Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2015, 03:31 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Bragging rights don't exist because just like Tim said the game is endless running. Betflipping has always been boring?? Saying heads or tails can get some people off though I guess. If I wanted to make money and people raided then I would be raiding like when they initially made points worth $150/each, but I actually agree with making deaths/K not important and nnot recording **** with the p menu. Chaos system ftw who needs menus when we can have chat commands and toalls
Old 02-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Would be great if there was certain perks people benefited from raids. Such as Guild Perks, that stay active as long as your holding that specific spot. Would make people raid a lot more often.
We have perks that CVimes implemented and they have caused more problems than enough. Players don't usually like them and perks are only good if you're getting kills.

You raid a building for a reason, you don't raid a building to stand in it? If you raid a bank, you raid to get the money?

So we need a purpose for raiding. I had great ideas and different type of rotation raids that could of taken place in different rooms and they end with a gang winning that certain type of raid.

All objective based raiding. Giving it a meaning.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
We have perks that CVimes implemented and they have caused more problems than enough. Players don't usually like them and perks are only good if you're getting kills.

You raid a building for a reason, you don't raid a building to stand in it? If you raid a bank, you raid to get the money?

So we need a purpose for raiding. I had great ideas and different type of rotation raids that could of taken place in different rooms and they end with a gang winning that certain type of raid.

All objective based raiding. Giving it a meaning.
Maybe those perks was just done wrong, don't speak for the people of era.. Most your opinions are biased speak for your self. But because I used the same name as chris vimes, didn't mean I was talking about the same approach.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 02-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Maybe those perks was just done wrong, don't speak for the people of era.. Most your opinions are biased speak for your self. But because I used the same name as chris vimes, didn't mean I was talking about the same approach.
Those perks were done perfectly. How else could you do them? We even have a 15 kill streak perk than drops a crate on a parachute to give you a chance at winning things. It's only a bonus to raiding not a solution.

I'm not speaking for myself. I play the game, you don't. My ideas and strategies are built around the opinions of many not just for myself. I would never implement something on my own terms because then how would you know if anybody else likes it.

I hear people talking about gang ideas every day, we discuss these things and the big problem is people want a reason to raid. They need things to win, they aren't asking for items. Take Koth or CTF for example.. They love taking part in them because they have something to fight and win for.

Well, what if i told you, you could use CTF etc as a type of raiding with a lot of other types of raiding on a rotating basis. Now, that's where s hit gets fun. If you really want, i can post up the plan i had in a thread, some you might like some you might not. We will never agree on everything as people like different things. Exactly why i discussed it with a lot of people and came up with it.

Last edited by Darlene159; 02-16-2015 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Can be done in a PM
Old 02-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I'll forward your problems to the Gang Admin.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:49 PM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
I can't say I've ever raided to gain points or money. I raided because I wanted to do better than the guy on the opposite team. Why do we have to be rewarded? What's better than pissing off your opponent? Nothing.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
People don't think that way any more Katbot.
It's all about catering to the lazy and earn everything for free players now a days.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:59 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I blame society.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
Thanks Obama.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Blame the parents.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:14 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Make it more like Graal2001 again. All redundancy aside Era is a strange cousin to 2k1 in my opinion, it was made by a majority of 2k1 players. I think that's Era's strong point.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:02 PM
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
While I don't see the problems with incentives for raiding/PKing, the fact is that people will quickly get bored if the core mechanic is not fun. We have plenty of incentives already.
Let me list all of them that come to mind: gang base perks, gang items (guns/hats), gang point items, top gang perks (spartan laser (?) and 5 EC a week), gang point money ($150/point), top gang player/week,, killdrop money, kill streak rewards, top 3 PKer/day.
That's a lot of added currency/stuff to the economy just to get people to play the game. Other games often delineate the "fun" and the "grinding" part. Even when we combine them, we can't get people to play... obviously something is wrong with the current system.

Honestly I think the biggest two issues are:
1) Outside PKing is gone. The spawn system does not let people hold the bases at all, and the GMAP has become a ghost town. Additionally, there can't be any "let's group up + go sewers" type of strategy any more. It's just rush in, shoot shoot, die. Repeat.
2) The GMAP gang bases are too big for the current activity level. When there are only 5-10 active PKers at a time, it doesn't make sense to have such a huge GMAP. It was a lot harder to run away in old BH base.

Overall, I really really appreciate all the work Tim, Mesh, Nas, and everyone else did on these new systems. I really do. But I think the current reality of the game means we need to rethink some of the basics to make it a more fun experience for players

Last edited by paintballdude956; 02-16-2015 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: Fixed grammar
Old 02-16-2015, 11:54 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
fix the server lag please...im tired of spiking during crunch time in raids
Old 02-16-2015, 11:57 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I don't take offense to it. The system was broke before and it's broke now. It worked fine for about a month. But if you guys wanna go back to the old bases there's nothing stopping you.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:33 AM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I don't take offense to it. The system was broke before and it's broke now. It worked fine for about a month. But if you guys wanna go back to the old bases there's nothing stopping you.
I am completely against this, as it feels like everything we do is one step forward, two steps back. We're going to go back to the old way, it'll last for a month again, and we'll be right back here on the forums dealing with the same messages about how "the management team is failing, the server sucks, blah blah blah."

I do like the idea of re-working Sales event bot to host in non-peak times, as well as maybe some base tweaks to make them more friendly to 5-10PKing groups, and make them a bit less spacious.