Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 07:27 PM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Herb_P2P
Accounts

Can we remove this from Era already? I always have stuff that I want to store to my extra accounts but i have to take both my accounts to a place hardly anyone goes to so that I can drop and then switch to my main account and grab.

This was originally put on because people would use a trial account so they can be the ones who destroy all the bombs during raids. sooo ya... remove it.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew
Old 08-19-2010, 08:01 PM
|MÍrÁy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I totally agree with this. This was retarded and Chris Vimes didn't even listen to this since he made it so he was able to go on multiple accs on his PC
Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I like this factor, it was implemented on GK so players couldn't have many accounts on during an event. Leave it as is.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
I like this factor, it was implemented on GK so players couldn't have many accounts on during an event. Leave it as is.
If it's an event specific problem then wouldn't it make more sense to specifically just not allow two players with the same IP/MAC address into event levels?

There are other reasons why people would want to be on two accounts at once.

Storage isn't one of them though, you damn cheap Mexican. Just buy more damn lockers or a house.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 PM
|MÍrÁy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
What events are there that is so special that you need to use 2 accounts

Let them use 2 accounts in a gang event, they'll be a man down
Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
If it's an event specific problem then wouldn't it make more sense to specifically just not allow two players with the same IP/MAC address into event levels?
What if for example me and my brother wanted to play in the same Event?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
What if for example me and my brother wanted to play in the same Event?
Two of my brothers play Era as well and we've never had a problem so I'm guessing this detects based on MAC address? I only said IP address because I wasn't sure if it's possible to get MAC address via script.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:57 PM
|MÍrÁy|
It does it by pc:#
Old 08-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Jugglernaut is on a distinguished road
Zodiac does this for their events, shouldn't be hard for Era to copy.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:24 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Two of my brothers play Era as well and we've never had a problem so I'm guessing this detects based on MAC address? I only said IP address because I wasn't sure if it's possible to get MAC address via script.
Detecting Multi-Clienting
Old 08-19-2010, 10:48 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
yeah I don't see any reason at all why having 2 accounts online at once is a bad thing. sure, it gives players an advantage in events like chance and lucky grab, but this isn't anything that can't be restricted to events only.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:34 PM
King
Herb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of lightHerb_P2P is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Herb_P2P
Quote:
Storage isn't one of them though, you damn cheap Mexican. Just buy more damn lockers or a house.

for me it is, so fk you! I don't want to waste my money on lockers, and I can't afford a house.

I'd rather keep my items in my Accounts instead of risking them in the lockers or house. I might run out of time if im not on for a week or more, and you can never trust anyone with the houses cuz they end up scamming you.

R.I.P. Travis Fo
Late Night Crew

Last edited by Herb_P2P; 08-19-2010 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: adding stuff...
Old 08-20-2010, 12:28 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It was added because players were using guest accounts to run into gang bases, damage everyone or suicide bomb (without losing points), then let the rest of their gang run in. I eventually just made it so trials can't do damage in gang bases, so this could probably be removed, although you can still use other accounts to do it.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:15 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
It was added because players were using guest accounts to run into gang bases, damage everyone or suicide bomb (without losing points), then let the rest of their gang run in. I eventually just made it so trials can't do damage in gang bases, so this could probably be removed, although you can still use other accounts to do it.
sounds like some people need to take off the try hard pants.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:32 AM
Jugglernaut is on a distinguished road
and reveal the soiled underwear!