sabres.

I'd suggest getting a clear picture of what YOU, as a server manager, would like to see in a server and implement that. This way it'll be much easier to sustain interest and actually drive the project to completion rather than having it wither in abandonment.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Asst. Manager of GA
I don't think you understand what I'm actually asking for, and I don't understand the hostility either. We have the ideas, pages of them. We want to know, before everything is scripted into place, if there is something different the community would like to see. Now I understand the community as a whole has very many different tastes, which is why I linked to my forum post. If someone is into RPG style servers like Zodiac they probably would have moved on, while someone into more modern style servers might have a few things they may like or not about current ideas.

We have a very clear picture of what we want, it's whether or not the community will enjoy it.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:05 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
People don't know what they want, it's your job to make something they'll want to try and hopefully get hooked.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Asst. Manager of GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
People don't know what they want, it's your job to make something they'll want to try and hopefully get hooked.
I'll give you that.