Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone Suggestions.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 04:57 PM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
Roll

Ok, so lately I have been getting really annoyed by this roll feature. Why? Well, because whenever you get into a good fight people just keep running away with roll, and it gets really annoying after a while because if you both have the same class, then you'l basically never catch up to them....unless they're like really laggy. So post your ideas on how you think that the roll feature can be improved in this thread.

My idea is: Maybe make it so that each roll takes energy, like 10 energy per roll or something. Or you could just do it the easy way and add a delay time per each roll. In my head right now, I'm thinking perhaps 5-10 second delay.

And for those of you that don't know how to roll: Just hold onto or tap the F key, and move in any direction.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Old 07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Methods of dashing/rolling in games typically penalize the player to some degree so it's not used as an alternate mode of [faster] transportation, and instead used as temporary means of evasion. Usually it's by providing a sudden burst of speed that slows down and then ultimately leaves the player stopped for a moment before they can move again.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:49 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Methods of dashing/rolling in games typically penalize the player to some degree so it's not used as an alternate mode of [faster] transportation, and instead used as temporary means of evasion. Usually it's by providing a sudden burst of speed that slows down and then ultimately leaves the player stopped for a moment before they can move again.
UN's roll is used for transportation, so Zone isn't being crazy having their roll resemble UN's.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:52 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
UN's roll is used for transportation, so Zone isn't being crazy having their roll resemble UN's.
Basing anything on UN is crazy.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:56 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
meh, it's just in the graal past all rolls that i've ever seen on servers have been used for transportation.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:59 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
stop sucking and kill them
Old 07-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
meh, it's just in the graal past all rolls that i've ever seen on servers have been used for transportation.
You really shouldn't use other servers as a basis for standards. Use other games. Also, there haven't really been other servers like Zone, so it's not really fair to compare things like that. Zone is a server that I'm pretty sure is only about competition. There is no overworld to travel on or explore. Roll was probably only intended for combat... so it shouldn't serve any transportation purposes. Even games like Zelda where the overworlds are large and vast, rolling had mechanics in place to discourage it for being used for travel.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
stop sucking and kill them
Coming from someone who really doesn't know how this ruins Zone.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:16 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Maybe there could just be an ammo of 5? Too bad there isn't an option to choose to spar without rolling.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
ω
Or simply have roll cost a lot of energy, say 50.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Or simply have roll cost a lot of energy, say 50.
I disagree. The problem with the roll is when players use them continuously to run from a fight. If they are running away, they will have time for their energy to recharge. That is why there should be a maximum ammunition rather than using energy as their ammunition.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Coming from someone who really doesn't know how this ruins Zone.
not my fault u suck
Old 07-23-2010, 09:36 PM
ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
I disagree. The problem with the roll is when players use them continuously to run from a fight. If they are running away, they will have time for their energy to recharge. That is why there should be a maximum ammunition rather than using energy as their ammunition.
I understand, but i don't see why someone else couldn't just use equal rolls to keep up with another player, if it was running.. and this would solve spar rolling, since you could only do a few rolls before running out of energy- along with the fact you wouldn't be able to use some energy-based guns because of rolling, would even that out.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
not my fault u suck
I kill them. It still ruins Zone.