Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
using gscript as a game mechanic

do you think it would be fun to use gscript as a way for players to customize their NPCs to their own whims? using limited rights and various adventures to expand the length and number of commands players are allowed to use, it could be interesting to let players manipulate their NPCs through scripts so they can progress on the server

you could even make "script"able items that players quest for that allow them this limited power, including swords, shields, and various other equipment. it could be the ultimate form of customization instead of simply character sprites

there are obvious security concerns for something like this - i'm unsure if it's even possible to allow all players an automatic read/write right on their own NPCs as they log on, or if its possible to create a system that allows for limited but frequent scripting edits to a player's personal collection of items

i just don't think anyone has ever discussed using scripting as a game mechanic. then again, i'm also not sure anyone would even want it as one. however, it'd be a really cool way to get more people into developing their own stuff
Old 11-05-2010, 03:04 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Hmm maybe an not gscript but an artificial language from gscript, this sounds a bit like the hacking thing on Enter the Matrix which I always found fun.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:14 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
You can let people edit logic gates to control stuff. It's even been scripted several times before.