Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2016, 11:37 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Okay I started this thread with the goal of getting people interested in making quality content and for higher ups to continue attempting to understand the demand for currently existing quality content to be hosted.

Somehow it evolved into "Graal should be like facebook flash games with micro-transactions". That's a fine conversation, but clearly off topic. This thread is about discussing quality content.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:38 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Okay I started this thread with the goal of getting people interested in making quality content and for higher ups to continue attempting to understand the demand for currently existing quality content to be hosted.

Somehow it evolved into "Graal should be like facebook flash games with micro-transactions". That's a fine conversation, but clearly off topic. This thread is about discussing quality content.
but the facebook servers are oozing with quality content : - )....
Old 09-14-2016, 10:55 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The problem is that whether or not you or I or anyone else wants to/can produce quality content is irrelevant to the higher ups when the medium where the quality content is produced (PC Graal) isn't deemed relevant (profitable) in the first place. Hence why "it should be like facebook flash games with micro-transactions" comes up. Once it's profitable, it's attractive to the higher ups, and only then will the presence or lack of quality content be relevant. Quality content in a place that isn't profitable is the same to them as an ever deepening shithole that is also not profitable. And """"quality content"""" isn't what makes it profitable.

more importantly though, it's not a food.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:32 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
kia r u telling me that if i make a zelda server it probably wont be profitable because most ppl just want micro-transactions and not complex quests??
Old 09-14-2016, 12:24 PM
superbusyrobot is on a distinguished road
Honestly, with a lot of the shared online tools, development is now easier than ever. However, getting motivated people together to actually get work done is a bit like trying to wrangle up a room full of cats.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:06 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
The problem is that whether or not you or I or anyone else wants to/can produce quality content is irrelevant to the higher ups when the medium where the quality content is produced (PC Graal) isn't deemed relevant (profitable) in the first place. Hence why "it should be like facebook flash games with micro-transactions" comes up. Once it's profitable, it's attractive to the higher ups, and only then will the presence or lack of quality content be relevant. Quality content in a place that isn't profitable is the same to them as an ever deepening shithole that is also not profitable. And """"quality content"""" isn't what makes it profitable.

more importantly though, it's not a food.
Nice try, but none of this is true. You're basically telling me we shouldn't show a movie at the theatre because nobody is going to the theatre yet.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:48 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Nice try, but none of this is true. You're basically telling me we shouldn't show a movie at the theatre because nobody is going to the theatre yet.
I don't agree with anything that I said, it's from the perspective of the people you're trying to appeal to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
kia r u telling me that if i make a zelda server it probably wont be profitable because most ppl just want micro-transactions and not complex quests??
yes buying hats is way more fun than puzzles you dum
Old 09-14-2016, 07:40 PM
G2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I don't agree with anything that I said, it's from the perspective of the people you're trying to appeal to.
Oh, well in that case, apologies for misreading your sarcasm.