Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 04:32 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Transportation & Custom Projectiles

Somewhat of a combined thread, but I'd just like it to be known that regarding the previously raised issue of travel time to and from Master Li's tasks we hope to release the Warp Ring some time over the new few weeks or more.

The Warp Ring will work differently to how it has in the past both pre and post NPC-Server.
Once obtained you will be able to set a warp location where you encounter a certain type of statue in game. These will be located at strategic locations such as Master Li's and Graal City castle. So while you're tackling the Master Li tasks you'll be able to near instantly warp to the ninja encampment.
Eventually you'll encounter other statues where if used will set your warp location to them.

As for how we plan to release the Warp Ring, we're making a side-task albeit fairly simple that will be possible to complete at any time after obtaining the shield within the ninja trial.
The technique required to complete this will be using the shield to deflect projectiles (not reflect, this will be level 2 shield and above).

For this, we have scripted and implemented a fully custom projectile system where in the past the built-in shoot function had been used.
On-top of salvaging old features such as deflections and arrows lighting on fire, this will enable us to make alot of technical and visible improvements.

Here is a preview video showing projectile effects we've had prepared for a while combined with the new system where arrow deflection is occuring:

Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I love that arrow deflection. Nice work.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:19 AM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura about
These are some of the new effects Thor showed me earlier, it looks very well planned out and professional, this will certainly give a good impression to new players that visit the server.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
I was happy with the performance until I saw that god awful Nukeshot explosion again, I was hoping for it to be removed. Everything else is nice.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:41 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
I saw that same explosion with the nukeshot on UN during a special event.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:32 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, the nukeshot explosion has to go, and why does the nukeshot firing noise sound more like a bow than the bow firing noise?
Old 05-17-2011, 01:25 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillmaster19 View Post
I saw that same explosion with the nukeshot on UN during a special event.
I find this claim a bit dubious at best, as the likely creator of the effect you're talking about
Old 05-17-2011, 05:28 AM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
nice work thor

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I find this claim a bit dubious at best, as the likely creator of the effect you're talking about
This is not true in the case of Classic's effect, so if it is indeed being used on UN I would like it removed.

I'm wondering what the problem with the explosion is exactly?

Last edited by ffcmike; 05-17-2011 at 08:01 AM..
Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
This is not true, so if it is indeed being used on UN I would like it removed.

I mean the effect he saw on UN for the special event. Don't think you can have something removed from UN that was used one time over a month ago?

All it is is a rotation and zoom on an image using the particle engine for the version seen on UN.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Banned
Quote:
I mean the effect he saw on UN for the special event. Don't think you can have something removed from UN that was used one time over a month ago?

All it is is a rotation and zoom on an image using the particle engine for the version seen on UN.
This is obviously under the assumption that it is exactly the same and not just something else that looks similar, which admittedly I wouldn't know for sure.
This effect however does have multiple images of the singular explosion and a particular lighting, so it should be distinguishable to an extent.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
This is obviously under the assumption that it is exactly the same and not just something else that looks similar, which admittedly I wouldn't know for sure.
This effect however does have multiple images of the singular explosion and a particular lighting, so it should be distinguishable to an extent.
it's not exactly the same.

Also, again unsure how something could be taken a month or more in advance?

PHP Code:
function onPlayerEnters()
{

with (findimg(200))
  {

with (emitter)
    {

nrofparticles 1;

particleTypes 1;

with (particles[0])
      {

image "unevent_swat_explode.png";

zoom 1;

lifetime 1;

layer 2;
      }

addlocalmodifier("once"00"spin""replace"degtorad(-360), degtorad(360));

addlocalmodifier("impulse"00"zoom""add"00.15);

emit();
    }
  }

EDIT:

also still really unsure how this started at all when I said to a guy talking about UN's effect

Quote:
I find this claim a bit dubious
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Banned
Quote:
also still really unsure how this started at all when I said to a guy talking about UN's effect
I'm not attempting to accuse you of anything, I'm only saying this under the previously unclear possibility that it might have been the case, which has now become clear that it isn't.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Both are ugly, shut up guys
Old 05-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Both are ugly, shut up guys
Quote: