FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
What's the difference between an ET and a ET Cadet? It seems pretty stupid that an ET would be given a limited tool set since they're "new" to the job.

ETs should just be replaced with scripts anyway, that way you don't have to deal with the stupid drama but UN seems to enjoy that for some reason.
some games wouldn't work without an ET member handling the event, though having some unmanned events that are hosted periodically throughout the day would be pretty cool
Old 02-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
They've been cadets for 5 weeks now, why?
6 weeks now.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:36 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
While most servers run better with automated events, I just don't see that happening on UN- it just doesn't feel right. Events are probably the biggest part of UN, and they are hosted often, so I don't think it'd be good to replace then with automated events.

And one of the ETs couldn't do sudden death because they were "cadet"

It's time for them to be promoted!
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Last time I checked there were only 4 ETs right? And two were cadet?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
I dont know why you keep bundling me into this "management" package. I've tried to make it pretty clear that I am in no position to make management decisions, promote cadets or assign an ETA.
It seems sort of bizarre that you conducted the hiring then, if you're really not part of the management team then I don't see why you'd have been making other management decisions like stripping rights from staff members.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:11 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
It seems sort of bizarre that you conducted the hiring then, if you're really not part of the management team then I don't see why you'd have been making other management decisions like stripping rights from staff members.
Someones gotta do it? Are you saying that all the staff should just sit back and wait for the managers to do stuff like this? As you said before, the management isn't doing anything, and I think swim chaos is a bit of a high qualified staff. Stop trolling
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Someones gotta do it? Are you saying that all the staff should just sit back and wait for the managers to do stuff like this? As you said before, the management isn't doing anything, and I think swim chaos is a bit of a high qualified staff. Stop trolling
How can what I said possibly be considered trolling? He is clearly a de facto member of the management team if he was both able to hire Cadet ETs and then actually do so.

It seems he only doesn't want that label when all the negatives that come with it comes along.

Should he not be a part of the Management team, I have full faith that the competent PWA team will take a full evaluation of why he has Level 4 RC since his title is "Developer" and he doesn't actually develop anything.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:13 PM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
I know lots of you kids are aspiring admins on UN, and probably one day hope to have your own "The Man" staff ranking, but please stop sucking up to people like Streety who don't do anything but is still one of the most powerful people on UN. He's UN's Putin.
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 02-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
i am the man

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 AM
the KattMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorollychu View Post
I know lots of you kids are aspiring admins on UN, and probably one day hope to have your own "The Man" staff ranking, but please stop sucking up to people like Streety who don't do anything but is still one of the most powerful people on UN. He's UN's Putin.
Yeah, I do want to work on UN someday, because UN is my favorite server and I would like to develop for it. No, I'm not going to suck up to staff members to get there, no I don't think that sucking up to staff members will get me there. If I am able to become a great developer in a few years I will apply.
Quote:
Old 02-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Yeah, I do want to work on UN someday, because UN is my favorite server and I would like to develop for it. No, I'm not going to suck up to staff members to get there, no I don't think that sucking up to staff members will get me there. If I am able to become a great developer in a few years I will apply.
In a few years it wont be here. If it is, you probably wouldn't want to develop it because it will suck. lol
Old 02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered Space Pirate
Chakrah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chakrah Send a message via MSN to Chakrah
events lol

Chakrah Rain (BTK)
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
I know you all "care oh so much" about UN, but I don't think making 25 threads a day is going to cut it in other words change anything at this point...
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Registered Space Pirate
Chakrah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chakrah Send a message via MSN to Chakrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor View Post
I know you all "care oh so much" about UN, but I don't think making 25 threads a day is going to cut it in other words change anything at this point...
why are you using quotations

Chakrah Rain (BTK)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Chi Patrol
taylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to alltaylor is a name known to all
"?"
it's the new thing, never heard of it?