Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
You can still use global guilds, I'm pretty sure, but it's not likely that they'll get to use the aforementioned 'Clan Shop' when it actually happens.
No the global guilds were disabled almost a week ago due to the introduction of clans. Don't believe me logon and try. Nico also told me this.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
There are no restrictions on clan names, of course for obvious exceptions like vulgarity and duplicating kingdom names / staff titles.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
No the global guilds were disabled almost a week ago due to the introduction of clans. Don't believe me logon and try. Nico also told me this.
All servers are kind of down right now.

Kind of dumb to turn them off since they won't be a part of the clan system anyway, but whatevs.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:23 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
All servers are kind of down right now.

Kind of dumb to turn them off since they won't be a part of the clan system anyway, but whatevs.
We disabled global guilds to go with one system on GK, which are the Clans. Later on we will also reward Clan activity and such. Same with Kingdoms which will get more Resource rewards which will cause more activity aswell there.

The main reason we added a clan system is for the facebook release soon. So players can actually form a clan without using the global guild system since its not up to date. Also players do not have to upgrade gold anymore to play Graal.
A clan is not really expensive, 120 NCs is a fair ammount. You can even gain them in game with several features, like Plat-Nihil exchange or selling IWDs/EAs to the NPC Vendor in the Nihil Shop.
We try to make Nihils also obtainable in game, we are not forcing people to buy from the cash shop. It is every players own decision if they want to spend money or not.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 07-18-2014, 06:42 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
We disabled global guilds to go with one system on GK, which are the Clans. Later on we will also reward Clan activity and such. Same with Kingdoms which will get more Resource rewards which will cause more activity aswell there.
Yeah, I understand why it was done. I just think it's kind of unfortunate that globals are being totally disabled now.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I was disappointed when I heard global guilds were being disabled as well, also if that's the GUI used for PC Graal Kingdoms, it doesn't really seem to fit the theme?
Old 07-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Yeah, I understand why it was done. I just think it's kind of unfortunate that globals are being totally disabled now.
As of right now only 3 servers support global guilds. Zodiac, Unholy Nation and N-Pulse. Tho N-Pulse died and efforts are being made to bring it back (it's currently UC right now and on someones personal dev server).

I am not quite sure if you can or cannot create guilds with the website being in it's current state. I do however know you can still join and leave guilds freely, that part of the website still functions perfectly. I am quite dissapointed. The main reason this 'grinds my gears' is because now if I logon I will have more people harassing me "put your tag on" and since I can only wear 1 tag... well yeah. I did suggest to nico theres no legitimate reason for a need for a kingdom tag as long as all the members know who each other are. Like an icon by the players name and a rescripted F7 would be pretty cool. It would also give kingdoms the illusion that there more active because of such but could be tricky to pull off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
if that's the GUI used for PC Graal Kingdoms, it doesn't really seem to fit the theme?
I personally do not think the theme fits. But honestly Kingdom's GUI choice's seem to be fragmented. Theres different GUI's for the freebies, main inventory, kingdom rewards menu, and clans. I think there might even me another gui they use too. Would be cool if we could come up with 1 really good universal theme.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I am not quite sure if you can or cannot create guilds with the website being in it's current state.
You can, it's just a bit pre-historic haha.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134269341

Quote:
I did suggest to nico theres no legitimate reason for a need for a kingdom tag as long as all the members know who each other are. Like an icon by the players name and a rescripted F7 would be pretty cool. It would also give kingdoms the illusion that there more active because of such but could be tricky to pull off.
Very interesting concept. Still not sure how I'd feel about a change like that though. What's the point in ranking up in a kingdom if you don't get the badass title to show for it?

Though most kingdom leaders don't enforce the use of RP names anymore-- still, kingdom tags are the only strand of RP left on the server. I'm not sure what sort of crazy clans are going to be made in the future, but it's hard to picture "Joe Momma (Hood Killahz)" to be taken very seriously as a Samurai or a Pirate haha.

I do agree with you though, if there's going to be clan wars/shops etc-- then a way for kingdoms and clans to co-exist needs to be considered. I can see Kingdom activity dying down (even more-so) with incentive for clan activity.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
You can, it's just a bit pre-historic haha.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134269341

Very interesting concept. Still not sure how I'd feel about a change like that though. What's the point in ranking up in a kingdom if you don't get the badass title to show for it?

Though most kingdom leaders don't enforce the use of RP names anymore-- still, kingdom tags are the only strand of RP left on the server. I'm not sure what sort of crazy clans are going to be made in the future, but it's hard to picture "Joe Momma (Hood Killahz)" to be taken very seriously as a Samurai or a Pirate haha.

I do agree with you though, if there's going to be clan wars/shops etc-- then a way for kingdoms and clans to co-exist needs to be considered. I can see Kingdom activity dying down (even more-so) with incentive for clan activity.
Actually RP elements are more exp based, leveling up, stats systems, ect.. i generally prefer Action Adventure over RPG. You're right the ranks would be messed up if that happened. Tho I guess you could show a badass icon next to the players name for what kingdom there in. That could be cool. You know like how Blizzard does ranks on Starcraft 2 maybe. Was just a thought.

But I see the biggest problem being clans watering down kingdom tag time and viceverse.. Which in itself kinda means you wont be wearing your rank anyways.. I just kinda feel like clans are kingdom version 2.0... so now we have more kingdoms then ever without the playerbase yet to support it. And hopefully we can gain a dozen or so more people when we release on facebook.

It's really a tough one. Guilds do deserve some sort of benefits like what clans offer but doing it on a global scale then becomes much harder to deal with so limiting to server only guilds makes sense a little. But at the same time what exactly is a clan besides a kingdom in itself without it's own island and without controlling pk and who you can hurt.

This is going to be an interesting thing to watch imo. Let's see how it turns out, hopefully for the best.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Actually RP elements are more exp based, leveling up, stats systems, ect.. i generally prefer Action Adventure over RPG. You're right the ranks would be messed up if that happened. Tho I guess you could show a badass icon next to the players name for what kingdom there in. That could be cool. You know like how Blizzard does ranks on Starcraft 2 maybe. Was just a thought.

But I see the biggest problem being clans watering down kingdom tag time and viceverse.. Which in itself kinda means you wont be wearing your rank anyways.. I just kinda feel like clans are kingdom version 2.0... so now we have more kingdoms then ever without the playerbase yet to support it. And hopefully we can gain a dozen or so more people when we release on facebook.

It's really a tough one. Guilds do deserve some sort of benefits like what clans offer but doing it on a global scale then becomes much harder to deal with so limiting to server only guilds makes sense a little. But at the same time what exactly is a clan besides a kingdom in itself without it's own island and without controlling pk and who you can hurt.

This is going to be an interesting thing to watch imo. Let's see how it turns out, hopefully for the best.
As discussed previously, the plan is to greatly differentiate the mechanism of kingdoms in their current state once FB is released.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Update:

You can now join multiple clans!

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Update:

You can now join multiple clans!
Nice addition. A few friends previously had to leave their clans to join mine, and I'm sure they'll be happy to belong to several.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 PM
whatever.
Maharu will become famous soon enough
just to make everyone aware, because you can now join multiple clans, the command to turn your clan tag on has changed.

instead of "/clantag" you now have to type "/clantag nameofclan"

you need to do this even if you're only in one clan
Old 10-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Awful, global guilds disabled so essentially a premium on (Guild).
Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
Awful, global guilds disabled so essentially a premium on (Guild).
This, I'm currently in 8 global guilds that were created/used heavily within Graal Kingdoms community with some of those being highly specific to GK. The most prominent amongst those being GK Legends, which now seems almost pointless as you can't even use it on the server it was intended to be used on.