Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 12:35 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
New update fixed my issues with not being able to open v6...

(now fix external rc <3 )

thank you. :3
Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Ah just sent a PM...
Ok

A new Graal version has been released: v6.035:

- Added options for in-game and external gui style:
New script variable $pref::Video::externalguistyle, new event onExternalStyleChanges. It is recommended to now use $pref::Video::externalguistyle for external windows, will also update the Linux version sometime soon for this. For best compatibility you can use ("-Serverlist").getGUIStyle() and ("-Serverlist").getExternalGUIStyle() (which will fall back to $pref::Video::defaultguistyle for older versions)
- Fixed problems with the playerlist not opening
- Fixed some problems with the packager we use to bundle files in Graal (which was sometimes preventing it from starting)
- When GUI controls are destroyed it will correctly redraw the parent control
- Fixed the position of particle effects on the screen for trial players or when GraalControl is moved
- Ganis now allow up to 50 sprites per frame per direction
- Fixed a crashing problem with the scripting engine which had problems when GUI controls or TStaticVars were destroyed in some cases, this also optimized it a little bit

There is still a strange problem with the windows, were it puts the game in background if you close several external GUI windows, will check this sometime.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:17 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Can you add player profiles to the external style?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:11 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
V6 Function Request:

PHP Code:
// This will do exactly what paused and 100ap does -- player doesn't block and swords do nothing. 
InvinciblePlayer(seconds); // Makes the player invincible for a set amount of time 
InvinciblePlayer2(); // Makes the player invincible until it uses... 
UnInvinciblePlayer();

player.dontblock();
player.blockagain(); 
Thread Explaining InvinciblePlayer:
Invincible Functions
Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Can you add player profiles to the external style?
Ok fixed, it's also live-updating now when changing the style
Old 10-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Ok fixed, it's also live-updating now when changing the style
Cheers.

I noticed in V6 that I can't highlight and copy the Level: area. For example level13.nw, I can't highlight it and copy it. Is it possible to make this text highlight/copyable?

edit- I switched to OpenGL to see if my font will look nicer (like in V5) and now I can't open options or playerlist. I restarted Graal and unchecked OpenGL but now my playerlist and options don't work!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I switched to OpenGL to see if my font will look nicer (like in V5) and now I can't open options or playerlist. I restarted Graal and unchecked OpenGL but now my playerlist and options don't work!
This happened to me as well, except I am able to open the f3 options. It's been broken since the previous v6 release.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Graal Administration
Hmmm quite strange if it's not opening, which OS are you using? I can reproduce the problem by resizing the window directly after creating it, but usually that should not happen. Strange world of Windows
Old 10-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Hmmm quite strange if it's not opening, which OS are you using? I can reproduce the problem by resizing the window directly after creating it, but usually that should not happen. Strange world of Windows
Windows 7. It works now, though. I think if you like...disable Open GL and then run V5 your V6 playerlist will work again.

Would also be nice if PM windows all opened where you closed them and if the playerlist/PMs would remember how you sized it and placed it last.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It must have something to do with switching on or off OpenGL, because that's what Crono and I did when it stopped working.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:01 AM
dragonfire08 is an unknown quantity at this point
just did a fresh install of v6 v6.035 and my playerlist wont open unless i use the internal playerlist. when using the internal playerlist the image for it is broken and i cannot move it. i am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OS. the graal system tray icon is also broken for me. i am now noticing that i also cannot open f3, it worked earlier but now its not.

Last edited by dragonfire08; 10-24-2012 at 03:16 AM..
Old 10-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire08 View Post
just did a fresh install of v6 v6.035 and my playerlist wont open unless i use the internal playerlist. when using the internal playerlist the image for it is broken and i cannot move it. i am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OS. the graal system tray icon is also broken for me. i am now noticing that i also cannot open f3, it worked earlier but now its not.
When you boot Graal go to options and disable OpenGL. Close Graal then open it again, log onto a server, and try opening the playerlist. If it still doesn't work try downloading V5, run it, log on a server and open the playerlist, close the entire client, and then open Graal V6 and try opening the playerlist.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
When you boot Graal go to options and disable OpenGL. Close Graal then open it again, log onto a server, and try opening the playerlist. If it still doesn't work try downloading V5, run it, log on a server and open the playerlist, close the entire client, and then open Graal V6 and try opening the playerlist.
well, switching back from opengl to directx fixed my playerlist issues and my system tray icon problem, but now i have to deal with the the laggier feel of directx.i do like the new skin in this beta though. Crono, did u just tell me to install v5 while v6 was still on my computer? if so that shouldnt ever be considered a way to fix something. if installing an old version while the new version is installed will fix problems with the new version then that is just nonsense lol. everything should always be deleted from your hard drive and registry and freshly reinstalled, doing this should guarantee everything works peachy as long as your directx and opengl arent broken and your visual runtimes are in good shape. id like to note i have used v5 and have updated to v6 from within the client. the v6 version i played when updating from within v5 felt differently input/lag wise than a fresh install of v6 did. why? lol. this game should only require hardware on par with a nintendo 64 to run lol. you need to hire someone who is a master at scripting in windows. linux is irrelevant and will never be what windows or mac is. ever.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:21 PM
found another bug. when having the "external" playerlist open in v6 in directx mode you cannot "dock" the playerlist without losing the "x" out button on the playerlist. hitting f7 again will undock it and give you the "x" out button back though
Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire08 View Post
Crono, did u just tell me to install v5 while v6 was still on my computer? if so that shouldnt ever be considered a way to fix something. if installing an old version while the new version is installed will fix problems with the new version then that is just nonsense lol..
When I did it I un-checked OpenGL but didn't restart my client so the playerlist still didn't work. Then I went back on V5. Later on I went on V6 and saw my playerlist work so I didn't know if it was OpenGL or just re-opening V5.

The problem is with OpenGL.

I don't have any performance issues, I wonder what the specs are for those who experience issues with DirectX (something like every game out there uses) and Graal.

Tags
graal v6, windows